Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roofs suddenly glitching out?(fixed)

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
Screenshot-3.jpg
I loaded my save today, and all the roofs in the save have these gaps in them.
I haven't uninstalled or installed anything new.I seemed to narrow it down to just this world.
I tried a new save in the same world and samething happened.My other save in other worlds don't seem to be affected.
What could be causing this?

Here's my Dxdiag:https://pastebin.pl/view/41c0faea

I do have mods, but nothing that should affect roofing.Mostly NRAAS and recipe mods.
No Custom furniture.

I tried;
-Rebooting game.
-Clearing game's cache and world cache/
-Starting in a new save in the same world
-Other worlds are not affected.
-Reinstalled the world.

Edit: I'm currently trying a fresh Sims 3 folder.With just the world installed, no mods.
But the world is taking forever to load.
Post edited by GraceyManor on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    So now, I tested it in a fresh Sims 3 folder, with no mods, no CC, just the world.

Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    Starting to worry now about computer.This is brand new computer, less than a week old.
    So I'd like to know what others think.If something's wrong I'm packing it up.
  • Options
    So just to try something else, I moved my game folder to my old gaming laptop and to my nephew's gaming laptop and both give the same issue...
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Does it help to remove the roof and place a new one? Since only the one world is affected, it's possible the creator did something when building the roofs that isn't working out. Are there items under those roofs, or perhaps cc roof decorations? Glitched roof cc might account for the gaps.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Its so weird though, they were working fine, then suddenly upon loading last night the roofs were all messed up.
    I don't think there's any items under them, not that I see.I know this user doesn't use CC.

Edit: I just remembered before this happened I had used MC to open one of the lots to see inside.
    Not sure that had done anything, but it shouldn't have affected all copies of the world and on multiple comps.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    Apparently the roofing was made to look like this.XD
    Anyways, that issue solved.lol
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    I loaded my save today, and all the roofs in the save have these gaps in them.
    I haven't uninstalled or installed anything new.I seemed to narrow it down to just this world.
    I tried a new save in the same world and samething happened.My other save in other worlds don't seem to be affected.
    What could be causing this?

Here's my Dxdiag:https://pastebin.pl/view/41c0faea

I do have mods, but nothing that should affect roofing.Mostly NRAAS and recipe mods.
    No Custom furniture.

I tried;
    -Rebooting game.
    -Clearing game's cache and world cache/
    -Starting in a new save in the same world
    -Other worlds are not affected.
    -Reinstalled the world.

Edit: I'm currently trying a fresh Sims 3 folder.With just the world installed, no mods.
    But the world is taking forever to load.

@GraceyManor Which world is it? Is it meant to look like the roof has finally fallen apart after many years of hard weather and wear?

The site you uploaded your DxDiag report to is Pastebin.pl, not the real Pastebin.com, but some copy that doesn't seem as good as the real Pastebin.com. Pastebin.pl triggered two of the search engines at Virustotal, the real Pastebin.com didn't trigger any of them.
  • Options
    Old that’s the only one I can find and it didn’t trigger my virus scan(total av, malwarebytes)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Apparently the roofing was made to look like this.XD
    Anyways, that issue solved.lol
    I can’t fix it atm.I’m at worke