Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Objects Disappearing, Fake Bad News, Future Cube..Out of control

I haven't surfed the community forums much, so apologies if this is repetitive, has anyone else had tons of game play issues with TS4? I first noticed it when they re-introduced toddlers. The game play is so bad as far as parents interacting with the toddlers (constantly interrupting commands, picking up out of high chair before feeding them, etc.) I eventually got so frustrated I just started taking care of them by controlling toddlers myself lol. It's definitely not as enjoyable as previous versions, and as a family oriented person in real life, I miss those cute family interactions with my sims.

Anyway I also noticed after installing university, there are a ton of...I guess bugs? I don't even know what you would call them. Sims with computers on the lot don't want to do anything else besides practice programming, regardless of their traits/aspirations. I finally just sold the computers in the homes. They are constantly giving each other bad news, and the dumb future cubes keep spawning in their inventory. It was nice to have extra cash by selling the 25+ that would show up, but it gets annoying when they keep getting sad from the bad predictions. It used to just be the active sim but now it seems to be everyone...

Then probably the most annoying thing of all, objects randomly vanishing from lots. I want to say that this only seems to happen with lots I've downloaded from the gallery, but I never use ones with mod objects.

Sorry this turned more into more of a rant, but as a long-time fan (I'm talking since I was 13 when the first one was released), I'm actually really disappointed in TS4. There have always been bugs and glitches throughout the sims legacy, but none that make me want to uninstall it and I'm kind of getting to that point.

I guess my real hope in this post is that someone knows of a fix for these issues, and if there isn't one, Maxis will take care of it sooner rather than later.

Comments