Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In it for the Clothes....

Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
So I'm not so excited about the new game pack from a game play standpoint, but I think it's my favorite clothing options to date. Sort of want to just buy it to fill my neighborhood up with space hipsters. Anyone else thinking of buying if just for the CAS or is is just me?

updated to add: I never pay pull price for anything sims related so this would for sure be a deep discount purchase. I normally wait for that sweet sweet time of year when things are 50% off.
Post edited by Dannakyri1 on

Comments

• Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I would suggest purchasing the pack when it goes on sale. I’d never pay full price for the clothing at this point to avoid giving them desirable feedback of the pack.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2020
    No, I doubt the CAS would be redeemable for me because I’m not into making “space hipsters” lol but I am curious about the BB items. I want items I can use in regular homes for other worlds. And I also wanna know if this is a pack where you can totally avoid the Star Wars mentions and enjoy the pack without ever taking your Sim to Batuu or if it’s really unavoidable.

For example, with the StrangerVille pack, you could largely avoid completing the story mission and still enjoy the pack without being annoyed by the game automatically reminding you to do it or forcing things on you. I wanna know if it’s like that with the Star Wars pack too.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Space Hipsters! LOL.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    No, I doubt the CAS would be redeemable for me because I’m not into making “space hipsters” lol but I am curious about the BB items. I want items I can use in regular homes for other worlds. And I also wanna know if this is a pack where you can totally avoid the Star Wars mentions and enjoy the pack without ever taking your Sim to Batuu or if it’s really unavoidable.

For example, with the StrangerVille pack, you could largely avoid completing the story mission and still enjoy the pack without being annoyed by the game automatically reminding you to do it or forcing things on you. I wanna know if it’s like that with the Star Wars pack too.

I heard that sometimes your sim gets a call inviting him to visit Batuu, and I saw in another thread a picture of Judith Ward casually strolling about a regular neighborhood wearing an alien mask.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    So I'm not so excited about the new game pack from a game play standpoint, but I think it's may favorite clothing options do date. Sort of want to just to fill my neighborhood up with space hipsters. Anyone else thinking of buying if just for the CAS or is is jut me?

Th clothes selection feels a bit monotone to me, with washed out colours.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Usually when a pack comes out that I'm not interested in the theme I will buy it anyway for the CAS items but not this time. There is literally nothing at all redeeming about this pack that would make me want to buy it. :D It's nice that you found something worth while in it though.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I am not personally interested in the Start Wars pack, but I got the Laundry pack for the stuff, not the gameplay, so I understand. There's not a lot of stuff in it though, so I agree that waiting for a sale is a good idea. At least then you won't feel like you paid for features you're not using.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    So I'm not so excited about the new game pack from a game play standpoint, but I think it's may favorite clothing options do date. Sort of want to just to fill my neighborhood up with space hipsters. Anyone else thinking of buying if just for the CAS or is is jut me?

Th clothes selection feels a bit monotone to me, with washed out colours.

I think that's what I like about them. I am normally into bright colors and fun patterns but the faded linen look is really speaking to me.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    wait for cc makers. we already got the hair pulled from the game to download as CC. im not paying money for that stuff.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited September 2020
    Nope. None of the CAS or build/buy even looks like items I would ever use. This is just another pack to skip.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    I don't plan to get the pack before its in bigbig sale and i have nothing else left to want but i mean it does have couple items I really like for other uses than star wars

like some outfits are good for faux historical peasant wear and the build items for industrial concepts and kids rooms

but aside from that its kinda eh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have been a Star Wars fan since the first movie was in the theatres waaaay back when, so feel the tug, but this is a skip. It's an idea that belongs in a stand alone game on the idea of Sims Medieval, not blended into the main series where it's an oversized square peg being forced into a round hole.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Nope no desire to see anything in this pack in my game I'd buy My First Pet before this and I'm not buying it either.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm more interested in the BB because I have one or two other saves (in addition to my SW save) where it'll fit. I do like building post-acpocalyptic settings, and laboratory and spaceship interiors, things like that.

The CAS I don't love. There's some good pieces (and I think the male items are looking better than the female ones for once), but a lot of them seem like variations of the same thing with just a couple of detailes changed. I would have liked more of a balance between space hipster and some, idk, Naboo high fashion lol. At least there's half of a cloak hood thingy, I've been wanting cloaks since Realm of Magic and it doesn't look like I'm getting any lol. It all does look really nicely done, very detailed.

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    wait for cc makers. we already got the hair pulled from the game to download as CC. im not paying money for that stuff.
    Oh dang, really? Because I was feeling the hair with dye.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited September 2020
    It has a few nice cas items to me and I consider to buy it on a sale someday, but 20 € are too much for a handful items right now.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    There are a few things I liked from CAS, but not enough to justify the price when I don't even like Star Wars. If it went on sale, then I might consider it but idk.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    Only desirable thing for myself was the hairstyles. Besides that, zilch.
    37mfj.png
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    YES! I already have Darth Vader, Leia, Luke, Yoda, Boba, Aayla and Darth Maul on my rotational and I would love to put more SW based characters throughout my heighborhoods <3 To be honest, not my cup of tea the missions system (it wasn't either when TS3 WA released), but clothes and build items?? gimme gimme more haha
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited September 2020

"space hipsters" haha :)

I think what is sad these days is when packs come out and most reviewers/players are mainly talking about buying because of cas or other new objects and good game-play barley gets a mention anymore..

I like strangerville but I only completed the story mission once then backtracked and left the world in it's original state so i can play more of apocalyptic game when i feel like it and while I was never going to buy star wars in sims anyway I was hoping that the players looking forward to it got more of a usable world/game play than they appear to have got. Plus it appears yet more bugs have been created if reading a few forum threads is anything to go by and I had enough of that with Eco living which totally destroyed my game. I dare not even play in an eco world in my game in case I do something inadvertently and set all the madness off again lol
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Oh dang, really? Because I was feeling the hair with dye.

yes here ya go!

https://simandy.tumblr.com/post/628700780702171136/meatballteeth-star-wars-made-bgc-the-pack-that
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Honestly I was so against this pack from the beginning that I shouted I’d never buy. Then I saw bb and CAS items and decided I’ll buy on sale.

I’m mad about that. I have no self control. :(
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I have the pack and I'll say right now that I absolutely love the CAS. (Full disclosure, I'm not into trendy fashions or even "normal" clothing for my game.) Most of the clothes are in nice, neutral, muted tones with layers. The detail is really beautiful and there's a lot of it for a GP.

Since you seem like you also want a little "extra" in your Sims' wardrobes, I'd like to point out that many of the SW styles have great potential for Apocalyptic, cultists, desert dwellers, hippies, burning man, convent, pilot, Halloween, and Sim Aliens.

Also note that there are a few fashions for kids and toddlers as well. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

"space hipsters" haha :)

I think what is sad these days is when packs come out and most reviewers/players are mainly talking about buying because of cas or other new objects and good game-play barley gets a mention anymore..

I agree with this. I saw someone say they are buying it for the plants. And that’s their call, their money but I think it sends the wrong message to the dev team.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I have to admit I looked for items that I might want in my game, but sadly, even the clothing did nothing for me. I do have a game save set into the future, too. But, alas, this is my fifth pack I'm not going to purchase.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/