Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHAT does the community WANT in 2020?

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    1. Winter Retreat
    2. Fairies
    3. World Adventures
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I posted this in another thread but...

Besides that I'd like Non Mutual Relationships, and Hotels. Maybe some preschoolers and preteens.

I think the hotels is the only one we'll get in 2020 though but I wouldn't be surprised if we got free babies in 2021. The others I doubt ever, but MAYBE my non-mutual relationships!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    -CARS!!
    - Improved teens with a proper school !
    - Generations,
    - Farming,
    - A winter vacation GP or an Asian looking destination world.
  • Bunzz_1999Bunzz_1999 Posts: 6 New Member
    I had a dream the other night that we got a whole revamp of the babies/toddlers, plus a new thing -- taking walks with people. If you took a walk with your partner, you'd hold hands with them, or link arms with them etc. If you took a walk with a elder sim you would walk slower or maybe hold onto them a bit to support them.

The babies got a whole revamp -- strollers, cribs, basically a generations pack. I want a generations pack, because I sadly never got to experience Generations (I'm a console player.)

I was so gutted when I woke up from that dream.
  • aka_moiaka_moi Posts: 86 Member
    My big wants:

Non-rabbithole school play. I want to live vicariously and send my fake kids to school, have them play with other kids, learn things, do stuff, prank, ask questions. Or play a teacher dealing with unruly kids. Blackboards, spitting paper balls, writing love notes, crushes. Sitting at a desk taking notes or day dreaming. Raising hands to ask questions. Gym class. Sports that are played together, not by turns.

Stop the loading within the small neighbourhoods. I should be able to visit my next-door neighbour without a screen. I'd be ok with a loading screen if I can hit the cafe or park a block away without waiting.

Basically depth.

Better/deeper interactions between sims. Which means limiting convo options a bit. Slow dancing. Jealousy. Rocking a toddler, walking a toddler in a stroller. Having dinner be dinner, not musical chairs. Getting a bonus from spending family time together. Ask for a cup of sugar from a neighbor. Spy on the neighbours. Better gossip system.

Better relatives. Inlaws being a pain, my aunt being sick, my cousin is getting married. My ex-boyfriend is getting a divorce.

Build on the emotions. If I'm angry a lot, have that effect my relationships. If I'm overly flirty, have my spouse act jealous.

For depth, I really mean a ton of tiny little things that show up at random times. S

revisit the buildings from go to work, get more gameplay out of them.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    The two things that popped into my head right away-
    Change the way townies and newly turned vampires choose how to dress. They always look awful.
    Address bugs before adding anything else new.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The only thing I'd buy for The Sims 4, which might actually result in me buying other packs, would be an expansion which overhauls the base game's gameplay significantly. Massive improvements to emotions, traits, and the AI of our Sims. An overhaul of aspirations for those who want it which makes them more open-ended, fun, and replayable. A redesigning of the cooking, gardening, and collecting systems. More consequence, more challenge, and just more things to do that feel meaningful and full of depth.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Expansion packs:
    I'd like more culturaly diverse worlds. We only have Selvadorada and Sulani. It would be great if we could get worlds inspired by african and oriental cultures.

I'd love to seenboth hotel and farming packs. Just don't restrict hotels to vacation worlds. I have GTW and I want the hability to run my own hotel. I also want to have a resort in Sulani and a youth hostel in San Syshuno.

I would also love an after school activities pack aimed at children and teens that added more stuff for them to do and fleshed out more the gameplay for those life stages.

And don't forget about generations, memories, retirement activities and aspirations exclusive for elderly sims.

Build/Buy mode
    More wardrobes to create walk ins, kitchen and bathroom clutter, objects meant to be placed under staircases (closets, toilets, shelving, etc). Pool tables, neutral 4 seater dining tables, more 1 tile desks, more deskchairs, buffet table, more counters and cabinets. Spiral staircases. Plain black, white and wood swatches that match previous content. Floorings that match wallpaper and stair railings that match fences.

Movility! Tricycles for toddlers, child bicycles, skateboards, cars, schoolbuses, police patrols, ambulances, fire trucks, walking canes...

Base Game updates
    Fix those bugs!
    Fix those bugs!!
    Better skintones and hairs, specially for POC.
    Babies made an actual life stage and not just bassinets.
    Manual placing of handrails.
    Painting ceilings.
    Curved walls, ponds and swimmingpools.
    Happy simming!
  • HaskkoHaskko Posts: 1 New Member
    What I really want:
    1- Change in the maps making them a little bigger, for what exactly? Simple, adding the cars can make the traffic level of each district of the game, (which of course can be disabled if you prefer) the cars will take longer to reach the distinction if there is a lot of traffic in a certain region and the bikes arrived faster compared to the car in a traffic area
    (of course I also want the animations back)
    2- put the fears back, which was already in the sims 2, and which made the game more difficult.
    3- I would think it better that the star wars game package was a series of the package towards fame, look how it would be better? Much better used with the theme of heading to fame.
    4- Create a museum, you create your art and put it in the museum, or buy art, make sculptures, it would be fantastic.
    5- adding again the jobs visible on the map, such as the buildings of the sims 3 and installations like a military base, that would remain on the map there, and not a black hole.
    6- Return of the thieves to the sims 4, and that can work as a firefighter, and that is a job that can control the Sim, that was introduced in the work package.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    The impression I get that a lot of the community want is better babies, cars, family gameplay, generations ep, better romance system, more story progression, deeper gameplay, better emotions, winter resort. The main thing the community appears to want is to feel listened to which a lot don’t feel like they are right now. As for specifically this year I would say take your pick from that list as these features seem the most wanted. This is not specifically what I want but what I’ve noticed on here and on various social media platforms the theme is the same. Also a lot of occult fans want werewolves and better aliens and mermaids.
  • cuckMaster9000cuckMaster9000 Posts: 1 New Member
    •bending
    •Pro bending careers
    •republic city\ air temple island
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited September 2020
    Just this...

Consolidation

That is ...."the action or process of combining a number of things into a single more effective or coherent whole". :)<3
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Expansion Packs:
    1. Just give the family players "Generations" and get it over with. They're like a mom complaining about you cleaning up your messy bedroom--they won't stop nagging until it's done, so you'd better just get it done before they storm in and destroy your life.

2. If there's one more GP this year, I'm rooting for werewolves. No more 2-year waits between occult GP's. Finish the set.

Build/Buy: I just want paintable ceilings. I can live without the spiral staircases. I can wait until Paralives for rounded walls. But I NEED to be able to paint the ceilings on my builds! I build a lot of old-style buildings, ones where that bland white ceiling just doesn't work. I. Need. Paintable. Ceilings.

Base Game Updates:
    1. A Dyed Color/Natural Color toggle in CAS and unnatural hair colors finally added for Children and Toddlers. I don't care about the Babies being glued to the crib, but all hair colors not being available for all ages and fully heritable has been driving me crazy for the past. 6. Years. I shouldn't have to make CC or hunt for Red October all over the internet for it just so my pink, white, gray, blue, green, purple, and cyan haired sims can have kids with what I consider to be their natural hair color. Get the swatches and the toggle done, like, 5 years ago!

2. Balance the emotion system properly. Give negative emotions Uncomfortable as an amplifier, get that Fear emotion in there, and nerf the environmental Happy buffs.

3. Fix the Away system, because it has no sense of logic to it besides scattering sims around the house when you get back to make like the sims back home were still alive while your active sim(s) were off the lot. Get some better placement parameters in there at the very least...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member

Base Game enhacements

Already hidden in the game
    • New relationship types: if you enable Debug cheats with the MCCC mod, there is a Debug option called “Cheat Relationship”. And it includes a plethora of new relationships not visible on the game, like Bromantic Friendship, Archenemies and so on. How to improve it: make those relationships visible like the rest (Enemies with Benefities, Soulmates, etc.). Even better: add some of those relationship types in the CAS menu. Right now you can only choose to be Husband, Son or Father of your sim, or simply household member. Even just adding best friend, friend, romantic interest, partner and engaged on the CAS menu, and step-parents/adoptive parents, would make sim interactions richer from the start.
    • Improve memory system: right now, in-game screenshots can be associated to the sims appearing on them and trigger memories, giving them the same buffs they were feeling on the screenshot (flirty, angry...). How to improve it: associate those images to key moments as well, the ones giving buffs/showing purple notifications (new friend, new partner, first kiss, first fight...). Then make this feature more accesible for users, integrating it on the sim’s control menu in the bottom-left corner (along with the Relationships, Personality, Needs, Work menus..)

Already done by modders
    • Improve autonomous interactions: avoid starting idle-chat interactions so more active interactions can be triggered, depending on the sims’ personality and relationship. Sample mod that applies this perfectly: Better Personality Please! By Polarsims
    • Increase romance buffs and interactions: add special buffs when sims are close to somebody they love/like/despise, and special chat interactions like announcing/reacting to pregnancies, confessing/reacting to cheating, confessing to have little experience... Sample mods that apply this perfectly: Road to Romance by Lumpinou, Improved Relationships by Zero, True Happiness by Roburky.
    • Include an attraction system: similarly to selecting favorite drinks/movies and so on, it would be great to select favorite personality traits/physical traits, or disliked ones, and make sims react to them. It could add way more depth to the game, same as having more relationships or improving autonomy. Sample mods: many simmers use a certain non-T rated mod just for this characteristic.

Additional ideas

• Important: make townies with more realistic, healthier body shapes. This game is T-rated, and kids and teens are highly influenced by beauty canons. So having sims like Candy Behr with realistic waists and legs would really help! This is definitely improving in new packs, but still need.
    • Add babies as household members, just like toddlers.
    • Retrieve popular interactions from previous game versions, like cuddling in bed from Sims 3.
    • Include sims from trailers in the packs, or at least on the gallery on launch day. (Cora from Journey to Batuu, Claire from Eco Lifestyle... Tess and the original sages where added way after the Realm of Magic launch).

DLC enhancements

Already hidden in the game.
    • Vampire hunters: the game already offers you the option to “slay” vampires by fighting them and forcing them to take the cure against vampirism. And you can also learn vampire lore as human, make garlic braids and learn to prepare the cure against vampirism How to improve it: make this a trait/career, even if it’s a three-level one. There are mods that already apply it.

Already done by modders:
    • Increase occult’s powers: confess being an occult (vampire, mermaid...) and reacting to the news, add more water interactions to mermaids... Mods that apply this perfectly: Immersive vampires by Zero, Expanded Mermaids by SpinningPlumbobs.
    • Rework/remove situational outfits: no more tourist outfits in San Myshuno, no more strange situational outfits for Sages/spellcasters in the Realm, give Sims the option to use everyday outfits in Batuu. Simmers usually craft sims’ outfits carefully, and it really breaks the immersion to see Caleb Vatore with a Hawaiian T-shirt after a trip to San Myshuno, for instance.
    • Restrict townies mostly in their towns: try to keep them restricted to the towns they live, specially occult/famous sims (Forgotten Hollow, Del Sol Valley).
    • Make Brindleton Bay and Evergreen Harbour swimmable. Add skating animations to frozen water.
    • Include more icons and actions to Clubs and Holidays. (Imagine a Selvadorada Historical Society with archaeologists, or a Wellness club! Or a Pet Training one!). Not make Club members appear in bike (this is comical in case of Vlad Straud or Sages :))

Additional ideas:
    • Make at least 1 underwater lot in Sulani with a free DLC update, even if it’s through a cave like the Forgotten Grotto. And make mermaids/scuba divers explore it.
    • Increase non-US based worlds in the Sims. So far we have Windenburg, Sulani and Selvadorada. It would add more representation to the game.
    I just forgot it! :)

Gallery enhancements
    • Spark’d: filter submissions not compliant with the rules. For instance, in Golden Age all households without elders + using custom poses shouldn’t be submitted.
    • Improve gallery default pictures for households and homes. It would be great to have headshot default thumbnails for sims.
    • Rework the filters for lot kinds. Sometimes when you apply them some of the most popular buildings don’t appear on the list.
    • Include special buildings in the filters for lot kinds (Resistance Camp, Chalet Gardens...)

edited September 2020
    Extra tips for better immersion:
    • - Spawn NPC characters to assigned objects, no matter the lot type. For instance: baristas will be automatically hired if a espresso bar is placed inside a library. Or Yoga instructors if a instructor mat is placed in a park.
    • - Assign certain sims to NPC job careers (including being a Sage!). Make them keep their career even if you play with the household.
    • - Assign 2-3 lot types to a same building. For instance: library + cafe, retail + gym... as well as retail + residential, or vet + residential. It would be great to live over your own shop, so a household doesn’t have to “occupy” two different lots.
  • Ms_MikaMs_Mika Posts: 18 Member
    [b]Base Game updates:[/b]
    Negative consequences
    More entry level jobs
    In depth traits
    More venues
    Cars
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    My wish list, sorry if any of these where already listed

for a hairstyle a Mad Scientist hair cut would be cool

Adopt pets to other sims or at pet store

Time travel or way to make sim young adult again by spell or potion

Pizza delivery career would be nice There is alot of careers I could think of to be honest

More supernatural sims and more abilities and stuff for the ones we have for example a Graveyard for the dead and ghost sims that keeps a list for bringing them back at anytime.. adding goblins rather then just a gremlin trait would be cool or even super hero sims

Firefighter career

I'll probably keep adding to this as I think of more since I pretty much think of something every 15 min while playing but, forget it as I rarely post online about anything.

I know there is a mod out there but, I play console and would really love necter making back that included the racks for aging..
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I want Sims to react appropriately to certain situations. I cheated on Katrina Caliente right in front of her and she didn’t even bat an eye. Yeah our relationship bar went down but nothing happened. This was not the case in previous games where Sims would run up to you and slap the living daylights out of you for cheating.

The emotion system needs to be severely improved. If a sim they know dies, they need to be sad. For like days. And they need to be crying over their death, even after they die. But because of the moodlet system the Sims can switch between several emotions in the matter of minutes. Honestly I think the only way to fix emotions is to get rid of moodlets. Or at least make it so moodlets don’t directly impact your emotional state.

Traits need to be revamped as well. As it is now, traits only give your sims special social interactions (which big whoop because all the social interactions are about the same) and some give you special abilities like being a kleptomaniac let’s you steal. None of the traits influence a Sims automatic behavior and mannerisms. Except for maybe the Erratic trait because they talk to themselves and have mood swings but even this trait can be improved upon significantly. A neat sim should be cleaning all the time. Even with objects that don’t need to be cleaned. Slobs should be leaving messes everywhere. My active sims rarely workout on their own accord. Some traits I don’t even know what they do like Cheerful, goofball, evil, lazy, clumsy. There’s literally nothing special about most of the traits.

I don’t care what kind of packs we get at this point as long as it’s not something stupid like Star Wars. What I would like to get eventually though;
    - a farming expansion with horses and other livestock
    - A mountain ski/snowboard resort vacation pack
    - Werewolves game pack
    - Fairies game pack
    - A romance pack
    - World adventures pack
    - A generations pack

There’s a whole lot of things I would like to see come to the Sims 4. I have my own thread listing what I want: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967291/sims-4-list-of-features-the-game-needs/p1

But if the top three game overhauls don’t come to the Sims 4 or even the Sims 5, then the series will never live up to its full potential and greatness that it once had.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Woohoo and violence.

oh...
    Drums, bands, and werewolves.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Packs
    Generations + preteens
    School
    Romance
    Bands
    Hotels/ Winter Vacation
    Hobbies
    Arcade
    Town Life
    Farming

Build/Buy mode
    Drums
    Saxophone
    Electric Guitar
    Stage for bands to play on
    Strollers for babies/toddlers
    Bunk beds
    Chalk board that works like Spa Day yoga instructor where desks can connect and the teacher can teach students
    Football field, football and cheer practice on it
    Surfboard
    Soccer net (Sims play together not another single Sim sport)
    Ski lift
    In-ground hot tub
    Pool slide
    Diving board
    Pool table
    Photo booth
    Working cash register
    Clothing rack
    Changing room
    Claw machine for arcades

Base Game updates
    Improved personalities, memories and fear emotion, new animations to go along with these
    Free babies
    Cars/carpools and a fix for all service npcs like repairman and fireman coming in trucks not poofing onto the lot
    Police with cars obviously and burglars
    Body hair
    Water tool
    CAW
    Costume category added in CAS let me set my own outfits for spooky day parties
    Basic animations like cuddle in bed and opening the dishwasher no more telekinetic Sims
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • C_HamsterC_Hamster Posts: 2 New Member
    I, personally, would really love some more science-fiction/fantasy creature options. We have aliens, merpeople, vampires and sorcerers now, which is great, but let's add fairies, werewolves, zombies, shapeshifter, etc.
    Also, a pack with era-related clothing and items, such as medieval times, Roman era, the roaring 20's or even futuristic times. Just a "Through the ages" kind of pack.

Other than that, what I really miss from previous Sims editions, is the option to edit colours into what you yourself like, instead of just a few preprogrammed options. Quite a few items and clothing are absolutely impossible to match into decent combinations without any horrible clashing.
  • Keylee_41Keylee_41 Posts: 1 New Member
    I, personally, mostly just want something akin to an attractive system. At least something as simple as telling you whether your sim finds a certain sim attractive or not. That's at the top of my wish-list. This mostly stems from the fact that I often wonder when setting up sims if they truly would like each other, or if I'm just forcing them into something they don't particularly want. Sounds a bit like I'm maybe overthinking things, but that's just my idea lol
  • reesabertottireesabertotti Posts: 4 New Member
    I would like a livable fairytale world! It would include fairies, dragons , castles, fairytale costumes.Especially ball gowns! Maybe add some mid-evil homes and furniture. O f course I won't hold my breathe tho