Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... the new Occult is a Jedi?

emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback

The answer is NO. EA/Maxis you lost the opportunity to create a unique occult, a Jedi, for Star Wars fans to enjoy; for non Star Wars fans to get closer to the brand. EA/Maxis you lost the opportunity to recycle the good programming and design of Vampires Gamepack: use your perks to join the dark side, use your perks to use the force, etc. New aspirations, new traits to be a Jedi. EA/Maxis you only needed to recycle wisely, creatively, thinking of simmers. You also lost the opportunity to refresh our Aliens: why not make all those Star Wars costumes into an archetypes category at CAS for aliens (as we already have this for vampires).

Then Yes, Batuu, the Disney AD, could be a nice stage for a new occult, for a new gameplay :| But the true is that: you want me to pay you to advertise a Disney product... and you have given weapons to the sims for the first time!

I'm playing Sims 4 since day one (6 years already), I have built almost 500 rooms and lots, I have played over 100 different households, I have shared info to the Help Center even my saves for the devs to fix bugs, I enjoyed this forums and other media channels with other simmers, I loved this game since Sims 2. But since DU something is really wrong: now I'm buying packs with awful errors, with bugs that broke my game and many features that I already pay. You are lying to me in your streams: the gurus confirmed that DU was ok with rotational play, it was not. At EL stream you did not show how dangerous the NAPs system was for our saves. It took me 3 months to rescue my 2 year old save (even with the NAPs system turned off). I'm tired now. You sold me a bad version of a free update (Kleptomaniac Trait) at EL, you sold me a bad version of features that I have at Seasons and Get Together packs at EL. You sold me a feature that do not work with rotational play or even a household that travels between neighborhoods. You sold me an EP that is only a huge Stuff Pack, I bought it because I believed in your streams :/ It's my fault for being naive. I'm done with the EPs.

And now I'm done with the GPs. I always say the the GP are the best of Sims 4. Now I need to say: The GP WERE the best of Sims 4. I'm a supernatural player, I loved Strangerville, I loved Jungle Adventures, I love vampires, ghosts, aliens and spellcasters... I still love this game, but I do not need more stuff, I do not want to break my saves with your actual bad work. I pay for all my packs, I'm a costumer and you EA/Maxis are starting to be dishonest with me.

I know that many simmers play other games. For years I had only played SIMS. Not anymore: for the first time I bought another game, not at Origin, not from EA, at Steam. Games are awesome, no matter how old you are, where you work, where you live: playing is vital, especially in these dark times. Sadly the Sims now is not a good option. But thanks to all the devs that give me all previous Packs, thanks for making me smile <3<3<3

I hope that the game improves in the future. For now I will look for joy in other worlds (and not at Batuu, sorry).

Stay safe everyone <3
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I'm sorry to hear you've been having so many issues with the game. I really love your builds, it would be a shame to see you go. <3
    #Team Occult
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I hope that at some point we will get a huge patch to fix the worst... but right now it is not encouraging: the last mini patch broke more stuff! even building stuff :s It is like a bad joke. But I will miss eventually Vlad and all my vampires >:) Thanks dear for your sweet words o:)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Ugh, that's not good. Well I hope we get some good patches soon. I know the devs have to work from home so maybe that makes it harder, I don't know. But I wish they would hire more people to work on the bugs. The longer the game runs, the more bugs we get and it's so disruptive for a lot of people. :(
    #Team Occult
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited September 2020
    The 'jedi/sith' 'force' occult you are demanding would already fit in with magic users. 'Spellcasters'. In Sims4.

The rest of the stuff you complained about, yes, there are bugs in the games.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@Admiral8Q of course there are bugs in the games, as I wrote above: I'm playing since Sims2. But there is a difference between a bugged game and a broken game. Something went really wrong with EL. BTW you try to help me months ago with my "forced married" sim before: it was a bug from EL also ;)

Yes, the spellcasters are a great option (I love ROm), I have the best "fake" fairies now. I dont wait for the game to give me all the stuff I want, it is not possible, but I have my imagination and my builts ;)

UBYxRLc.png

I just want a stable game as it was before, with the inevitable bugs, that is all :/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I also use the Spellcaster powers for my fake fairies. Admiral8Q

I've made my X-Men Storm with lightning powers.
    My Doctor Who has the Alien powers without turning into a balled weird color Alien.
    My fake Werewolf is a Vampire.
    My Hybrids have all 4 Occult traits & powers.