Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favourite locale for a new Sim?

What is your favourite world for a brand new Sim.

What is your favourite locale for a new Sim? 107 votes

An apartment in San Myshuno
26%
Kita5399mcorralgnelso1239NiaraTiarapandie00MDianaSimsSheepilingPotterheadSimRedShoe7TamakiSakura84j1z1ThePinkBookGirlHopeyStarrbirdonawireafai1261TTNsimmerAmandèleAuroraskiesPreCiiousxstxrrysequence 28 votes
Windenburg
17%
JestTruIsa_MenezesLizzychicagoMissElphebaphantasmkissRavager619benson2006OldeseadoggeSheriSim57AbraKadabraVivi_WillowTreeEvie0602PeralSERVERFRAPenguinBudgieamberlunezCarendunaBabblingStaceyFairykitty 19 votes
Oasis Springs
6%
SindocatHermitgirlStutumAliSim19EllupelluelluRhain420Isharell 7 votes
Willow Creek
11%
SusanaLeoteMeteoraStormLustianiciaAquariusMomspice3foxybillysnoepjes1210GitaFlyingPotato659AgentJuliaNorthDakotaGamersprinkles116 12 votes
Brindleton Bay
8%
Angel_mixMi9shaoscarsimgirl1010pajamajam07ScotsimjoRN1414MageKnightEmolgaSimmerGeorgePurpleHeather 9 votes
Sulani
10%
winkeljohn78SirenLuminosalyssasim87BabykittyjadeOnverserKathykinsDrakossmurfy77popstarsleySharoniaNate_Whiplash1 11 votes
Other (please state)
19%
GalacticGalTheSpotted_CIsb917cchant86stilljustme2taydevChampandGirlieGemmie12Adria22WaytoomanyUIDstexxx78Karababy52ScobreAtreya33GlacierSnowRouensimsSimmingalArcherDKLiefStrawberryNightmare 21 votes

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Sulani
    That's an easy one for me, because I'd love to live on an island. I'm only 15 minutes from the beach now, but it's not the same...
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Willow Creek
    The suburban setting of Willow Creek is honestly perfect for family gameplay, which is often the type of story I play.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    A lot of my single sims live in apartments. It's not really a place they live once the family starts expanding. So it's my only chance to play apartments.
    I suppose university dorms in Britechester are a close second, but they can't really start out there as they need a couple of days to get their uni application approved.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited September 2020
    Other (please state)
    Ideally I love lots that are close to sea/lake

or lots that have very little fx housing and more real lots next to them so i can make "community" like FH/WB Island/SV mansion area for example

or then i have house i want to build/already built that suits certain lot the best so i go with that

or if im feeling the "we are not building a thing" vibes i go with one of the small -medium apartments

I also very much dodge mega sized lots cause I just don't know what to do with all those squares as i tend to build rather small and don't really handle landscaping all that well yet but maybe one day I'll play on those lots too

never use newcrest tho cause i just hate the sheer audacity of those fx houses and if i want the theme i just go willow creek straight away
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited September 2020
    Love apartments. I wish I could shove a majority of my sims in them.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Other (please state)
    Forgotten Hollow.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Other (please state)
    Depends on the type of Sim and the story I’m going for. I’m partial to Newcrest though as I enjoy building. But sometimes it’s Forgotten Hollow, Brindleton Bay, or anywhere that fits the Sim’s story really. :)
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    Other (please state)
    i have a rotianal gameplay so they all live in diffrent places
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Other (please state)
    It depends on the sim and the story I have in my mind. I have currently 4 locations which I like and use a lot : Windenburg, Glimmerbrook, Sulani and Strangerville.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Other (please state)
    At this point, I would pick the world randomly. I have basically filled the entire world of Willow Creek though. That's probably where I'd go for a random sim with no back story.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Other (please state)
    Depends entirely on the sim I am making. Human will start in Willow Creek, Vampire will start in Forgotten Hollow and a Merfolk will start in Sulani. Not really tat fond of Glimmebrook, so a Mage will start anywhere.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Brindleton is my all-time number one for a new Sim couple or Family. If I'm doing a single or a young adult I'll typically steer toward San Myusho or what the plum is the EL world? LOL. That one. I love Sulani, but it's more for my laid back eco types rather than my hipster eco types.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sulani
    Sulani cause I like the small island community vibe that it has.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    If I am doing something like rags to riches I will use a desert world for milder winters, but otherwise I like to put them in an apartment while they save up for a house.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sulani
    Sulani is my favorite but I have 0 descimination. And where i place the sim depends on what environment i want for them. I'm still in the middle of a total overhaul but I'm giving each world a theme specific for certain types of sims. Such as urban/creepy/rich and famous/alien etc
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Oasis Springs
    There's an affordable house in the desert that's not too shabby. I tend to let my Sims start there.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other (please state)
    It depends on the household. My favourites are Sulani, Glimmerbrook and Oasis Springs.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    edited September 2020
    Other (please state)
    I chose Other, because it really depends on which game save I'm playing. I've restarted my Cantrell family so often that one thing I've done to not get myself all confused on whose done what and when, that I often use a different world to start them out in. I am very thankful to the player who recreated the Wright Way house from Sims2. I had it in my Sims3 game and then realized there was something wrong with it. I lost little Adrian to the Social Worker because he was freezing to death in his upstairs room. Yes, it was snowing outside, but he had on warm pajamas, I'm not a monster. LOL That's when I went into build mode to discover what was amiss. There was no ceiling on the front tower, which was directly over his third floor bedroom. Something was also not quite right about the front wall along the porch. I went back into Sims2 to take a better look at the original lot. (That's when I realized there was no grid in build mode. :open_mouth: ) I was transferring the rebuild onto graph paper so I could build it in Sims4. Fixed the front wall problem (I believe). It sits on a 64 X 64 lot so they have a yard with a pool and room for a greenhouse they rarely use.
    This is it in Del So Valley:
    n1eWgil.jpg
    x5sJylF.jpg
    U521cts.jpg
    Yeah, it's large, but I love Mega-Builds.

When it comes to my ancestral game save, they earned the land through what's called headrights (18th century). If a colonist paid for the passage of another to the new land, they earned 50 acres of land per passenger they paid to come over. Nice little racket, no? So, the land was theirs and they built log cabins using the trees in that wilderness. So, they shouldn't have to pay for the house, right?
    4zS82lx.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg is still the very best world.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Windenburg
    I picked Windenburg because it is my favorite. My first and main sim has lived in Oasis Springs, then Willow creek and then saved up for a nice home in Windenburg. If she could have a second or third home, I would pick Sulani ( on the beach) and Glimmerbrook in the woods. But, even in .windenburg my sim lives in an outdoorsy type of place. I love the quaint houses there.

However in actuality my sims start off all over. I play rotational ( keeps me from boredom). If they start in a house, it’s usually small, or they have several roommates in a larger home, or they might start in an apartment. I also play many of the premade sims some, which in most cases live where they were. My Painter, Musician, Gamer, Art critic, Police chief ( and their families ) moved to San Myshuno. My Scientist, Boss Sim and Photographer live in Newcrest, my secret agent, CEO, journalist/ Authors, astronauts, and Doctors families live in Willow Creek. The Goths live in Forgotten Hollow. My Pro ball player and Media person live in willow creek, but are looking toward a move to Sulani when they save enough. My fisherman/plumber and his wife and dog have a place in Brindleton Bay. My military hero is in Stangeville, probably moving to the EL town soon. My twin witches are in Glimmerbrook. I have a DJ, investor, receptionist, and influencer in Windenburg. So, they are spread all around. I haven’t done much with Del Sole valley yet. That would have been a good place for apartments, and more lots. I would have loved to see a middle class section there. The University town has too small of lots, but I’m playing the Pleasants there till they graduate I will probably add more venues there later for college kids.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Willow Creek
    My go-to is Willow Creek. Even started my royalty save there.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Oasis Springs
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Windenburg is still the very best world.

It is indeed the best world, I just don't care much for the houses you can afford right away. I often have my Sims move to the Riverside Roost house once they can afford it.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Other (please state)
    I like Strangerville best, followed by Willow Creek.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    It’s been interesting reading your comments and seeing how spread out this is. Only Oasis Springs seems to be getting left behind, a little. <3
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Sulani
    NRowe wrote: »
    It’s been interesting reading your comments and seeing how spread out this is. Only Oasis Springs seems to be getting left behind, a little. <3

Oasis Springs is actually my second favorite. I don't like cold/snow (either in my games or real life), so OS isn't too shabby