Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Downloads Trouble

Is anyone else having problems with store downloads today? Or has the store decided I'm no longer worthy of it's content?

Comments

• EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Yeah I'm having issues with downloading store content and the launcher picking up on my downloads. It's incredibly infuriating. All my store content uninstalled itself.
  • littlelamblittlelamb Posts: 4 New Member
    I am also having the problem of the store content uninstalling. We purchase Sim Points to be able to get the Store content and it is very frustrating to have to re download everything each time we start the game. Please do some thing about solving this issue
  • CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    I’ve had the problem of store items not showing installed on and off for a good while. They are in fact installed but the launcher fails to recognize them as installed. That is the real issue. When this happens, I close the launcher and exit Origin. Not just X the screen but also close the program running in the background. I relaunch and the items reappear. When this fails, I delete the cache files in the Sims 3 folder and relaunch to make installed content reappear. I am no computer whiz but this works for me.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    I would suggest reading this thread by Ciane on How to Install Store Items.

For downloading store items, you can follow Valgon57 method for bypassing Purchase History in his thread Store Mega List for Extra Quick Redownloading
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • ViRoJoViRoJo Posts: 1 New Member
    I am struggling with the store as well. I purchased 3 copies of the same content (Midnight Hollow) and used all my points doing so (it kept telling me the purchase didn't go through) and when I reached out to EA they said they couldn't refund me for the two additional purchases... even though they are of the same world!
  • historyfreak1historyfreak1 Posts: 16 Member
    I don't know if anyone else has this problem but the free town on the Store (Riverview) has half the buildings missing when I try to play in it.
  • MAWriterGirlMAWriterGirl Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, newbie here...discovered the Sims just after Christmas 2021 and now I'm irrevocably hooked. :smiley:

I downloaded my rewards for game installation and the Riverview world, but none of them has appeared in my game content at all. I wonder if this is a problem with my system, or with the store?
  • ChillGarboChillGarbo Posts: 27 Member
    MaWriterGirl
    This worked for me. first you need to do is move mods- and savedsims folder to the desktop and delete the sims3 folder 1 : reinstall sims3 basegame. 2 : download Riverview world ( firefox had been used ). start your game and test it out. 3: download ( firefox ), install your other store content and run a test from test game. 4 : now you can dowload and install the dlc´s you might have and rewards. run a test. 5 : move your mods- and savedsims back in the sims3 folder and if you have cc those can be install now. now test run the game and you should be good to go.
  • movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    I had trouble with buying from my basket. I had to buy them individually.
    Movefan89
    now I don't know where you made your purchase and if it's a world or a dlc you bought which would have been nice to know.
    this is what i do.
    for steam and origin you´ll get a code that you can / must register in simsstore under my page - my account - register a game. if this has already been done.
    if you hover over store open my store account and under my purchase history you have all your simsstore items that you can download from here.
    my dlc ( sp and ep) are purchased from steam and worlds are purchased through origin.
    > @ChillGarbo said:
    > Movefan89
    > now I don't know where you made your purchase and if it's a world or a dlc you bought which would have been nice to know.
    > this is what i do.
    > for steam and origin you´ll get a code that you can / must register in simsstore under my page - my account - register a game. if this has already been done.
    > if you hover over store open my store account and under my purchase history you have all your simsstore items that you can download from here.
    > my dlc ( sp and ep) are purchased from steam and worlds are purchased through origin.

Hey, so I was buying the Midnight hallows and the bakery set, it let me “buy” it but it never showed up in my downloads. I waited a while but my points were the same so I went on the page of them and bought them one by one and it worked there.
    Bought on the sims store :)
    movefan89 wrote: »
    Bought on the sims store :)

did the items showed up in your game?
    you can allways find and download your store items from my purchased history.
  • redhotangelredhotangel Posts: 106 Member
    it is telling me that I don't own some of the stuff that i in face do own, other wise it wouldn't be in my purchase history.
  • CoryleaCorylea Posts: 9 New Member
    @redhotangel, There's been a problem with Store downloads for awhile, but EA recently fixed it. To get the fix, you'll need to download the most recent version of the EA app.
  • CoryleaCorylea Posts: 9 New Member
    For some reason it wouldn't let me edit my post to add this link; sorry for the double post.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-Sims-3-Saved-Games-Not-Loading-After-Store-Content-Download/m-p/12299672#M256056