Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aspiration/Trait/Lot Trait Pack--would you buy?

Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
So I knows Sims is always trying to give us CAS and stuff in their expansions which I get, but then we maybe get 1 trait/aspiration/lot trait that is associated with the theme of the new pack. I would personally buy the heck out of a $10 download that included just these items. Like a "Personality Pack." I assume it's a lot easier to program in a few new aspirations and traits then it is to 3D render a bunch of objects and then we wouldn't have to wait for some to slowly come out 1 by one as new expansions are released. I know the new aspirations are normally linked to whatever new game play there is, but there are lots of other aspirations that they could come up with if they just got creative.

I like to play family games and I am so bored with the kid aspirations that I haven't played in a while.

UPDATE: okay, so I get that it should be included in the base game, but they only add 1 or 2 at a time and the wait is long. If they dropped 10 new aspirations 10 new traits and 10 new lot traits maybe a new career or two as a $10 download it would be a way to get a whole mess of new options at one without having to wait for them to reinvent the wheel.
Post edited by Dannakyri1 on

Comments

• sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    No. I've stated before that anything that's already in game that's done poorly doesn't deserve to charge players to improve or fix it. They should have been releasing new Sim/Lot traits with at least every new Game/Expansion pack. The Sims themselves are so lifeless it's mind numbing at times. That's not something I should have to pay to have fixed.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    No. I've stated before that anything that's already in game that's done poorly doesn't deserve to charge players to improve or fix it. They should have been releasing new Sim/Lot traits with at least every new Game/Expansion pack. The Sims themselves are so lifeless it's mind numbing at times. That's not something I should have to pay to have fixed.

I completely agree with you!
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    No. Expansion packs (and game packs, to a lesser degree) should come with new feature and expand gameplay. More aspirations and traits, while needed, wouldn't do that. Even stuff packs come with one or two new features now, which is the only reason I started getting them.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    No. Stuff like this should be free with regular updates.
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    this should be free tbh.....
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I would not buy this
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    No way. I really would like more of them, but they should be included with every pack and they should be patched in for free, retroactively.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Definitely!! I would pay more than $10 for these.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    As plenty of people have said, this really should (and if they did overhaul, would) be free. Despite that, if they did charge for it, I would happily pay if it meant my sims would have individual personalities.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Maaaaybe if we had more than three trait slots to begin with. But yeah, I don't like the theme-specific traits. There's many more I would like that aren't tied to any specific theme.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd need a base game overhaul on traits before adding more meant anything to me they do nothing they truly do nothing to make the Sims feel and play different why would I pay $10 to pretend my Sim has a personality.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    No I wouldn't buy this. And if it did come out at this point in time for a price, would be majorly side-eyeing the devs considering that it would be proof of their awareness of what the game has needed for a long time, and they just want to make more money off of it.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    grassharp wrote: »
    As plenty of people have said, this really should (and if they did overhaul, would) be free. Despite that, if they did charge for it, I would happily pay if it meant my sims would have individual personalities.

They’d be giving us more of the same barely-distinguishable traits that we have now, which wouldn’t fundamentally improve sims’ personalities. Same old 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but more of it.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Massive NO. And I wouldn't want more terrible lot traits patched in for free, cluttering up the menu I use for mostly a few custom ones. The aspirations aren't much better, and it seems Sims 4 doesn't even have the foundation for good "personality" traits, too. That pack might end up worthless and I certainly don't want more Maxis lot traits forced on me (if I play TS4 again).
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    That would just be an insult to players if they charge something that people been asking for since the release of the base game.