Nushka wrote: »
I think this should be in Ideas corner or Game feedback
SimAlexandria wrote: »
1)Them to be different from adults, shorter. More like YOUNGER teens than older ones, so take away the ability to woohoo, instead of bf/gf's let them have first crushes, first kisses etc. Make them more like 13-15 year olds instead of 18 year olds, we already have young adults who can do all that stuff.
Make them shorter, not able to wear adult clothes but their own clothing range.
Give them more things to do like youth clubs, babysitting jobs that aren't rabbit holes, more homework assignemtns like universtiy kids get, follow them to school but focus the school on classwork, groups and stuff, keep all the drama/movie type stuff out of it, I want to see them seated at desks rushing to finish their assignments on time before the bell so they hve less homework, getting caught passing notes in class, trying to find their classrooms on the first day, etc. No "Mean Girls" type stuff.
babajayne wrote: »
And this is a little pet peeve but why are they in school until 3pm like children are? I’d like some after school sports or other activities that actually occur “after school”.
Dianesims wrote: »
Teens need improvement!!
What I’d like :
-Rebellious trait : sims not obeying to their parents, acting out, dying their hair a weird color or getting piercings to annoy their parents...
- Sneaking out.
- Parties while the parents are away.
- Slumber parties/sleepovers.
- After school activities.
- Teen furniture. Very few beds we have look like teen beds and they’re almost all single beds, while teens often have double beds. Same for the desks and in general the game furniture looks more old. Also how about polaroids and more stuff like light strings to put on the walls ?
- More teen clothes and hair.
And a HIGH SCHOOL, they don’t even have a proper school building.
Lustianicia wrote: »
The height arguments about teens honestly don't make any sense... because there are actually A LOT of teenagers who are taller than their parents (especially boys). Why do teens have to be shorter by default? Making them have younger looking bodies and faces is one thing... but height? That's not exactly set in stone.
Gordy wrote: »
I want to see some more age-exclusive events to spice things up,and for school to be fleshed out more. Parenthood had the right idea with phases, even if they didn't mean much in the long run.Improved Homework: You can now do homework for a specific subject. Doing math homework will boost your logic skill, doing art homework boosts your painting skill. It's a great way to earn skill points early on.After-School Activities: Meet up with like-minded students and engage in a hobby. Might provide bonuses for future careers or offer University scholarships.
Swimming Club: Twice a week after school, you can go to a hidden lot with your team mates. Practice swimming, work on homework together, chat with others, etc. Every Saturday, there will be a rabbithole competition where you can win trophies.
Sports Teams: Join the soccer club and re-use the basketball, e-sports and soccer assets we already have. Again, we get rabbithole competitions once a week.
Baking Club: Cook/bake a certain recipe, learn techniques to improve a meal's quality, make food for free and bring it home, or make some cash through bake sales.
Chess Club: Self-explanatory, also with rabbithole competitions.
Prom: You get notified a week in advance, so you have time to rent a limo to pick you up (lol), find a date, buy a ticket to prom, and boost your charisma & fitness skills to impress everyone. At prom, you can slow-dance, flirt and dance with your date, socialize with friends, spike the punch bowl, sabotage decorations or musical instruments, hijack the stereo and play rock music, and interrupt couples to flirt with one of them, stirring up a fight.Random Events: When you come home from school, you might be greeted by one of three events
Bullies: A pop-up tells you that a mean sim wants to beat up your sim (this will be a random teen townie with a Mean or Evil trait.) You can do several things that can get them off your back, though if you fail them or don't do anything at all, the bullying will continue for five sim days. You can tell an adult you're close to, who will say that they will call that sim's parents and put an end to it. (65% chance of success.) You can call up the bully, invite him over and beat them up. (80% chance of success if you win, 20% of success if you lose) You can bribe the bully (50% success.) Or you can befriend the bully and make them change their ways. (Chance depends on how high your friendship bar is.)
Crushes: Your sim finds a love note in their locker, which they bring home. Examining it for clues can help you find the sim ala Get to Work's detective career. You can confront sims: if they're not the crush, you get an embarrassed moodlet and lose relationship points with them. But if they are the crush, you can choose to accept or reject them, which will affect your relationship with them
Sad friend: You get a notification that your friend seems down. Invite them over and talk about it. Once they open up, you can decide what they should do to fix their problem. Higher logic/charisma/whatever decides the outcome's chances of success. This can make or break friendships.
Teen Parties: Basically what Sims 3 did.Sneaking Out: You can sneak out at night with friends to party, hang out, commit small pranks, spray-paint the town red, or steal. Avoid police officers and your relatives, as they will punish you and take you home.
Cinebar wrote: »
Teens in TS4 should have been shorter, and smaller frames. We should have been able to know they were teens by their behavior. Teens are immature as a general rule. But not so in TS4. Teens have different wants/wishes than adults as a general rule. Is that stereotyping? I guess so, however, it's still based in facts. As an adult, I don't care about what is trending on Twitter, nor instagram, nor who is dating who but a teen might.
I think back to what I was thinking about as a teen, my appearance, my clothes, my styles, how to fit into school, many things were more embarrassing to teens than adults, because when you look back on it, you have to laugh and wonder why any of us was so concerned with that stuff like what was important at school, and it probably not even bother us today. We would have more of an attitude of, so what.
I don't think they remember what it is to be a teen trying to figure out what you want to do, but drop all those plans for a date, lol, or a phone conversation and or how some of us walked around in a daze because of a crush on someone, and or fretted about something very silly that wouldn't even upset us today.
Nor do I think they can remember how it sometimes was when a teen, not many wanted much to do with younger siblings.
I know my teen siblings thought I was nothing more than a bother they had nothing in common with, and was often shewed out of their rooms. lol They had more important things to do such as what was the newest trend in a teen magazine, or the newest fashion and or what was the latest gossip about one of their friends, or enemies, and or when was the latest homecoming ballgame, who would be there, who they crushed about and or who they despised and or if so and so had said something about them. All very immature. And like in TS2 I did get a few noogies, and ratted out to parents for getting into their stuff.
So, when they think about teens I hope the think about the nuances about them and add more of that stuff rather than a bunch of tasks. I mean think about it, in TS2 teens run to get the phone, adults don't. That's a perfect nuance that makes us know that's a teen rather than an adult even if they were not the same sizes.