This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Found a Church Mod that works

troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
Ok, I have been chomping at the bit that there is no faith in the Sims even though it is in SimCity and Sim Societies. I even tried to code a church lot and minister traits, and it worked ok, but wasn't what I was really going for. So back in October I posted in the Ideas section to create a House of Worship stuff pack that could be customized to any faith
Church-Mod04.png

Today as I was browsing in the mods section of the forum I discovered that a Church mod was created last fall that is pretty nice.
Church-Mod03.png

I just started a church service event, ungoaled, in my game to test it. And I am impressed.
Church-Mod02.png
Church-Mod01.png

I already have a lot that another simmer created and I modified that I use as a church in my game, but now I will do some more redesign so there is a specific space for the Sunday school. Now I'm gonna create some more sims to fill these roles:
  • Worship team - I have a worship leader, but I want a choir
  • Sunday school Teacher

I am so psyched/stoked 🤗
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Even the toddlers come in and sit and listen to the worship leader or whoever is preaching at the pulpit.
    Church-Mod05.png

Church-Mod06.png
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Amazing idea! Love it!
  • Options
    Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    You may want to check out Lumpinou on Modthesim. The mod is called Rambunctious Religions MOD for Sims 4.
    It gives you a more personal religion, but at the same time you can pray and give sermons to other Sims.

• Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I am not even a person who has a belief but that mod looks soooo cool!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Looks creepy.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Thanks @Cookie4sims for posting about the Rambunctious Religions mod. The mod creator put in quite a bit of effort creating 4 different sim religions. I'll look into, make sure it doesn't conflict with the church mod.

Between these two mods lots of sims are interested in faith in the game even if it isn't based on existing faiths. The Sims Team should consider creating a SP or GP to add faith to the game for those of us that want it.
  • Options
    Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    If the mod covers all faith and not just the Christian one...then cool! But religion and faith are absent in the Sims 4 for a good reason! Religion and faith cause division and isolate and demonise certain groups of people.
    @troshalom, don't expect a religious pack this millennium or next
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I think PimpmySims has a cult mod too - make your own religion
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 1,012 Member
    I've noticed a few on MTS, but nothing this elaborate or specific. Cool find! I have one installed in my game, but it's...overwhelmed by the more sinful mods, to be honest. :D
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,605 Member
    I am looking for this mod for a long time and Finally! We have one! Thank you!!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,068 Member
    Definitely something I'm looking into. Thank you!
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I’m not religious or have a spiritual belief, but the mod looks great! I don’t mind having churches, mosques, shrines and various places of worship in my game for the realism and different lifestyles of my sims.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think I need something more sandbox for myself, but great for those that want to use it. Hopefully we get something with a mix between the club and event system for representation. I did share it on discord for others to enjoy.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    If the mod covers all faith and not just the Christian one...then cool! But religion and faith are absent in the Sims 4 for a good reason! Religion and faith cause division and isolate and demonise certain groups of people.

Politics does that too, but that was included in TS4.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2020
    itolduso wrote: »

Yes it'd be cool to have religion in a generic sense in the game without specific irl religions like how they did politics in a generic sense without including specific irl political parties.

I'd like a pretend religion made up specifically for the sims like the Watcher religion from The Sims Medieval. Would be awesome if my sims could worship me :lol: I wonder if there is a mod for this...
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,104 Member
    There is a mod for that. It is rambunctious religions on mod the sims.
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Religion and faith are absent in the Sims 4 for a good reason! Religion and faith cause division and isolate and demonise certain groups of people.

If you have felt isolated or demonised because of an experience with a particular religion, then I am sorry to hear that.

However, you should also realise the good that comes from religion and not dismiss it as problematic so widely.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    itolduso wrote: »

Yes it'd be cool to have religion in a generic sense in the game without specific irl religions like how they did politics in a generic sense without including specific irl political parties.

I'd like a pretend religion made up specifically for the sims like the Watcher religion from The Sims Medieval. Would be awesome if my sims could worship me :lol: I wonder if there is a mod for this...

PimpmySims has a cult mod - where you can be the cult leader
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @troshalom Can you post the link where you downloaded the mod from? The patreon page that I found says the mod is currently broken.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/29767614
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want to keep my eye on this when it's fixed I have the perfect sim for it.
    *This mod is essentially for those of you who want to play as the pastor of a church (whether it is innocent or drama filled is none of my business)* it says.... I know what mine will be!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    There were higher powers in The Sims Medieval also. They fit that game well but I don't want religion pushed on everyone in the Sims 4. I am glad you found a mod to do it for you. I have been looking into the Rambunctious Religions MOD for a while. I decided to try it the other day. It says its updated but the game will not load when I put it in my mods folder. I think it may conflict with another mod that I have.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @IceyJ maybe he/she is fixing it. That notice wasn't there when I downloaded it.
    @MaggieMarley Cookie4Sims posted the name of another religious mod that has 4 made up religions including the watcher religion and folks who are against religion.

And to those who hate religion don't use the mods and don't buy the pack when it comes out.
    Really wish the negative anti-religion folks wouldn't feel so compelled to comment in this post. If it is not for you move along.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    troshalom wrote: »
    IceyJ maybe he/she is fixing it. That notice wasn't there when I downloaded it.
    MaggieMarley Cookie4Sims posted the name of another religious mod that has 4 made up religions including the watcher religion and folks who are against religion.

And to those who hate religion don't use the mods and don't buy the pack when it comes out.
    Really wish the negative anti-religion folks wouldn't feel so compelled to comment in this post. If it is not for you move along.
    I'm religious, just my the way I practice faith wasn't represented, so was hoping for something that offers more of a sandbox experience. There are many religions around the world and many ways people practice them, that's all. So hoping that some Simmers share some other religion mods in this thread. I made sure to share this thread with others since I think it is a good one to have around and to make sure a Guru sees it at least for ideas for representation.

There were some wonderful ideas shared in this thread about a tool like the club system:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/951146/i-think-i-figured-out-how-religion-could-work-in-the-game
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @IceyJ maybe he/she is fixing it. That notice wasn't there when I downloaded it.
    @MaggieMarley Cookie4Sims posted the name of another religious mod that has 4 made up religions including the watcher religion and folks who are against religion.

Yeah, I notice at the bottom of the post it says she'll be adding it to her world religions mod instead of updating it separately. I just wonder how broken it is, since it seems to be working for you.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @Scobre PimpMySims4 is working on a bigger mod with more religions. Check his/her patreon site there is a blog post

Also has a cult mod too
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top