It shocks me to read a post of EA/Maxis saying that they are listening to simmers. I'm sorry, but you are NOT.
Simmers, have been asking for cars, babies, farms, romantic interactions, more depth in content, more daily actions and activities and you... you just release something that nobody asked for and now, seeing the forums and votes from simmers, it seems the pack is a dissaster that very few people likes. What were you thinking?
In this iteration of the franchise I can see tons of wrong decisions, one after another. From day one of this game people said that The Sims should not be an online game, ever. What did you do? Start the coding for an online game. Uproar came on forums and quickly you tried to change the game into... this... kind of... ¿life simulation game? Wrong choice, you clearly didn't listen.
People have been asking for more customization. We want to controll our game and feel free to customize as much as possible. What did you do? No Create a World, No Create a Style, restrictions everywhere, no custom apartments... Wrong choice, you clearly didn't listen.
A huge number of different packs were released and the people complained about the poor quality of the packs giving precise reasons of why the game will not improve until you fix some features in the base game. More objects WILL NOT improve this game. What are you doing? Releasing more and more stuff with zero replayability, lots of bugs and lacking of depth and integration with other packs. Wrong choice, you clearly are not listening.
People is complaining about the game being so childish and boring. The game lost the irony and black humour. The game lost its dark side: graveyards and burglars amongs other things. Interactions are way to childish or femenine. There's no challenge in anything. You just reach the top of the career easily, earn lots of money... Sims are almost invincible, they will never die even if you try hard to kill them. Nothing bad happens in the game. What are you doing about it? Nothing. Wrong choice, you clearly are not listening.
Many simmers are talking about how the game could improve a little bit adding:
- Emotion system should be reworked. More tratis.
- Add wants and fears, favourite music, colour and music.
- Fixing all existing bugs.
- Improving some interactions completely broken at the moment like sims not siting during dinner or watching a film, amongst many others.
- Story progression, family tree, more family interactions and awareness of grandparents...
- An extension of San Myshuno with apartments that can be customized some way. Maybe adding shells... Add the posibility of creating our own apartments.
I know you want to do new things. There is really a huge amount of things that have never been done yet and I'm sure people will like it:
- A romance pack: attraction system, slow dance, dating v2.0, have a walk together hand by hand...
- Winter actitivies with a big world like Norway with at least 15 lots. Activities that can be replayed in other worlds as well.
- Farm pack.
- Cars: it can be done. When your sim wants to travel just make the sim get to a car and leave the neighbourhood. Simple. New skill: car repairing, new job: car fixer, new lot type: garage.
There are lots and lots and lots of things that can be done, but you just decided to look the other way and release something like... this pack and say that the next EP will not have babies, cars or anything people is asking for. Wrong choice. You are not listening.
So, we came to this situation where there are lots of simmers leaving the franchise and posting sad and negative reviews of this game. I really don't know if you don't care, you just simply look the other way... Don't you see that many people is posting eagerly about other future games like this? Don't you see that you are loosing your fan base? You just have to enter youtube to see loads of youtubers complaining about this game. Some of them even stopped reviewing the packs. Really? Can't you see it? I can't possibly believe you are doing this to this game. I suggest you just stop doing whatever you are doing and think about this. This is NOT going in the right direction.
But you know what? I feel very tired of posting this kind of comments trying in any possible way to make you understand that this is not the way. Don't take this post like a rant, I really, really, really love The Sims, but not TS4. I'm trying to be constructive giving feedback from what I read on forums, youtube, and my friends opinions, but enough is enough. I quit.
Enjoy your game.