September 24 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

Vampires and Spellcasters on Batuu

So I just bought the star wars game pack and was excited to see how my vampire sim would play out in the Star Wars universe, but when I sent him there His powers were disabled! did ea do that on purpose? Like there isn't even a way to order plasma fruit or drink from other sims... I don't know about you but tbh I AM enjoying this pack somehow but still, did this happen to any of you?

Comments

  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 9 New Member
    I played with all occults on Batuu (except aliens) and all the powers are disabled somehow: mermaids, vampires, spellcasters...even familiars disappear in Batuu! I don't know why they did that but it is kinda annoying cause the pack is really great but the lack of supernatural powers doesn't make me enjoy it as much as I should do
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,021 Member
    I was disappointed about this as well. I was hoping to have my vampire get from A to B today, thanks to his super speed, but no. Of course not. He has to dilly-dally around like everybody else. And naturally his stack of plasma packs are left behind. Yahoo....
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 392 Member
    I like how my spellcaster sims still use brooms to get around.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 2,167 Member
    I got my human sim to have the Wellness 10 skill so that she can teleport. She got into a locked First Order facility to scan the place, fighted with the security sim & won.

    I haven't tested out my Human/Alien Hybrid to go to Batuu. However, I was able to use the
    cheat codes to get her some Batuu stuff.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 455 Member
    edited September 17
    That was one of my biggest disappointment with the pack. They shouldn’t have disabled occult’s powers because they are suppose to have an advantage over a regular sim. It would have also been great for storytelling. How can you create your own story when it’s limiting & punishes you for playing occult?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 2,404 Member
    There’s a mod to allow occult play on Batuu now! :smiley:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 4,551 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    There’s a mod to allow occult play on Batuu now! :smiley:

    Awesome! I hope some Game Changers try it out and post videos of the gameplay. I'd really like to see if the powers disrupt the story progression at all.
  • kostasmpikostasmpi Posts: 146 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Rouensims wrote: »
    There’s a mod to allow occult play on Batuu now! :smiley:

    Awesome! I hope some Game Changers try it out and post videos of the gameplay. I'd really like to see if the powers disrupt the story progression at all.

    I tried that mod. It is awesome. I had a witch and a vampire joining the scoundrels. Their powers were really useful in distracting or neutralizing first order guards, though u cant use them on some guards who are on patrol. Bat form saved me a lot of time when I was trying to infiltrate the first order building. That being said I still got arrested a few times. As far as story progression goes, I think it depends on how you use the magic powers. I mean, if you burn kylo and kill him he wont be replaced because he is unique and also tied to first order missions as an NPC but I didnt do that.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 181 Member
    I think it is good tht they disable those powers on Bacuu. If not it would be any hallenge if I would be allowed to use my spellcaster and my a level scientist on the mision, they would have sailed throuhg it. Now I use a couple of very skilled Sims and it proves to be a challenge. It is much harder then for unskilled sims, so the game adapts, which I think is amazing
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 928 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I think it is good tht they disable those powers on Bacuu. If not it would be any hallenge if I would be allowed to use my spellcaster and my a level scientist on the mision, they would have sailed throuhg it. Now I use a couple of very skilled Sims and it proves to be a challenge. It is much harder then for unskilled sims, so the game adapts, which I think is amazing

    There is never an excuse for limiting how players can play. If someone wants to go in with a max levelled occult and use the powers to their full then they should be able to. Personally I'm using zer0s mod so my occults can still nuke any sims that annoy me.

    I had no problem whatsoever going with human/neutered occult sims that already had levels in useful skills. You may have been the victim of bad luck with that one.
    Origin ID: 3989
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 1,556 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I think it is good tht they disable those powers on Bacuu. If not it would be any hallenge if I would be allowed to use my spellcaster and my a level scientist on the mision, they would have sailed throuhg it. Now I use a couple of very skilled Sims and it proves to be a challenge. It is much harder then for unskilled sims, so the game adapts, which I think is amazing

    For me it feels like it strips away a part of my sims personality by forcing them to be normal sims on batuu. I understand your argument about it being more of a challenge, but I wish they would have let us make the decision whether or not we use powers instead of forcing us to give up part of our supernatural sims identity.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 214 Member
    I'm using ... I'm pretty sure it's zer0's mod as well. I haven't taken a vampire there yet, but I took a maxed-out spellcaster and ... ran into problems because she doesn't have any skill in programming and there's not a spell that'll do computer programming for you. But until I got to that point, being able to transportalate was very handy. I didn't use any offensive spells against the First Order since she was there alone so when it would have been nice to have been able to zap someone she was already doing something, but if I'd taken someone else and they'd been doing the slicing while she worked as the lookout/distraction/bodyguard, that probably would have worked fine.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top