Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It all makes sense now...

124...Next

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Batuu is a story driven DLC, it’s not sandbox. There is a clear beginning and end to the story, and the quests seem straightforward enough to not have multiple ways to approach them (this is still Sims 4. All of it’s linear elements play the same). Pretending gameplay overflows outside of Batuu isn’t very convincing to me that it’s a sandbox DLC. The arbitrary restrictions for even playing in that world don’t scream sandbox gameplay to me either.

I agree with you as I compared all the vacation worlds and out of all three only one neighborhood you could not alter is the one from JtB and for me that makes it less of an sand box whereas you can build in the other two. Seeing this as an issue it would have been nice build using templates that EA/Maxis could make to fit that neighborhood and just maybe some may tolerate it. As far I see EA/Maxis really altered the formula and not in an good way Imo and why I feel this pack is not worth $20. But as usual it is to each it own and what you get out of it, For me it is not very much.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    'We Hear You!'

We all have ears yes. We all hear.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    Omaira wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »
    TBH, I don't mind, and I think I know about it ever since the announcement. It's part of their marketing strategy. It would be so nice to have new Simmers too. I'm pretty sure each one of us started somewhere too, right?

Besides, they've done the community pack with the Knitting Stuff, so, why can't they expand their target market now?

I personally like this pack and bought it yesterday. Yes, this pack is not for everyone, but, there's still a few Simmers are enjoying the pack.
    If they weren’t “Simmers” before, they’re not now. I don’t want a bunch of new players attracted to this game who are going to request or expect more packs like this one. It’s not within the life simulation genre. And it’s not even done well, from what I’ve seen!

The Sims 3 was the first sims game I ever played and owned. In fact, I only began playing it when it was well in its 3rd year of development.
    Didn't the sims 3 receive a lot of backlash back in the days? Even so, I didn't know about it all those years ago. I bought many packs (on sale) because I really enjoyed it.

But I wasn't a simmer before, so does this mean I wasn't a simmer then? Does it mean I'm not a simmer now? What does being a 'simmer' mean? Can you be a 'simmer' before you buy sims 3, but not after? Can you be a 'simmer' before you buy JtB, but not after?

I did buy the pack (cause me really likes). Does this make me now less of a 'simmer' than someone who did not buy the pack?
    I'm actually interested what folks think about that.

What makes you a simmer, like me and everyone else that plays this game, is actually playing the game (and for that you have to buy it) so yes you are a simmer, and calling names to simmers who buy packs because they genuinely like them SHOULD NOT be done by ANYONE, trust me, we all know it's OUT OF ORDER.
    Now, the community is NOT TOXIC, is just angry, and so a few don't seem to be controlling that emotion very well.
    I myself am angry, but I realize that it goes further than any pack they release, it goes to their lack of interest in sorting issues like bugs, and babies and other things and in adding insult to injury by destroying the game I REALLY LOVE.
    New simmers? yes, but respect this game, as it was created, this was never about being a game for online play, mini transactions and picture pretty worlds, game play lacking etc. It was and we want it to continue to be: A LIFE SIMULATION GAME. EAXIS can create another game for that other market.
    I also started with the sims 3, and yes bugs were rampant, and I had my say on the forums from time to time, life for the sims 3 is hard too, some Worlds and things were never fixed, I play it with NRaas Mods, I am not so sure I would otherwise.
    The sims 3 emotions were worse than the Sims 2 and the sims 4 are worse than the sims 3, time to stop this farce. We want sims with emotions, reactions and consequences, bug free and ideally Mod free, unless required for specific game play.
    I am s Simmer and so are you. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We should all be in this together.
    Amen. Sims franchise did stray away from sandbox since Sims 3 days. World Adventures was a very story driven pack and many of the locations could not be unlocked without cheats or progressing further in the game. Even since Will Wright left the direction of the franchise strayed away. Mortality is a hard concept for some to grasp and even Will Wright has grown as a person and grown closer to RPG with his newest MMO app. Only thing constant in life is change and one day Simmers will replace us because of mortality.

Then again a lot of the Gurus did come from MySims and Sims Medieval, so makes sense which is why I don't know why Simmers are so intent on getting rid of the Veteran SimGurus prior to those games like SimGuruLyndsay who actually started a trend of packs for sandbox play and family players again. There is a lot of self-destructive thinking that happens with regards to the franchise and its future which never made sense to me. Sims competition needs to come soon.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020
    Well I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more story-driven RPG type of gameplay in TS4 and probably TS5 too.

SimGuruMrE, who is a Game Designer on TS4, has an extensive background in MMOs, quests and adventure games according to his LinkedIn profile.
    I enjoy creating new worlds, characters, and concept ideas for new games.

I have a strong skill set in:
    - Design Documentation
    - Story and level design for single player adventures
    - Content Design for MMO style open world games
    - Systems design and implementation from concept to ship
    - Scripted Logic for state based quests
    - Dialogue tree scripted logic and game design
    - Designing game systems to fit Social and markets current trends
    - Level/World Editing Software (Unreal)

https://linkedin.com/in/joel-eckert-b501a712/

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Well I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more story-driven RPG type of gameplay in TS4 and probably TS5 too.

SimGuruMrE, who is a Game Designer on TS4, has an extensive background in MMOs, quests and adventure games according to his LinkedIn profile.
    I enjoy creating new worlds, characters, and concept ideas for new games.

I have a strong skill set in:
    - Design Documentation
    - Story and level design for single player adventures
    - Content Design for MMO style open world games
    - Systems design and implementation from concept to ship
    - Scripted Logic for state based quests
    - Dialogue tree scripted logic and game design
    - Designing game systems to fit Social and markets current trends
    - Level/World Editing Software (Unreal)

https://linkedin.com/in/joel-eckert-b501a712/

JGYSRXf.gif?width=419&name=JGYSRXf.gif