Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

9/3 Patch Is Crashing My Game!

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
My game worked perfectly fine just yesterday and now today after the patch it crashes 10 minutes into gameplay.

Yes I repaired the game.

Yes I removed my mods and the thumbnail cache thing.

My game still crashes after 10 minutes of gameplay.

I’m sad 😞

Anyone else’s game crashing tonight?
Post edited by Chazzzy on

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I hear on reddit a BUNCH of people are having this problem.....wow...that's awful.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I hear on reddit a BUNCH of people are having this problem.....wow...that's awful.

Thanks, off to Reddit I go. I hope someone has a solution.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I haven't updated my game yet. I'm a little bit worried to because a few nights ago I had an update, and then the next time I played my game I had a few minor glitches (my Sim's hair was streaked black and brown even though she has black hair, and the routing for her small swimming pool no longer allowed her to get into the pool even tho she had been able to access it before that update). So now I'm worried I'll have even more bugs.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    Yep doing the same to my game and has totally trashed all relationships in the game save I have been testing the patch on.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I had a couple of crashes tonight at first, but I also had my mods folder open at the same time. I closed the folder, and it stopped crashing. Coincidence? Maybe...time will tell
    I had a couple of crashes tonight at first, but I also had my mods folder open at the same time. I closed the folder, and it stopped crashing. Coincidence? Maybe...time will tell

Interesting. Mine was open too. I’ll see if that makes a difference.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    edited September 2020
    I tried to narrow the reasons for the game crashes down.

It got worse, to the point where the game began crashing my PC with BSOD's.

I finally gave up and deleted 3 months of work with the broken game save.

Somehow the trouble was my selfsim, the Admirals wreckage at Sulani and a mermaid living at the lot.

Anyway, that was my 8 hours of TS4 today.
    Hope your day was better.

Edit, and No, my mods folder wasn't open and I never play the game online.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2020
    Thanks for the heads up. I was just going to play. Now I am scared to do so. I don't want to mess up my save that I have played for more then a year and a half. At the same time I am tempted to try if it crashes on me or not...
    Sorry for not providing any solution.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Thanks for the heads up. I was just going to play. Now I am scared to do so. I don't want to mess up my save that I have played for more then a year and a half. At the same time I am tempted to try if it crashes on me or not...
    Sorry for not providing any solution.

Why not backup your entire savegame somewhere else and then test it?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @izecson I am embarassed for not thinking of it myself! Thanks, that is exactly what I will do :)
    giphy.gif
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    My game seems to be working fine. I did back it up before updating. @Chazzzy, I hope you can get your game working again soon.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    It's a sign that you shouldn't bother with the game anymore. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Oh heck not this yet again Eco living destroyed my game and I had to start over and now I dare not even fire my game up after reading whats going on in this thread. I just don't think i can go through it all again :'(

I am so sorry for all of you experiencing these issues..
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    This makes me count my blessings that I check around before updating the game. Ive been hearing lots of issues as well, so Im staying offline. :#
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Oh heck not this yet again Eco living destroyed my game and I had to start over and now I dare not even fire my game up after reading whats going on in this thread. I just don't think i can go through it all again :'(

I haven’t opened my game either, not worth the risk with so many problems so I’m sorry to everyone who lost their work ):
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    So glad I can still play......but I have to turn the internet off completely to play. Not going to update for a while.

The day Origin decides I have to update to play the game, or Mac won't let me play without updating....well, that's the day I uninstall it all and call it a day..forever!

Sorry for the ones having to go thru this...again...just about every time.....so sad :'(
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I haven't crashed yet, but there is more lag than I am used to.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    edited September 2020
    When I went into my save yesterday, the time on the clock said it was 1:34 pm Sunday, yet my sims were at school. smh. I hope that this was just a temporary aberration and going forward that this will not be an issue. Never happened before the patch. This is minor compared to the crashing, and I hope those having this problem will get a quick hot fix. How can such a small patch cause havoc like this? This is terrible EA.

I must say I am experiencing more lag than usual. In my current family, I will have my sims stand around for ages it seems after I tell them to do something. Then I save the game, and sometimes that fixes it for a while, but then it happens again after a while, and then resetting, saving the game doesn't do it, and I have to exit the lot and go back in. This fixes it again for a bit. Didn't have that before the patch.
  • tenekoxtenekox Posts: 2 New Member
    Keeps crashing all the time for me as well. Also sometimes sims keep randomly disappearing/appearing.
    Ill go back to this when a fix is applied.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2020
    From my experience, the game crashing is either because of a:
    • Corrupt savegame
    • Corrupt sim, with corrupt relationships.
    • Corrupt lot, like a lot which no longer have a lot trait that works properly.

Does it still crash if you clear the cache and try to start a new game without mods?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I hated to always be this paranoid everytime there is an update for The Sims 4
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    My game crashed, but I had a really outdated version of SoL for some reason. Seems better with the latest
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
    logion wrote: »
    From my experience, the game crashing is either because of a:
    • Corrupt savegame
    • Corrupt sim, with corrupt relationships.
    • Corrupt lot, like a lot which no longer have a lot trait that works properly.

Does it still crash if you clear the cache and try to start a new game without mods?

Apparently my computer needed some updates so I did that last night. I’ll open up the game today and see if they made a difference. Plus, I’ve been trying to play the same family so I can switch to a different family and see if it crashes. If it does, then I’ll start a new save.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've been fine since the update. I did clear cache and repair game however. And I'm cc/mod-free.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited September 2020
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

The Eco-Living, which I refuse to purchase, patch totally wrecked my game, too. I backed it up, but decided to start with a brand new game save. Once I did that my Mods started working just fine. (Especially the ones reported to be okay after said patch, or had been updated.) I don't usually put my Mods back in until they ARE updated, or are reported unaffected. Also, my cc clothing/objects worked just fine.

A new game save may be your ticket to success. But, I'm very nervous, too. That was a two-three day odyssey, at best.
    My game crashed, but I had a really outdated version of SoL for some reason. Seems better with the latest

Over as KS's Discord, we were told SOL is broken. Which version do you have? I am hesitant to play my game without it, as it lends so much to the game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/