Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you recommend buying the Journey to Batuu Game Pack?

1235...Next

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Yes! I'm really enjoying it.
    For me it was a very nice suprise, it has become a challenge. First I sent in a couple of unskilled Sims while my primary Sims celebrated new years. It was a very nice challenged for my unskilled Sims, then I sent in an A-team pair of Sims and discovered that the challenges suddenly became so more difficult. I understand why they don't allowe Vampires, Magicians and top scientist to use their stuff in the game, they would sail through it. Now it has become a challenge
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    @LiELF what a nice break down 👏👏👏👏
    I 😂😂 @ spending a whole year in Batu
    I'm very intrigued by the NPC behavior you spoke of. I was always a bit bothered by NPCs who act like any other sim and pop up in the oddest places.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I'm very intrigued by the NPC behavior you spoke of. I was always a bit bothered by NPCs who act like any other sim and pop up in the oddest places.

@Babykittyjade Thank you! Haha! My Sims are still there and another season has started! :D

Yeah, the NPC interactions are interesting. I'm still not a high ranking Scoundrel or Resistance member, but I'm getting about mid-range. Some of the missions will spawn a specific NPC who you have to find and interact with and do certain things to get something from them. Sometimes conversation and interaction options change, especially if you start getting reputation with certain factions. Even your droid will sometimes have a preferred alliance and will argue with you or throw an attitude if you try to talk up the opposing side, lol.

But like I said, it can be subtle. You're not going to be stopped in an alley and challenged to a lightsaber duel (unfortunately) but there are some autonomous behaviors that come into play as you move through the story missions.

It's pretty cool because it's kind of its own separate story progression system that doesn't invade your regular Sims. Instead, it revolves strictly around Batuu and the Sim that you advance with. I'm not sure how it plays out if you send multiple households there, but that's what I'm going to experiment with next. I'm curious to see what happens if I leave some Sims in Batuu in the middle of their story, and I switch to another household and go there, if I will see the others walking around.
    #Team Occult
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

@Babykittyjade Thank you! Haha! My Sims are still there and another season has started! :D

Yeah, the NPC interactions are interesting. I'm still not a high ranking Scoundrel or Resistance member, but I'm getting about mid-range. Some of the missions will spawn a specific NPC who you have to find and interact with and do certain things to get something from them. Sometimes conversation and interaction options change, especially if you start getting reputation with certain factions. Even your droid will sometimes have a preferred alliance and will argue with you or throw an attitude if you try to talk up the opposing side, lol.

But like I said, it can be subtle. You're not going to be stopped in an alley and challenged to a lightsaber duel (unfortunately) but there are some autonomous behaviors that come into play as you move through the story missions.

It's pretty cool because it's kind of its own separate story progression system that doesn't invade your regular Sims. Instead, it revolves strictly around Batuu and the Sim that you advance with. I'm not sure how it plays out if you send multiple households there, but that's what I'm going to experiment with next. I'm curious to see what happens if I leave some Sims in Batuu in the middle of their story, and I switch to another household and go there, if I will see the others walking around.

I have not played any missions but autonomous behaviors in Batuu are definitely true. Pleasantly surprised.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Batuu works well with Get to Work objects,
    Strangerville objects/build modes,
    Realm of Magic decor &
    Spa Day Wellness 10 skill.

I agree.
    also, the content goes well with movie sets, for me.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    No! I do not recommend it.
    no..but if your gonna get it please get it when it goes on sale...*butireallywouldngetitsaveyourmoneybutthat'sjustmyopinon.*
    giphy.gif