Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Kinds Of Stories Do You Make Up?

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I don't play a storytelling type game I just go with the flow.
    I currently have in the same save... The Avengers (non powered, obs) in the EL world fighting grime (or, garbage), A marine biologist in Sulani with mean tendencies who is outgoing (Didn't know if that was gonna work out. Still don't), Two single-parent families in San Myusho who are trying to do the stay at home writer/school thing and the super parent chef/twin/straight A thing (and that one is hard), 3 families in Brindleton Bay that are pure and utter Chaos, and Johnny Zest who has 7 dogs and a lot that is dog friendly so there are about a hundred there at all times. I'm sure there is more...
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I play all the things...Or almost all the things.
    Sandbox player, but I avoid the more mature mods so I play most things. Challenges on a whole I find are too structured with rules which makes an already structure game feel enclosed and restricting.
    โ€œAlthough the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.โ€ โ€“Helen Keller
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Soap Opera/Melodrama/Stories type things?
    BRING IN THE DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now, my current save is a rich widow and her two daughters. The mother was raised in an extremely strict household, and follows all those ideals and is raising her daughters with them. The oldest one, Maya, is rebelling against her mother by sneaking out of the house. Now, her late father was a high-ranking government official, so her mother doesn't want her doing anything that might get them in trouble with the law, but secretly she's been solving the mystery of Strangerville and just needs to recruit some people to help her defeat the Mother. Then, on top of all of this, it turns out that the dead husband/father was from an ancient line of Spellcasters, and that this oldest daughter is one of the most powerful to have been born in over 3000 years, but the mother despises magic and is thinking about disowning her daughter, but she also doesn't know that the very same daughter who is solving the mystery of Strangerville and is a Spellcaster is also lesbian, which she also despises, so as soon as she does find out the oldest daughter is going to be kicked out, and meanwhile the youngest daughter is flunking school and has become far too interested in vampires but hasn't told anyone because she knows what happened between her older sibling and her mother and it is the most beautiful and chaotic thing EVER.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I play family style ( I don't age tho bc I hate when Sims die) but its usually Vampires family style. I will age to a point, only kids but since they're Vampires I can let it feel right with what ages they are.

I do love making stories, I have one of my favorites where I made a Runaway Princess teen. She was at a family Royal Ball when she went outside for some air, and one mysterious guest, she had never seen before followed her out. Before she knew it she was attacked and bitten, after learning what she was becoming she knew she had to leave or be killed ( it was supposed to be older time).

She runs away and hides until its safe to leave to another place far away. She hides the way she looked as a Princess ( dark form) and wears a disguise so she's never recognized ( reg form is vampire form, i did it in reverse) she is paranoid and a loner.

I play so many vampires, I love doing crime boss family meets a Sim he cant forget and she's a thief, so he takes her in pretending to have work for her but secretly works on a plan to keep her for himself, turns her into a vampire.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dark and or Adult themes that can not be mentioned?
    Um.
    It just kinda happened.

Vampires and magic were the gateway drugs.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited September 2020
    I build a lot but also when I actually play my sims I often have families full of dark secrets and evil shady sims + some fantasy and historical inspo where it fits

kind of like how ts2 households were like you expect a cute normal family and then its like

"actually both parents are cheating and our immortal vampire grandma murdered 5 grandpas for fun may they rest in peace in our yard and then theres the kids lovely and evil ready to burn down the house oh wait there is also normal sim poor them existing in this family"

you kno. like that.
    it keeps getting more and more ridiculous everytime until its like oh its 1000 years later grandma is still alive and very hungery time for feast
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'm enjoying reading about all your different interests and gameplay styles, really cool!
    Ooh, on page two you guys decided to open up a bit more. I love it!

@joRN1414 You have lots of fun stuff going on. I've been tempted to do a major pet game but I find them really high demands and hard to manage (like toddlers), I'm not sure I could pull it off. How do you manage? lol
    @DeafSimmer I love your Black Widow Barbie challenge anecdotes!
    I see your link over there, I'll have to pop in and check it out.
    @Scobre I know what you mean, I can't seem to stick strictly to the rules on challenge type things either so I end up sort of warping them a little. I try, I really do but, ya know.
    @nerdfashion I knew you Drama lovin' kids were out there! lol
    You got a very in-depth story going on there, I'm impressed. Secretly solving a mystery and a twisty plot are some of my favorite things!
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I play a drama-filled story and write about it. Things that happen are for example addiction, gangs, cheating and unknown children. One of the next stories I have in mind is going to be historical but I'm not playing that yet so I didn't count it.
    @smurfy77 True confessions: I hate it when my sims die too so I play with aging off.
    That's a really cool take and use of vampires. I really like the crime boss vamp and the thief idea, it sounds like fun!
    @Movotti It goes that way sometimes doesn't it? There's definitely an attractive quality to things dark, dangerous and mysterious.
    @Simmingal I love dark secrets! But she seemed like such a sweet little granny....lol
    @Duvelina Are you working with a more serious, realistic type of storytelling?
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @Catzilla Yes, although someone in the story is a spellcaster but that hasn't come into play yet.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dark and or Adult themes that can not be mentioned?
    @Catzilla
    It's why I'm totally in love with myself B)

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @joRN1414 You have lots of fun stuff going on. I've been tempted to do a major pet game but I find them really high demands and hard to manage (like toddlers), I'm not sure I could pull it off. How do you manage? lol

It gets overwhelming but it is a lot of fun!! pets and kids are a lot of work so I have to be in a certain mood to play those households. I play the Zest household the most out of all the pet/kid households right now because it's fun just to see the place overrun by dogs 24/7 and Johnny just in the middle of it all. My current project is making Sulani green though. So, I'm spending a lot of time there and I think I'm going to make one more couple or friend duo to help out with the environment. I also haven't made any mermaids yet so that's always in the back of my mind. Sulani is taking a LOT of work. Or maybe it's Eco that's work. It's taking a while though.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    It's a bit of everything. There are dramatic households and then ones that are really just happy family play. The drama just kind of happens for some of them. It does not happen all the time or in every household.

I have not played with historic themes yet. I would but definitely in a separate save.

There are a few darker and adult themes, not in all households or at all times, but yes, there definitely are some.

It's kind of a mishmash.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    Do you keep it strictly real life family play?
    I have saves that are movie based, fantasy, and regular career/family orientated games.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    @smurfy77 True confessions: I hate it when my sims die too so I play with aging off.
    That's a really cool take and use of vampires. I really like the crime boss vamp and the thief idea, it sounds like fun!

Thank you so much! When I last played the crime boss, it was Caleb Vatore lol, he married my Sim and I moved Lilith to the city and when they came to visit he painted a picture there and when he was done, on her own while he watched, my Sim stole that painting he did lol. I don't like to make them steal so I can let them take what they want when able, it was so funny bc usually when seen youre caught, but that didn't happen lol.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    The more whacky hijinks the better?
    I play adventures, crime, family life and drama. My game is based around five brindies who grow up in Brindleton Bay. It goes between now and then, with them as grown up and the formative years

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL2obIG52xg&t=116s]Five Brindies[/url]
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    Mostly but not strictly family play. I create a few households of my own, with a loose backstory in mind, and basically go with the flow in letting them mingle with the premades. Currently, one of my main households is led by a power couple (politician and lawyer) who are trying to establish themselves in Willow Creek society. Another one of my main households is a couple of academics who are running a boarding school for teens to prepare them for University.