Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you buy it

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I've been a fan of the Star Wars series for years. My kids were fans and had just about every action figure, game, costume, movie, even a couple of lunchboxes/backpacks, every spaceship, posters.....we were one obsessed family. So the fact this GP was about having a Star Wars experience in the Sims, made me a bit sad. Because it would be all about the visuals. Star Wars is all about the struggle for control of the galaxy, and there is no way to properly represent that in the Sims4 where conflict of any kind is frowned upon. Nope, not going to buy it. Ever. There are too many other Star Wars games to play that give me a true Star Wars experience that is way more satisfying than trying to recreate it in a Sims game.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Has anybody bought it and regret the purchase? Just curious.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Nope I will not buy this one. Honestly as someone who owns everything Sims 1-4, it was never about completing the collection, I simply found value in it all. Seeing as this game is going to continue on for much longer than the others, I’m going to be very selective and save my hard drive space only for packs I will use often. I’m not a Star Wars fan at all, so I feel that it isn’t worth purchasing something I know I’d only play through once.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Nope.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Yes and I am really enjoying it!
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I bought it, but I had an Amazon Gift Card, which was gifted by a friend. Otherwise, I would definitely wait for a sale. I won't be able to play it in detail until October or November, because my laptop died and I'm in the process of buying a new one (and work is always in the way, what else is new).

But from what I've seen, the gameplay is as swallow as a toddler pool. I bought it for the CAS and B/B Mode objects, because they will fit perfectly to a sci-fi lover Sim in one of my save files.
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Yes. As soon as Shine is done with the resistance side, I'm going to never go to Batuu again. And quite frankly, Roddy would like to get back to knitting again.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Bought it, been enjoying it. I mean, my Sim has a Lightsaber.....this is what I've been waiting for right here.
    oRDWLaM.png
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Nope will not buy just don't see how it fits into a sims sandbox game at all..this is the first pack I have ever not bought but i am sure there may be many more in my future-)
    windweaver wrote: »
    Nope, the 2nd Sims pack ever that I didn't buy. That includes the original The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and the Sims 4. The other one I didn't buy was the knitting pack. And now I see that they are doing a murder mystery? Nope, to me the sims have lost their way. They need to get back to their original design...SIMULATION of Life.

I agree with your comments but am curious regards your comment on a Murder Mystery pack? is this the 10th pack everyone keeps talking about?
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have not gotten this one. Sometimes I get packs later or even way later. No current plans for this specific one.

I'm not taking anything personally about it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    No, I haven't bought it yet. I like some of the features, but not enough to get it at full price. Maybe in the future, but I don't know. It just doesn't fit with my play style, it is to removed from the rest of the Sims world for me. I probably would have been more into it as a stand alone pack.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yup - I love it! having so much fun in Batuu - especially like confronting bucketheads and annoying Kylo and his minions! Kylo has used the force on my sim so many times that she should be immune!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes. I've completed the first mission and on to the next. Nice to have a change as the game was getting very dull. The CAS and build/buy will be very useful.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I brought it and after playing around for a few hours, I wanted my money back. :( CAS is okay, BB is also. The gameplay lacked a lot. I had to cheat rank just to start getting into missions. :(
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Nope :) Never will.
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    so many people saying they will not buy star wars pack but did you buy it anyways just curious i have not bought it

I have not bought it. Great post, actually. it's good to call people out.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I haven't bought it yet, but will most likely eventually(probably will bundle with the Knitting pack and the next EP). I want to see more bug fixes for Eco Lifestyle before I'll buy anything Sims related.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Bought it, been enjoying it. I mean, my Sim has a Lightsaber.....this is what I've been waiting for right here.
    oRDWLaM.png

can't wait for this B)

do the guards carry guns?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Nope will not buy just don't see how it fits into a sims sandbox game at all..this is the first pack I have ever not bought but i am sure there may be many more in my future-)
    windweaver wrote: »
    Nope, the 2nd Sims pack ever that I didn't buy. That includes the original The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and the Sims 4. The other one I didn't buy was the knitting pack. And now I see that they are doing a murder mystery? Nope, to me the sims have lost their way. They need to get back to their original design...SIMULATION of Life.

I agree with your comments but am curious regards your comment on a Murder Mystery pack? is this the 10th pack everyone keeps talking about?
    That was a fake pack made up by someone, it was floating around twitter for a few days.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Nope... I’ve been simming since the original The Sims was released in 2000 (I’m old).
    This Star Wars GP is the first add-on that I haven’t purchased and don’t plan to since the franchise’s start. Before someone asks, yes I also own Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats SP; however, it was a gift from my boyfriend. He was excited about surprising me with it, that of course I had to accept it happily. :D
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Nope and never will.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I will be buying it if only just to spite everyone who hates it, as I did with My First Pet. That ended up being my favorite stuff pack anyway so I might actually like this pack as well.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Nope. Not paying for an ad for a theme park centered around a franchise in which I have less and less interest with each attempt it makes to creep into a new cranny of my life.