Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Kinds Of Stories Do You Make Up?

If you're a storyteller type player, what kinds of stories do you make up for your sims?
Or perhaps you play with a specific theme?

Go ahead and tell us about it if you like, new ideas are always fun and inspiring.

What Kinds Of Stories Do You Make Up? 196 votes

Do you keep it strictly real life family play?
10%
Bluefairy286Angel_mixTheSpotted_CasimbsimhaneulDoloresGreyVeeVee294MinaiStrawberryYogurtAgentJuliaaobHopeyStarrpermanentroseWhitedove52355HolidaySeklein112AmTk86SimAlexandrianetney52tinkkx 21 votes
Soap Opera/Melodrama/Stories type things?
9%
alexspoom13SimmervilleHowGreatThouArtColorist40imhappyAlwe1507MoonCrossWarrior22catitude5mustenidreamprisonerLilMsMystic160haisinnerdfashionSimmingalitoldusoDuvelinaNightlyCoffeeGodOfSodaSolsim 19 votes
Recreate favorite TV/Movies?
1%
Ravager619StuStuie 2 votes
The more whacky hijinks the better?
4%
PlayerSinger2010BloosmooWaytoomanyUIDsDoodlyDoofuszephyrsPeralSimmerGeorgeWhatCobblersmightysprite 9 votes
Historical?
1%
Simtown15NorthDakotaGamer 2 votes
Science Fiction or Fantasy?
7%
hihi122122wrenstalesGracieO312Sims4MagicalTalesEnkiSchmidtMDianaSimsQuasiattractorSheepilingthesimmer14Atreya33TTNsimmerGordy[Deleted User]Isharell 14 votes
Dark and or Adult themes that can not be mentioned?
5%
EvvieSimmermercuryfoamJadedJaneMissmagoo2AnnLee87Movottiryttu3kNyteRoseVanPelt81Lief 10 votes
I play all the things...Or almost all the things.
33%
winkeljohn78IceyJBlkBarbiegalMLadyAzzeraIsb917simm621elemmelePaigeisin5cchant86JestTruTorietaydevPlumbobCrossingDaemonPawsBabykittyjadeChampandGirlieDaraviAdria22SailorCetifoxybilly 65 votes
I don't play a storytelling type game I just go with the flow.
23%
Akl500PcrocobauracauatoIdontrcallMaryVannbabajayneZorgaSimQueenie9friendlysimmersSavorySageJeansooRoboSpongieMindofyAquariusMomMissElphebaduhboy2u2spice3Cary1213FinvolaHarukotyan 46 votes
I'm mostly a builder, I build things.
4%
YunaAllearsLizzychicagophantasmkissGirklCeridwenMageKnightEmolgaClousinators 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I don't really play a storyteller type game, I typically go with whatever strikes my fancy and that can include themes like SFF/Occult themes, builds, or specific goals like premade takeovers.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I play based on:
    Historical
    20th Century
    Futuristic
    SiFi
    Fairy Tales
    Shows/Movies Themes
    Builds
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    🙌 All the things! 🙌

I'll admit most of my Sims' stories are pretty bog-standard. But! I do love the occasional occult/wacky story from time to time!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    There should be an option to pick two or more. My stories span across Grimdark, F and SF but not everything.
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    i choose this option cuase most of my sims are serial killers but i zlso do family and occults and stuff
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I was torn between "Soap Opera/Melodrama/Stories" and "Recreate favorite TV/Movies" but then I realised that I do pretty much all of the things listed here :tongue:
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    For the most part I play crime life and intrigues, but always with a scifi or fantastic spin to it.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited September 2020
    Not quite almost all the things.
    I picked strictly family life, but I play with vampires (they have families). :) And no sim is real.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    OTHER. I play an historical game save, set in the 18th century, and my current game save is actually set in the future, (quasi Sci-Fi) as in the 23rd century. In some ways it's all about reaching for dreams, as one of my teen Sims is busy working on his aspiration to be a Rock Star. His younger and only sister will end up marrying Spock of Star Trek fame, his next younger brother will pursue his ambitions to be a top rate surgeon, while the oldest teen will become a judge. All will eventually marry and raise lots of future Cantrells to carry on the family name.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Mostly family play but with a little bit of drama mixed in.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I do a little bit of everything. Whatever I feel like. The one thing which returns every time is a fantasy or scifi element.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    My gameplay is mostly goal oriented mixed in with family play. I have one sim who's doing it all.
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I usually just play in a 'go with the flow' sort of style, but sometimes branch out based off of what has been interesting to me or boring to me lately. Right now I am working on a "perfect sim" and doing the 100 baby challenge with her. It's been an adventure, for sure.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Because I'm on console I do a bit of everything.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Usually I'll just go with whatever the game/sims throw at me at the moment. Other times I have sort of a plan with the whole thing, but I can't always stay with it. Because things happen, and other ideas pops into my head, or I'm just bored with the sims I'm playing. That happens especially with toddlers/children in the house, because I'm so so so sick and tired of the same skills and aspirations YET AGAIN. And I HAVE to complete it all, or the sim just don't feel right to me. So often I end up cheating.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    No storytelling here, I'm all about spur of the moment hijinx
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    My game play is a bit of a Dark Dramady. Depending on family determines how much drama is injected with the comedy and vice versa. Different fantastical things in the realm of SciFi & fantasy are used specifically for this.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I do some bits of story but I mostly let the game do the storytelling me for me and go with it!
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I do play many kind of stories. All of the usually short, for the particular day or the moment. There is a bigger story , of course, but is is not centered around gameplay and , in fact, doesn't rely on it at all. On the contrary - it does influence the gameplay.
    Click the banner if you are interested in a read.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I play multiple stories at the same save. All of my saves occults and fantasy elements but I could play some other type of story from time to time.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I let it go with the flow. Wish there was more consequences as the game is too easy!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    It's a strange mixture of realistic down to earth with
    A parallel universe of occults and a fantasy realm.

The one thing all of my stories have in common is I always use big families, there's always an apocalypse going on and I always exclusively use the same sims in different scenarios.😅

But then I do enjoy my fare share of building and remodeling.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I couldnt settle for just mainly one, although I mostly play dark, adult themed stories. But they have fantasy elements to them along with historical saves that have illegal themes like the prohibition era. So, basically, Im a Jane of all saves and a Queen of none!
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I wouldn't say strictly, but I lean more towards family play.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
    I want to branch out a bit but I usually just play family gameplay.