Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... Is Eco Lifestyle safe now?

WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
So with the release on Eco Lifestyle on consoles, it was shown to be a little (*snickers*) buggy and so I and I'm sure many others have been trying to avoid it. However, there have been some patches released here and there, and so I was wondering if this pack is now safe to purchase on xbox or should we continue to avoid it?

EDIT: I hope this isn't considered Necromancy, I just figured that since there have been a lot of patches that I would inquire once more if Eco Lifestyle is safe to use on xbox or not.
I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
Post edited by Werescythe on

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Bugs they are working on so nope still buggy:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Still fairly buggy unfortunately. The worst bugs involve the Neighborhood Action Plans and they haven’t really been addressed yet. If you are on console I’d say avoid for sure as I have mods that stop some of the issues.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Still fairly buggy unfortunately. The worst bugs involve the Neighborhood Action Plans and they haven’t really been addressed yet. If you are on console I’d say avoid for sure as I have mods that stop some of the issues.
    What If I don’t use the NAPs? I really just want the pack for the hairstyles and will wait for when it’s atleast 50% off, but do they happen In other worlds beside the one in the pack? Sorry if it’s a weird question😭
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    What If I don’t use the NAPs? I really just want the pack for the hairstyles and will wait for when it’s atleast 50% off, but do they happen In other worlds beside the one in the pack? Sorry if it’s a weird question😭

I know there's an option to turn of NAPs, so it should be okay. I'm not sure though, I don't own Eco Lifestyle, so you might want to ask around a little more.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    About as safe as going outside without a mask and licking shop door handles.

Lol
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    Nope. 3 months later the biggest bugs are still there, only way of fixing it is with mods so I wouldn't recommend at all for console.

I know there's an option to turn of NAPs, so it should be okay. I'm not sure though, I don't own Eco Lifestyle, so you might want to ask around a little more.

It doesn't turn them off, it just stops new ones being added. If you turned it off instantly in settings there wouldn't be any NAPs enacted so you could avoid the bugs but I'm not sure. The issues might still happen as it doesn't seem to matter if they're enacted or not a lot of the time
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited September 2020
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980315/your-friendly-neighborhood-n-a-p-guide#latest

I turn the stuff off and don't have a problem in my game.

ETA: if you want to play everything though, then best to wait :D

I start with a new game, create a sim, then it takes you to the worlds screen (to pick out where you want your sim to live). BEFORE picking a house/lot...I go to the upper right corner and open the options and disable all the naps and stuff then move my sim in, so nothing is activated now. You will still get notifications ex: Voting is now closed, etc but just ignore that. Those are not activated at all, since it was disabled.

Now if you go into the game first, it may have activated some....I just don't take that chance.

If you are in an old save game, then you can disable them to not activate anymore. But the ones that are activated, remains...unless you appeal them or use the cheat.
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    So many bugs I have my pack disabled, really annoyed too because I really wanted to play it
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Many mods are required
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Oddly.. no. My sims spawn a million future cubes and clay. I play rotation style. Maybe it doesn’t happen when you keep with one family.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    I still couldn’t play if I wanted to. The clay and future cubes are ruining my (sim) life.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I hope this isn't considered Necromancy, I just figured that since there have been a lot of patches that I would inquire once more if Eco Lifestyle is safe to use on xbox or not.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    In my experience, I think it has a lot to do with plants reverting to dirt piles. I can have plants that stay grown but drop to dirt piles when the eco environment changes.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    In my experience, I think it has a lot to do with plants reverting to dirt piles. I can have plants that stay grown but drop to dirt piles when the eco environment changes.

Interesting... I didn't know that this gardening bug was connected to the eco footprint... Maybe disabling it may work...? I'm always cheating my neighbourhood's eco-footprints anyway. But the gardening bug is really game breaking...
    texxx78 wrote: »

Interesting... I didn't know that this gardening bug was connected to the eco footprint... Maybe disabling it may work...? I'm always cheating my neighbourhood's eco-footprints anyway. But the gardening bug is really game breaking...

I feel it is a game breaking bug too. I hope they figure it out and fix it soon.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm pretty sure NAPs are still broken. Sims constantly spawning limitless future cubes and lumps of clay, constantly baking white cake, and stealing everything in sight.
    And from what I heard, the Eco Meter is still broken. It still reverts to neutral all the time.

I think some patches claim to have fixed these issues, but I still hear complaints about these issues.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I was mostly wondering because I've seen some pretty cool items in the gallery, and while they might be cool for the setting that I'm going for in my game, they all use this pack for some reason.

It should probably be noted that I don't usually do gardening with my sims (though maybe I should considering the whole blood fruit plant thing for my vamp characters).
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited May 2021
    I hope these bugs are fixed soon. Gardening is important to my sims.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    If we ever get a farming pack they ought to fix gardening, obviously.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited May 2021
    I've been playing Eco Lifestyle mod free since the release and in that sense I would say it's safe/playable. There are bugs in the game yes and some of them are connected to EL. I have not regretted getting it, but of course it depends on the person and what their tolerance is. I'd still say get it if you're interested, it's probably not as bad as you fear.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

I think there must be something more fundamental at the root of the problem, possibly something introduced into base game code when Eco Lifestyle released. I don't even have EL yet, but I do get the occasional dirt piles. It's quite possible that the environment changes do trigger it, but there must be other things as well.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    VeeDub wrote: »

I think there must be something more fundamental at the root of the problem, possibly something introduced into base game code when Eco Lifestyle released. I don't even have EL yet, but I do get the occasional dirt piles. It's quite possible that the environment changes do trigger it, but there must be other things as well.

Unfortunately for me in (most of) my games when the eco environment goes from neutral to green then back to neutral and continues between the two environments every 2 to 3 in game days. My plants will grow and drop to dirt pile so often that I can't get a harvest from them. And then in some games, (very few) they grow fine and don't drop to dirt piles.

I always only have 1 save and start a new game when I've built on the 15X20 lots in newcrest and tested them. I play a sim and save them with their skills every game, so they start skills at level 0 but I play that sim in new games leveling their skills from the last skill levels they was saved. So new sims start at no skill levels and the next game they can have level 5 skills at the start of a new game. But I don't think many if any people play their sims like that, so I don't think that could be what causes the bug.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Some of my gardens goes back to dirt. It's so annoying. :'(
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    VeeDub wrote: »

Unfortunately for me in (most of) my games when the eco environment goes from neutral to green then back to neutral and continues between the two environments every 2 to 3 in game days. My plants will grow and drop to dirt pile so often that I can't get a harvest from them. And then in some games, (very few) they grow fine and don't drop to dirt piles.

Have you tried disabling the eco footprint in the options menu? What happens? I'll try that as soon as it makes sense but atm i'm not playing any gardener..