Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

9/3 Patch Is Crashing My Game!

Comments

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I got the update. My game crashed several times yesterday without mods or cc. Then the creators came out with updats for my mods. MCCC and UI cheats extension were updated so I put them in because MCCC most of the time catches exceptions instead of crashing the game. For me something is going on with chess tables and holidays. I have never ending chess games and everyday is love day but it's not crashing any more. MCCC is catching the exceptions. I am going to take out my mods and repair the game.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I'm getting crashing, before this recent patch i have had no crashes unless it was by my own error. Game is crashing at random intervals and frankly now i can't trust this game with any significant game play as the progress will be wiped to the previous point.

I spent the better part of 2 hours improving baking skills on one of my sims and getting the fridge full of food, and then crash, i lost all that after trying to get some lemons for the final item to be baked and level 10.

As of right now i can not trust this game. For the moment it suits me fine, maybe i can try out EA play and try out TS3, at least on that game i hope i can get some decent game play in with the right modifications.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I had some weird graphical issues after the patch, but they were confined to the UI being messed up, so that was pretty easy to identify as needing to update UI Cheats. So as soon as they put out an updated version I did that. Last night I had a couple of crashes, but today I see an updated version of MCCC is out, so I've installed that and I'll see if it fixes the problem.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I haven't noticed any problems since the patch. Sorry you guys are.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited September 2020
    My game crashed, but I had a really outdated version of SoL for some reason. Seems better with the latest

Over as KS's Discord, we were told SOL is broken. Which version do you have? I am hesitant to play my game without it, as it lends so much to the game.

Thanks for the information!

I'm using 4.6.2, although I've deleted several bits that I don't like like. Played for a couple hours after updating SoL fine last night. But now I know there are still issues with it my game will probably crash on loading the save. Ah well, got a couple other saves I can play that don't rely on it so heavily.

Its also one of my 3 essential mods, with MCCC (which also needed an update) and Meaningful Stories (which apparently doesn't).

Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m so sorry so many of you are having problems with your game! I’m one of the lucky ones whose game is working perfectly. I have a LOT of cc and mods.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    My game worked perfectly fine just yesterday and now today after the patch it crashes 10 minutes into gameplay.

Yes I repaired the game.

Yes I removed my mods and the thumbnail cache thing.

My game still crashes after 10 minutes of gameplay.

I’m sad 😞

Anyone else’s game crashing tonight?

Same thing here. Game crashes after a few minutes of gameplay. :(
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Do you guys have post on the tech-site? So you can start getting attention for it?

So sorry, this sounds really bad.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Oh heck not this yet again Eco living destroyed my game and I had to start over and now I dare not even fire my game up after reading whats going on in this thread. I just don't think i can go through it all again :'(

I am so sorry for all of you experiencing these issues..

The Eco-Living, which I refuse to purchase, patch totally wrecked my game, too. I backed it up, but decided to start with a brand new game save. Once I did that my Mods started working just fine. (Especially the ones reported to be okay after said patch, or had been updated.) I don't usually put my Mods back in until they ARE updated, or are reported unaffected. Also, my cc clothing/objects worked just fine.

A new game save may be your ticket to success. But, I'm very nervous, too. That was a two-three day odyssey, at best.
    My game crashed, but I had a really outdated version of SoL for some reason. Seems better with the latest

Over as KS's Discord, we were told SOL is broken. Which version do you have? I am hesitant to play my game without it, as it lends so much to the game.

I disabled EL pack from my game, I actually enabled it again to try extra methods mentioned but had to disable again, never been happier, and sad at same time BC I really wanted to play it. I have not gotten the update yesterday, it was the first one Ive not done, and I am so sorry for what all of you have had happening. I know many bugs dont get fixed and it just makes it harder adding more content, but they are usually really good and quick to fix game crashing so I hope so soon for all of you.

I have auto updates for games turned off in Origin, and even tho I list myself as offline, when I have to stop playing and get put of game and come back it puts me back online and has tried to update, but I was fast to hit the X button to stop, is there a better way to make sure it keeps me offline or do you have to just redo it each time?

Chazzy, ( I dont know how tag someone's name Im sorry) I hope that the computer updates help it fix yours, I know how upsetting it is to lose games. Hope the best for ya!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm currently looking, this seems to be the actual post about it for now : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-Crashing-after-September-2020-update/m-p/9470067#M187467

If this is a save game issue, similar to the one we had with the patch before Eco Lifestyle, then I suspect that we will hear more. They even made a hotfix for that one.
  • freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    i updated ui cheat extension and mcc command center going to see if this helps me
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    My game doesn't crash. Though sometimes when traveling I get an error where a lot can not be loaded and is marked as incomplete even though there is nothing missing when I check in B&B.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    updating mods helped my problems good luck to all
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I got my game back working guys. I did all the computer updates and then made sure all of my mods were updated. Didn’t have to make a new save either. Whew!
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I got my game back working guys. I did all the computer updates and then made sure all of my mods were updated. Didn’t have to make a new save either. Whew!

That's awesome. Enjoy your game!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

That's awesome! So glad it wasn't a terrible headache getting it back to working order and especially that no game saves were lost forfeited!
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member

That's good. I hope it doesn't crash anymore and that everyone else with such problems gets them resolved. I still haven't patched my game yet.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Super that you guys got your games working again.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Every time I put Tmex-BetterBuildBuy in my game it crashes. I am only running 6 mods so I took them all out and added them back in one at a time throughout the day. He said everything was working fine. It did not need an update. At this point I do not know why it does not work in my game.

Then after doing some reading I think I need to turn off build cheats within MCCC. My MCCC is set up so I don't have to enter the debug and unlock entitlements cheats. I need to turn those off according to what I read. Right now with Tmex-BetterBuildBuy the games crashes anywhere from the loading screen to when I try to enter a lot.

These are my mods ...

MCCC
    UI Cheats Extention
    [ Robin ] Knit Quickly FASTEST
    Scarlet_AllYearPlants_All_In_ONE
    Scarlet_UniFasterHW_10

I took out Tmex-BetterBuildBuy until I change my setting for MCCC. If this fixes my issue I will come back and post again.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Wow, it is nothing new as there are always problems with the way EA/Maxis patches fix some things and more things break and now must be on the Please Fix list.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    My game worked perfectly fine just yesterday and now today after the patch it crashes 10 minutes into gameplay.

Yes I repaired the game.

Yes I removed my mods and the thumbnail cache thing.

My game still crashes after 10 minutes of gameplay.

I’m sad 😞

Anyone else’s game crashing tonight?

I had the same problem and did the same things

I was in the middle of building a penthouse in a nice Art Nouveau style of architecture. Since I can't use CC doors, windows or archways it seemed like the best option for the style of architecture to do. The game crashed 10 minutes in. Thankfully I saved after each thing I did. It's not too CC heavy. I might share it on the galley when I'm done with the shortlist of CC being used.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2020
    Apparently, from what I read on Answer HQ, the "mod that shall not be named" caused crashes for some, the mod have a new update now, something to do with personality types caused it to crash.
    Post edited by logion on
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited September 2020
    A couple of days ago I had 2 crashes right after installing the update, and then for 2 days, everything was fine. I just had another crash a few minutes ago. Clearly some buggy code got into the update...

EDIT; it just happened again, trying to perform the same action. It's Love Day, and I tried sending the hubby to the wife to ask her on a date--as soon as he walks over to within speaking distance, the game crashes at exactly the same spot
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I've been fine since the update. I did clear cache and repair game however. And I'm cc/mod-free.

My game has been fine also -- but I didn't open my save until my two most important mods (MCCC and UI Cheats Extension) had been updated. Slowly adding in other mods as they're verified as okay.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited September 2020
    As it turns out, I overreacted....but there is still something freaky going on. I have 5 saves....4 of them work fine, and only 2 households in the 5th save are affected.

But here's where it gets strange. In each household, it's only 1 Sim that crashes the game--if I play any of the other household members, no problem. It's like that 1 Sim in each household is suddenly cursed lol

It's a bummer though, because one of those households is my oldest one, and the Sim affected is the husband. It's not like in Hollywood where I can just write him off the cast and replace him. Well, I could, of course...but it surely wouldn't be the same