Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Kinds Of Stories Do You Make Up?

124...Next

Comments

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2020
    Catzilla wrote: »
    If you're a storyteller type player, what kinds of stories do you make up for your sims?
    Or perhaps you play with a specific theme?

Go ahead and tell us about it if you like, new ideas are always fun and inspiring.

Even with your large list of things to vote on, it is too broad a question to answer within that one list.
    I do story tell my sims, i even have family trees and other background information, it is always being worked on and changed to keep up with the sim world i wish to create. some sims storylines read like dry statistics, others are more fleshed out.

A small example would be of three sims who left the Teenage Trouble household and their replacements.
    (Small example doesn't mean simple or short, with some intertwining of other sims)

Tammy Gardener was part of that household but spent a few vacation days on the beach when she dived into the water, pulled up some kelp to eat with some other stuff, she cooked it the best she could and ate it, a few hours later an odd instinctual urge overcame her and drew her to the ocean. She became a mermaid and left the household to pursue her new life in Sulani.

A number of game months later and Lori Mackey replaced Tammy in the Teenage Trouble household, she too liked visiting Sulani, only she visited every chance she got, she doesn't know why, she just feels an errie tension and a distant feeling of being physically ill to a point as if any other place other than Sulani was alien to her. Lori swam in the ocean of Sulani for the first time and realised she had transformed which stunned her. Tamara was nearby, she saw and felt the transformation of Lori into a Mermaid.

Lori managed to go home but her sense of tension and being ill actually turned serious after the transformation and often debilitating as she had to return to Sulani after collecting her gear. Tammy was waiting for Lori at the airport and invited Lori to become part of her household. Lori has been the most happy she has ever felt swimming around in the warm waters of Sulani, and she has become very close with Tammy, they often do a lot of things together and they see each other as sisters.

Alison Jenkins left her household when her mother Hannah took the nuclear option on her cheating father Steven, the two of them went to court to dissolve the marriage. Luckily Katie Lancaster realised before she got too far into it with Steven that she wanted no further part in his love triangle and left the Jenkins household mere months after her arrival, she even apologised to Hannah. Katie went to seek out her half-brother, Tobias. A new babysitter was brought into the household days later and Steven was caught making love to the new babysitter weeks later.

The Babysitter was thrown out the household as Hannah went on a jealousy driven rampage. Cameron left the household, he didn't want to get involved and he fell in love with Claire Manderbrook while in a bar at Sulani, the two of them have been secretly dating for a few months and he moved out with Claire to live in Sulani. This left Alison and Liam. Liam unfortunately ended up in the care of Social services and has been very upset ever since,

Alison only had two choices, to try stay and end up on the street with nothing, or take the money her parents left her and move out, she decided to move out with the money and the Teenage Trouble household were advertising for a female teenage sim to join their household with the promise of a free bed, shelter, however she has to contribute and pay her way for everyone within, including herself to keep the house so no one ends up on the streets.

When Codie DeGauss met Melody at a spice festival in San Myshuno, the two of them have been drawn to each other very strongly, they had a great deal of fun together on dates and other things. Codie eventually left the Teenage Trouble Household after aging up to start his own household with Melody. Earl Duquesne filled that spot after a brief advertisement for a male teenage sim to join the Teenage household.

Earl Duquesne has been around for a little bit, some sims suggest strongly that Earl and Laurel Plato are brother and sister, but despite the resemblance and obvious snob personality traits, they are completely unrelated. While he has been around the sim world, he had a brief relationship with Mia Balilovic and Evelyn Manderbrook, both lasting a few weeks each. Earl finally has the chance to settle down somewhere with the Teenage Trouble household after reading the advert looking for a teenage male sim.
  • StuStuieStuStuie Posts: 455 Member
    Recreate favorite TV/Movies?
    I definitely love to recreate Big Brother Sims Style - I am currently on my 5th season and I love it. Maybe you can check it out :) The link is in my signature :)
  • LeCastelLeCastel Posts: 21 Member
    I play all the things...Or almost all the things.
    A couple weeks ago it was just the standard normal family live, but I've seen been going out and doing a bit more crazy things. Just picking a random pack/expansion and focus on its content for an entire generation and then pick another one for their kid(s), etc. Has been a lot more fun!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited September 2020
    though I wouldn't say my game is very story driven, I do have like a backround for all the sims in mind, their personality, which determines what they do, so some are more family oriented, others are adventures, some are evil, a few are insane and so on.
    It's more of a "in character playstyle" I would call it, than actually telling a story.

The only pre-determined thing is romance, who I want to become a couple and how, like where they meet and how their relationship forms which also keeps in mind the personality and backround of each sim, i.e. one couple are both genius and therefore very into learning, met in Uni, another soon to be couple met through their mothers (who are best friends and used to work together), I just had one of them throw a house party just to invite the other one...parties are a thing the other one usually isn't into, but because his love interest threw it he went there.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Soap Opera/Melodrama/Stories type things?
    I don't really make up stories that often, I kinda go with the flow, but I base a lot on my community's social and administrative structures, meaning some get elected for a working Council, some are rich, some are poor. I also have additional DNA deciding what sim is infertile, dumb, successful, gay etc. I also made up background stories including several generations for at least half my 70 households, some within a nobility class. The mix of all this automatically gives many interesting twists and stories without me directing a lot. Not the least variety, which is what I strive for the most.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • QuasiattractorQuasiattractor Posts: 17 Member
    Science Fiction or Fantasy?
    I have really enjoyed reading the stories that other simmers have developed. I've had many stories, with 6 families that I started long ago. I also have new ones that begin after each major pack or expansion.
    The most recent one is a young military sim who lives in Strangerville and is determined to stay single and have casual flings when the mood strikes her. After some time, while investigating the strange occurences in the town, she received a call from a woman who told her that she was the recipient of an inheritance. Would she receive it? Of course, she responded! There's just one catch, says the woman on the phone...you have to get married within the next 6 days or you lose it. (This actually happened in the game!) My sim responded with an affirmative and ended the call. She was literally depressed off and on for days as she went about her research activities!
    So, the story carried me along and I sent her to visit the man she had the closest relationship with (a scientist she had met when she first moved to town) and had a lovely romantic evening. What would I (she) choose? 15 minutes left till she would lose her inheritance...she sighed and he proposed, suggesting a whirlwind elopement. But, alas, the clock ran out just before the wedding was over.
    She would never now what the inheritance was because she waited too long, but she really couldn't have married a nicer guy.
    I love it when the game provides the story like that, and I just took the ball and ran with it. It was great fun, and seriously, this couple has gone on to have more crazy adventures that I wouldn't have anticipated, such as a vampire visitation late at night. Who did he choose to bite? Our recent savior of the town, our girl who finally settled down. It's looking very much like she is turning...well I have a feeling that this story will go on and the adventures are definitely not going to stop.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Historical?
    My favorite save is the Simerican Settlers challenge!
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The more whacky hijinks the better?
    I play all kinds of stuff including family gameplay but with a twist.
    I never understood the whole perfect family with 2 kids and one dog. All high skills, high grades and promotions.
    I just felt like in a game you can go all out and mess things up. Have a sim be a lazy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and their partner a workaholic politician while their daughter feels left alone and spends all her time with her best friend's family and her best friend us the sweetest person ever but she has a thing for money so she visits all teenage boys' homes to find the wealthiest one to pay for her vacation in France.

That's the kind of things I play.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I never understood the whole perfect family with 2 kids and one dog. All high skills, high grades and promotions.
    I just felt like in a game you can go all out and mess things up. Have a sim be a lazy 🌺🌺🌺🌺 and their partner a workaholic politician while their daughter feels left alone and spends all her time with her best friend's family and her best friend us the sweetest person ever but she has a thing for money so she visits all teenage boys' homes to find the wealthiest one to pay for her vacation in France.

Sounds like fun gameplay. Kind of like how I play too. I like having things go wrong in my stories and games and having the game play out on its own. Reminds me of my first Sims family Bob and Betty Newbie where one was productive and the other wasn't.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Sallinger79Sallinger79 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm kind of a mix of "real life family play," "Soap Opera/Melodrama/Stories type things" and "go with the flow."

Real-life family play is usually my Legacies. Sometimes, specific challenge rules make them go in a certain direction, but for the most part, the goal is to get a job, have kids, repeat.

The go-with-the-flow is when I'm taking a break from one of my 'main' games. Sometimes I see an interesting-looking Townie and want to play with them for a while, or I get a new pack and make a new Sim to test it out or decide I want to play around with one of the new premades. I don't typically play with any of these households for very long - maybe a Sim-year or two at the most. (As a Legacy player, that's pretty short.)

The Soap Opera/Melodrama/Stories usually come from one of two places. Either an idea pops into my head for one of the premades (for example, MCCC matched up Don Lothario and Johnny Zest when I first started using it, and I ended up coming up with a whole story about how they met and got together and decided to play it out), or I make characters from one of the dozens of stories bouncing around in my head at any given time and play around with them. In those cases, I sometimes veer away from the 'script' a little bit, but it's a really fun way to get to know the characters a little bit better, and it sometimes sparks an idea for my writing that I probably wouldn't have had otherwise.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited September 2020
    Dark and or Adult themes that can not be mentioned?
    The game gave me an interesting story and I am going with it. When University came out I sent two brothers to college and they later married their college sweethearts and had kids. I kind of strayed away from the story but later used this save to do the 100 baby challenge so aging is on now. I was looking at manage households to pin down the next father and I noticed that one of the brothers had a different wife. I play with MCCC. The brothers are elders now and at some point one brother lost his wife. He married a much younger lady. I briefly went to check out her family tree and yep. He married his brother's granddaughter. His new wife would be his grand niece. lol I am just leaving it alone and my 100 baby mom is leaving them out of the gene pool. I should have started a new save when I started the challenge. Anyway MCCC is off now the 100 baby challenge (not supposed to use mods or cheats) and this means they will not have kids and that my university family will eventually die out. I am carrying on with the 100 baby challenge but sad about my university brothers.
  • SolsimSolsim Posts: 2 New Member
    Mostly family gameplay but I love to throw drama out there too.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Historical?
    I just felt like in a game you can go all out and mess things up. Have a sim be a lazy 🌺🌺🌺🌺 and their partner a workaholic politician while their daughter feels left alone and spends all her time with her best friend's family and her best friend us the sweetest person ever but she has a thing for money so she visits all teenage boys' homes to find the wealthiest one to pay for her vacation in France.

When I first saw this post I read your username as “SimGuruGeorge” and when I saw “vacation in France” I thought it was an obvious hint for EP10.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i mostly play family play with some drama in between. but i also love to throw supernaturals and sci fi into the mix. and sometimes i just go with the flow and let my sims direct where the story goes. so it just depends on my mood and what my sims are like and what they do.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited September 2020
    I play a mix of soap opera and go with the flow, I play depending on the sims traits and let things happen that way. :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    I mainly get inspired by legacy challenges
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    Do you keep it strictly real life family play?
    I like making a lot of my sims stories interconnect, give them siblings, parents, etc.

Here's a post I made in another thread kind give a good example to my storytelling style lol
    So first off, meet Lourdes Mendez and her mother, Gloria, and her two daughters, Elena and Camila. Lourdes is divorced so her mother moved into her tiny home to help her with the girls. Lourdes is working to fulfill her dream of becoming a mixologist and also trying to get back into the dating game. She also has a teenage son, Mario, but he lives with his father, and they have a strained relationship.

KqYyAup.png

Which brings us to the Harrison family. Kendall Harrison is Lourdes ex-husband. When they divorced, their teenage son Mario decided he wanted to live with his dad. Kendall is doing much better than Lourdes (he's a chef - he originally met Lourdes at work). Kendall is remarried, and his wife, Jamie, has also brought her daughter, Pearl, from a previous relationship to live with them. They also just had twins, Axel and Vienna. Mario has a good relationship with both his sisters, Elena and Camila, but he and Pearl, his step-sister, are constantly fighting.

CGUiMzM.png

If you think that it ends there, buckle up, because it's about to get more intense. This is Yvonne, Lourdes' younger sister. She's a bit wild - she dropped out of school and eloped with Diego Lobo (pre-made sim in San Myshuno), since she was intoxicated by his wealth. Despite all the odds, their relationship has lasted, though Yvonne's mother, Gloria, is very unhappy with Yvonne's decisions and hates Diego.

YdUn7vW.png

Yvonne and Lourdes also have an older brother, Horatio, who's kind of a dead beat. Horatio has recently moved in with Jodi Gallagher, a wealthy widow, who enjoys dating younger men and pays for everything for Horatio. Gloria is also very disappointed in her son and has a strained relationship with him as well. Jodi also has a son, Jackson, who has a role in the next part of this story.

kijbRTY.png

zKg0gq3.png

Now here is where things get even more convoluted and connected. This is Carolina Hale. She is a homeless sim who is erratic, hates children, and struggles with some addictions. Unfortunately, Carolina has had two unexpected pregnancies. The first was from a one night stand she had with Diego Lobo before he married Yvonne, and the second was from a fling she had with Jackson Gallagher, Jodi's son. Her two children, Bradley and Amara, live with Carolina's straight laced sister, Virginia.

0WsaD4C.png

Virginia was living her ideal life as a food critic with her husband Spencer Tanaka, a surgeon, and their two daughters, Chloe and Eliana, but she has welcomed her niece and nephew into her home and embraced a more chaotic life.

NsCA3DH.png

And that's how I like to play the sims lol
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    The Dennys all started from Laitha meeting a homeless Brandi Denny(she's an actual Townie) in the clothing store one day. Laitha inherited her father's fortune(her parents are not in the game), and thus Brandi is well taken care of and never has to work. I went with that story for some time and changed things up when I had a sudden urge to create the first vampire in my world, so I killed off the default vampires. I needed the vampire to be born from human parents, so I relied on the Dark Leylines trait(yes it works). When that happened, I dropped the idea when I built Brandi IV's "Fortress" and give it a historical backstory.

As you can see, I get ideas, bring them in fruition and replace them with something else later.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Do you keep it strictly real life family play?
    I like realism with heavy mods such as fertility and mental illness mods
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't play a storytelling type game I just go with the flow.
    I just make it up as I go along, sometimes I'll set my sims goals to work towards but otherwise I just play each day and see how it goes
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Dark and or Adult themes that can not be mentioned?
    Dark and adult occult themes/material that can't be mentioned or discussed on these boards.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow