Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod for..

I have only last year discovered that there were some mods for TS3, and i wondered if anyone knew of a mod helpung out vampires some, making them not so much accusing or confessing to be one at least to other vampires. I loved playing them in TS3, but that was a hard one to get thru( those parts I mean, not the game love it) and it was worse when it was the vamp that turned your Sim onto one lol. Thanks for any info.

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited September 2020
    You could probably use Nraas Retuner. I know you can tune out lots of social interactions with it. I have used it to tune out many "accuse of ..." interactions.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    You could probably use Nraas Retuner. I know you can tune out lots of social interactions with it. I have used it to tune out many "accuse of ..." interactions.

Thank you so so much!!!
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Yes, there is a mod for this, but it requires to be a member here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
    if you will be a member then this is the mod for disabled this auto accuse of being a vampire: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/4603-no-accuse-or-deny-being-a-vampire-requires-supernatural-ep/
    But as said, you´ll have to register there at first. But I would recommend that, because they have a lot of very useful mods and if you don´t want to mess with NRaas Register.
    I also have many mods from the site suggested by AlexaKry but since installing Retuner I have been able to dispense with many of the tuning mods I got from there. It's up to you which you use but, for me, it's preferable to have one mod that does many things than to have many mods in my Packages folder.
    @AlexaKry I am still little scared of Retuner but am slowly getting the feel of where to look for what I want tuned out of my game. I always do it after I have saved so that I can exit without saving if I am not happy with the result.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Mikezumi : I understand the scare completely! I think that when I try to tune something I will do it wrong, on top of that I don´t understand everything that´s there because the English is so complicated when a command is paraphrased, then I sit there with the translator and my phone and just scritch my head. :D
    Most of this mods would be better if I would change them via Retuner instead of putting the thousandth mod into the mods folder but I´m too dumb to use Retuner, I believe! :D
    Thank you so much, you are both so great! I will check all of those out, see what feels the best. I use MCCC for TS4 and it took me a while just to learn what I do use lol, many parts I am not sure how to mess with, so I will probably be in that category of hard to understand lol. Thank you so much!
    For what you need it shouldn't be too hard to find what you are looking for with Retuner. From memory it's as simple as finding Social Interactions under the menu. I can't remember if it's under general but that sounds about right. When you access Social Interactions there's a massive alphabetical list of more social interactions than you ever thought you might want to get rid of but I managed to find many! :D
    Oh, I forgot! Another good thing about Retuner is that you can click on an object and bring up the Retuner Menu. I use it when I see sims can't leave something alone for example The Karaoke Machine - I don't mind them using it but I don't need everyone in the family stopping what they are doing to watch the singer. Not only can you tune out autonomous use of objects but the way other sims react to them.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I don't use retuner, I like to just drop mods and play without having to adjust settings more than I already do with SP, and MC etc, so I also use most of Bluegenjutsu's range of Vampire mods at simsasylum. They really are very good.

Not only are there less accuse or deny vampire mods, but they're also integrated increased romantic autonomy & more autonomous vampires into one mod, if you're like me, and prefer your vampires to do their own thing without needing to be directed.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    @Pary Sounds like you know what you like and Bluegenjutsu's mods have been a game saver for me! :) Even with Retuner I still use many!
    I agree about not wanting to adjust more settings than is necessary but I don't have to do much of that unless something new annoys me as I export all my settings for future saves.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    It's highly advisable to read up on Retuner before using it. It has a steep learning curve. You can do a lot with Retuner including replace several of the functions of different mods out there; but you can also mess up your game really badly too if you're not watching what you're doing.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    To put things another way, Retuner does not come with a full users manual. It comes with a discussion/tutorial of how tuning works generally and we provide a long list of examples of members' favorite uses of the mod.

What the mod does is expose the game's master tuning file to a user interface so that adjustments can be made in-game rather than having to use standalone tuning mods for each set of changes. Object editing for things like autonomy and allowed to use (yes/no per object and type of sim) is easy, but once you get into the editable XML section, there are tens (hundreds?) of thousands of settings available and they are only somewhat organized and not very logically in many cases because that's how the game and its 11 EPs evolved.

Most of us don't know what 80% of those settings really do, we can guess by their names but sometimes it's easy to be misled or get things backwards. Or there might be three edits required to get one effect like set this to No, chance of that to 0, deny sims with this trait or that occult state, and we might not notice all of the associated ones. But it's the same as with creating tuning mods, those who do wouldn't have a magic guide to the game's master tuning file either and end up having to experiment with what sound or look like the right options. :)

In the end, I use both. If I can get/coax Retuner to do what I want then that's great. If it all becomes more complicated than it looked and there is a tuning mod out there that will deliver the desired results, then that's fine too (up to a point).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    You all are so great, I am so grateful for all of the advice. I have not added one yet as I am re-reading and re-reading not just all of your advice but the info on those too, so I can be sure not to mess up the game. Sims 3 was my fave except for that about the accuse and deny all the time lol, and the mailbox bug. I do know you can replace UT when it gets bugged out but I have forgotten before and ended up with permanent bills in my inventory. And tbh, that bug is more annoying than those social interactions lol. Thanks again so very much.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    You all are so great, I am so grateful for all of the advice. I have not added one yet as I am re-reading and re-reading not just all of your advice but the info on those too, so I can be sure not to mess up the game. Sims 3 was my fave except for that about the accuse and deny all the time lol, and the mailbox bug. I do know you can replace UT when it gets bugged out but I have forgotten before and ended up with permanent bills in my inventory. And tbh, that bug is more annoying than those social interactions lol. Thanks again so very much.

Sounds like my RL finances. :(
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~