Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHAT does the community WANT in 2020?

124...Next

Comments

• GoseGose Posts: 40 Member
    @Lii23 Great idea! Though the player has an option to which gender they match their sim with, it would be interesting if their sexuality was set, and then of course reflect the whole range of sexualites.The chances of each sexuality could be based on real life statistics. I really love the "coming out" part you described, and that should apply not just to gender identity, but also their sexuality.

This goes hand in hand with a more complex attraction system. I find it a bit frustrating that there are no pointers as to who the sims are interested in, it feels a bit random and ends up being the players decision. Of course, that has it's perks, but another way to play would be interesting. Also I think there could be included an option to for example turn attraction off. Wasn't there an attraction function for Sims 2 or 3?
    Sign.jpg
    I build things.
    Gallery ID: skustadmoe
  • Lii23Lii23 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Gose said:
    > @Lii23 Great idea! Though the player has an option to which gender they match their sim with, it would be interesting if their sexuality was set, and then of course reflect the whole range of sexualites.The chances of each sexuality could be based on real life statistics. I really love the "coming out" part you described, and that should apply not just to gender identity, but also their sexuality.
    >
    > This goes hand in hand with a more complex attraction system. I find it a bit frustrating that there are no pointers as to who the sims are interested in, it feels a bit random and ends up being the players decision. Of course, that has it's perks, but another way to play would be interesting. Also I think there could be included an option to for example turn attraction off. Wasn't there an attraction function for Sims 2 or 3?

Yeah, although there aren't enough gender options in my opinion, for example when I try to make myself I can't fully make myself with the available gender options
  • Lily28sLily28s Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Lii23;c-17762901"]I have a very big idea; well in my eyes that is.

I really want more inclusion for gender identities. I'll explain more below, but in summary I would like (ranked from most important to least important FOR ME PERSONALLY):
    1. More custom gender settings with a focus on neutrality
    1a. Under "clothing preference" I would like a "none" option which allows the automatic usage of both male and female clothing without having to exit the masculine or feminine tags at the top of the category
    1b. As a subcategory of "physical frame" I would like breasts to be an option. If breasts are on, the female chest will appear on the sim, and if off the male chest will appear on the sim
    2. LGBTQ+ gameplay!
    2a. I would like there to be a 1% chance that, immediately following the aging up of a sim from child to teen, the teen will talk to their parent sim (skippable if they are not at the lot or don't exist, but not if the parent sim is at the lot) and a screen similar to the screen for selecting traits will appear that tells the player that the teen sim is transgender and provides details into what the player can do with this information.
    2b. I would like a .2% chance that the same events occur, but rather than the screen saying the teen is transgender, the screen says that the teen is nonbinary.
    2c. I would like these chances to occur at every aging up after the child to teen age up occurs, but instead of the sim talking to their parents, the screen pops up by itself.
    2d. gameplay to go with this! I have lots of ideas I will get into... :)
    3. A third gender option which applies the "none" clothing preference and turns off breasts automatically. As for the physical frame, either a third neutral frame or a randomized frame should be chosen.

Alright, I'm going to go into more detail below, starting with why I want this.
    I have been playing the sims since I was in third grade. I started questioning my sexuality in fourth grade, and my gender in sixth. I started questioning my sexuality because of the sims 4 (hold with me here). My best friend and I would always make a couple together, and I always made the woman while she made the male. She always made someone who she would like to date, and, although unknowingly, so would I. Finally a day came where she challenged me to make a male sim that I would date (there's not a whole lot to do when you're a fourth grader living in rural Ohio). I physically couldn't, and I blamed it on the fact that the sims had bad choices. The choices were in fact good choices, but not when you are unknowingly lesbian (at the time I used this label so that is what I'll refer to myself then as here). So all of a sudden I was a prepubescent 10 year old lesbian being confronted by the Sims 4. That event came to pass, and later when I was in 6th grade my friend once again challenged me, but this time she challenged me to make myself as an adult. Easier, right? Not when you are in denial that you are nonbinary. The first thing I did was shrink the breasts of the sim down to nothing, and then I proceeded to make my short haired, baggy clothed sim. I look remarkably similar to that sim nowadays. My friend was confused, but she went with it. Now, in highschool, I am out and proud as nonbinary and trixic, and each and every one of my builds in the sims contains a pride flag. There is still something missing from my gameplay that could round out and either further or finish my learning experience through the Sims 4. That's where this post comes in.

1. I feel like my summary of what I want for number one is actually self explanatory, but if I'm wrong please let me know and I will go further into detail regarding my ideas.

2abd. So I basically want a chance that the teen will come out to their parents. On the screen I would love to display pricing for in game top surgery and bottom surgery, as well as a box allowing you to change their in game pronouns and the symbol that appears in the top left in CAS/the outfit change screen.
    I mentioned surgeries, and here is what I would like them to do and how I would like them to work.
    Top Surgery- This surgery would change the breasts setting to the opposite of what it is set at before the surgery. Pricing wise, I think that 10,000 Simoleans would be fair (unfortunately). The sim would go to the hospital and go to the baby-delivering machine, except when they exit the machine they have not had a baby, rather they have the opposite setting and scars on the chest as in real top surgery.
    Bottom Surgery- This surgery would change the physical frame setting to the opposite of what it is set at before surgery. If a third option for physical frame is added, it can also switch your sim over to that frame. I think that 20,000 Simoleans would be fair (unfortunately), and I think that this surgery would be better if the sim simply left the lot, returning with the opposite frame.
    2c. I want to show that self discovery can happen at any age! It would really be the same as skipping the step where the teens speak to their parents in 2ab.
    2d. In addition to top and bottom surgery, I think it could be fun (realistic? I don't think that fun is the right word but I don't know what the right word is) if, after the sim "comes out" they get a tense moodlet that gets more intense every sim day until the sim schedules their top and/or bottom surgery. The moodlet should be titled "Dysphoria" and the little description or joke is up to you (the sims team). I think that the sims could also declare their desired partner's gender in a way similar to coming out, but having all sims be disaster pans is honestly fun too.

3. I put this pretty low as it would simply consolidate the custom gender options into a new preset. This would be nice, but not necessary in my opinion.

Ideally I would love for this to come in a free pride month update, but I understand that this is a lot of work. I would recommend this being a stuff pack unless it is expanded upon much further than what I have described, and then I would only suggest it to be a game pack. I would like this pack to be accessible to all of the LGBTQIA+ players and their allies, and it would be a great pride month release.

I don't know if the sims team will ever see or read this, but I hope they will. If you are a part of the sims team, hi!! Please consider implementing this. If you need more details on my ideas, you can reply, but I may not respond to you since I have never come on here before, and may never come on here after I present my ideas. My origin ID is FreakyBananaSim should you like to message me that way.

If you are on the sims team, read this, and decide to present it as a serious idea, I LOVE YOU.

Mwah, Lii23/FreakyBananaSim[/quote]

Yes thank you!! I wanted to make a sim version of a non binary friend but am not able too! I would also very much love it if they added this.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    We really need a new thread for this, for 2021...
    2020 was a bit lacklustre.

What I want added in 2021:
    Drums.
    Bands.
    Werewolves.

More inclusivity through flexibility. Aka, give us more toggleable options.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Simtarris22Simtarris22 Posts: 75 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    -CARS!!
    - Improved teens with a proper school !
    - Generations,
    - Farming,
    - A winter vacation GP or an Asian looking destination world.

THE IRONY THAT YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANT....AN ASIAN INSPIRED WINTER RETREAT EXPANSION PACK
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    In 2021 I want:
    Fairies
    Genies
    Werewolves
    Generations
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    For 2021 I really want all bugs & glitches fixed with a much smoother running game. I really want to see 3 height defaults (short, medium, tall) with proportion sliders for extremities and torso including neck. I have a long torso with short legs and average arms @ 5'6". Or I would like to see a height slider that appropriately adjusts the proportions. I'd like to see a 'material' option that you can see in bb (mahogany, chestnut, oak, slate, etc). I want animations added so that all heights fit all actions and animations. I want sex/gender attraction with a both &none option. I want trait attraction, (say my evil Sim is turned on by vampires who are geniuses, bros, and mean but is turned off by mermaids who are gloomy, good, and creative). I also want SAVE A DANG OUTFIT!!! I want hairstyles that better translate between updo styles and worn down styles. I want to choose what side the hair part is on. And eyelashes and nails with polish.
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    If it's a height slider then I'd want 'edit details' applied to extremities and torso.
  • bellagoth19bellagoth19 Posts: 12 New Member
    @ Lii23 I love your idea so much. I agree that it should be available to all LGBTQIA+ players like us, but I would understand if they made it a pack. It just should definitley be $20 or less, otherwise it would be unfair to make players feel underrepresented by their game just because they can't afford it. I hope we get something like this in the future, and hopefully soon!