The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack 10 is getting announced in a few weeks

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Folks want cars and babies as a proper life state.
    I’m certainly all for cars. Personally I’m not too pushed for better babies, but I do hope that they’ll be added in a free update for those who have been requesting them for such a long time. It’d be wonderful.

However. If the studio is indeed working on cars and babies, people will have to be extremely prepared for disappointment once they make it into the game. Not because they won’t be good, but an update like that will break your game, guaranteed.

From what I understand there are a lot of legacy players out there. Some have no doubt many babies in their households. And there’s the very popular 100 baby challenge of course.

You do need to realize that all those babies need to be replaced by something that is not an object. Those babies may lose their genetic code and their relationship with the rest of the family. Your family trees may get wiped out completely.
    Is getting a better baby worth losing all that you’ve built up over the years?

I believe this the very thing they’re struggling with in the studio. How to replace something without breaking every single save?

Some folks have one single save in their game and it’s 6 years old. At this time, is it worth losing that over a slightly better baby? Are you prepared to start all over again?
    If they are working on babies, this is why it takes so long. Every test their doing right now is probably corrupting the previous save and they’re still trying to figure out how to break as little as possible.

Just keep it in mind folks.

They don't have to break the babies or the saves if they code all current babies to age to toddler on installing the upgraded babies patch. So everyone gets a clean start with upgraded babies. Also, they don't need to replace the babies with something that is not an object. Most people just want to be able to take their babies with them when leaving the lot, babies being an object would not cause the game to break because sims leave the lots with all sorts of objects all the time.

I suppose aging up the babies could work.
    Although people don’t just want to carry their babies around. If I look at the babies in Sims Freeplay, they’re a fully fledged life stage: They crawl around, Sims can pick them up and put them anywhere they like. The parents can teach them, they play with toys, they get a bath. They’re a baby version of the toddlers we have in TS4. And I’m sure folks want to change them in CAS too.
    If the TS4 babies get an overhaul they couldn’t be less in-depth than the babies in a sims mobile game.

Aging up the existing babies is indeed the only way this could work. People just have to deal with that then. 🤔
    I’m sure no one minds getting their sims to partake in a couple of woohoo sessions just so they can add a new member to their household.

Babies like in Sims Freeplay would be a whole new life stage so they would not affect current babies. If people want more newborn babies they can have more I guess.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Sakuske1 wrote: »

Ninja has his plumbob light set to flirty so maybe an improvement in the romance system is in the cards? I'd be happy with that. (not gonna get my hopes up too high on any speculation, though)

I want that lamp where he get it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I’m certainly all for cars. Personally I’m not too pushed for better babies, but I do hope that they’ll be added in a free update for those who have been requesting them for such a long time. It’d be wonderful.

However. If the studio is indeed working on cars and babies, people will have to be extremely prepared for disappointment once they make it into the game. Not because they won’t be good, but an update like that will break your game, guaranteed.

From what I understand there are a lot of legacy players out there. Some have no doubt many babies in their households. And there’s the very popular 100 baby challenge of course.

You do need to realize that all those babies need to be replaced by something that is not an object. Those babies may lose their genetic code and their relationship with the rest of the family. Your family trees may get wiped out completely.

I believe this the very thing they’re struggling with in the studio. How to replace something without breaking every single save?

Some folks have one single save in their game and it’s 6 years old. At this time, is it worth losing that over a slightly better baby? Are you prepared to start all over again?
    If they are working on babies, this is why it takes so long. Every test their doing right now is probably corrupting the previous save and they’re still trying to figure out how to break as little as possible.

I would be okay with that
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    quinhobp wrote: »
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    tldr: there is no baby overhaul, no cars, no farming, and no bunkbeds coming with this upcoming expansion

Not Surprised about cars as that will most likely come in a Free Update. Atleast Farming has been ruled out so that's one less pack we have to speculate that could be EP 10.

so i'm hoping for a winter theme or hotel management xD

So am I but hotel management could come with the winter pack.

I'd settle for the ability to make any lot a rental lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    tldr: there is no baby overhaul, no cars, no farming, and no bunkbeds coming with this upcoming expansion

Baby overhaul, cars and bunkbeds should all be in a free update and not an expansion pack so I don't think this post rules those out at all. It does rule out farming though.

I'm really curious why everybody thinks that we get cars for free. To me this seems absurd. Usable cars were in the TS3 base game, but they are no traditional part of the franchise. We had to pay for them in TS2 Nightlife. If cars ever come, they will probably be part of a pack with a car world, like the boats in the boat world Sulani.

True. We had to pay for bikes through DU, so I wouldn’t be surprised if cars are exclusive to a pack.

Thing is, the pre-patch will need to ensure that cars can drive on the road.
    Bikes follow the same routing data as sims, they just ride on the footpath. For cars every world needs to be updated so a car can drive there. They can’t use the footpath. It’s would be mayhem. In that case a free update would make sense.

Unless the team takes the same direction as IL where a swimmable ocean is exclusive to Sulani. Which would be a huge disappointment, because I still feel that the inability to swim in brindelton bay or windenburg needs to be addressed.

The road is much closer to the sim’s home than the ocean, so being unable to drive in your sim’s own Neighborhood might even be more of a game breaker than being unable to swim in the sea.

There is a mod coming to swim in other worlds and Brendleton Bay is one of them.

Ninja has his plumbob light set to flirty so maybe an improvement in the romance system is in the cards? I'd be happy with that. (not gonna get my hopes up too high on any speculation, though)

He prolly knows how we will turn any slight hint into a pack and why would he post this picture with no caption if it wasn't a hint, he also posted a picture of star wars merchandise a week or 2 before the journey to batuu announcement. Im pretty sure we will get some romance themed content either an update or a pack.

His plumbob light is set to flirty and is posed in front of a picture of a couple and the lady is wearing a white dress. Now we need to figure out whether it's an EP, GP or SP. :lol:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Folks keep saying they want a romance pack but I don’t get what y’all think is missing to justify an entire pack theme devoted to it. It makes me curious though.

Lots
    Online Dating App
    Blind dates
    The Slow Dance
    Kiss types are lacking
    Chemistry and Attraction
    Turn on and turn offs
    Actual honeymoons with a destination
    Love letters

I could go on and on.

He prolly knows how we will turn any slight hint into a pack and why would he post this picture with no caption if it wasn't a hint, he also posted a picture of star wars merchandise a week or 2 before the journey to batuu announcement. Im pretty sure we will get some romance themed content either an update or a pack.

His plumbob light is set to flirty and is posed in front of a picture of a couple and the lady is wearing a white dress. Now we need to figure out whether it's an EP, GP or SP. :lol:

I think thats a tree
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited September 2020
    I’m actually super hyped for this. To know that they have done more or less all the ‘normal’ packs we could expect in a Sims game, as well as the confirmation that it’s not Farm related which has been a big ask in the community, leaves the door wide open for anything to be announced! Here’s hoping we end 2020 off nicely as there has been a lot of division regarding packs this year.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

maybe a expansion pack focus on hobbie, romance and relationship like hot date it is not impossible in fact, the recent update brought the possibility of getting married in other worlds (I didn't even know it was possible before) I suppose if we come we would have a mixed expansion in hot date and vacations? I would love to receive two worlds in the expansion, one for holidays and one for living. (perhaps with the expansion the possibility of turning a world into a vacation world without needing a mod?)

I think thats a tree

Lol. It's man's feet dressed in stockings, like in medieval times.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Folks keep saying they want a romance pack but I don’t get what y’all think is missing to justify an entire pack theme devoted to it. It makes me curious though.

Lots
    Online Dating App
    Blind dates
    The Slow Dance
    Kiss types are lacking
    Chemistry and Attraction
    Turn on and turn offs
    Love letters

I could go on and on.

Mind if I add to this?

- Cuddling in Bed
    - Cuddling while sleeping
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Sims 4 real estate
    Start out in a terrible rented house and end up owning every lot and getting daily rent
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    With all of that nonsense about spark'd and this little hint with the pink plumbob (they could have easily posted the generic green one everyone knows, pink was a choice in my opinion), getting married in vacation worlds being patched in and whatnot I should hope we're getting a romance themed pack.

Online dating, an attraction system of some sort (there are mods-like the mod that sounds like wicker whims, that add an attraction system, it can be done. I like my sims to be a little picky when it comes to love) new wedding dresses and tuxedos, slow dancing, being able to celebrate anniversaries, unrequited and normal crushes for teens and kids would be great additions.

Still hoping for a happy haunts pack in the future and a generations themed pack to help flesh out the other life stages. I'd also love a height slider. I just hate how everyone is the same height, especially teens.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

Lots
    Online Dating App
    Blind dates
    The Slow Dance
    Kiss types are lacking
    Chemistry and Attraction
    Turn on and turn offs
    Love letters

I could go on and on.

Hotels different lots to get married in.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2020
    I wonder if they might combine Hotels and Romance and put them together in one EP. The Hotel system could be the main draw of the pack. But another vacation world, right after Batuu - I don't know if they'd do that. I'm curious to find out more.
    Post edited by EliasVersace on
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member

A good way around this is to make “real” babies their own life stage separate from infants and then graduate them in.

After the update any household with an object baby still has an object baby, and when clicking on that baby you can choose between “Age up to toddler” or “Release from crib” (wording can change, but you get the vibe). Release from crib acts like an “age up” that turns them into the playable baby. If you do nothing the object baby will eventually age to toddler on their own.

And then all new babies are born free from the start, skipping the object stage.

This is still likely to break the game in some ways (not sure if the hospital births will be set up for this). But leaving current babies alone and making the new babies their own separate thing seems like the least broken way to do it.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited September 2020
    Wasn’t the hotels and winter activities survey back in January? That seems like the right time frame of early development for a pack coming out at the end of this year. They also DIDN’T rule out winter world when they went out of their way to rule out cars and farming.

If this next EP isn’t Winter World, I’m going to assume the one after is.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Romance pack was listed in the survey as a gamepack not expansion, has anyone forgotten that?

I'd love if its romance expansion but i think romance is too small for an expansion..
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    A romance pack would be great. It would be awesome if the heart shaped bed was brought back. For those saying how can it be an expansion in sims 1 we had hot date which was an expansion for dating. I think there is enough content, online/app dating like tinder, improved romance interactions, wedding stuff they could even include bachelor/bachelorette parties, a new romantic world to visit or live in, attraction system. Better cas underwear.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Romance pack was listed in the survey as a gamepack not expansion, has anyone forgotten that?

I'd love if its romance expansion but i think romance is too small for an expansion..

True but the eco lifestyle was voted for just as a stuff pack and it turned into an expansion so who knows
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I just hope that EP 10 is Occult based.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I don't think this expansion will be all about romance, but that romance will be a part of it.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020

A good way around this is to make “real” babies their own life stage separate from infants and then graduate them in.

After the update any household with an object baby still has an object baby, and when clicking on that baby you can choose between “Age up to toddler” or “Release from crib” (wording can change, but you get the vibe). Release from crib acts like an “age up” that turns them into the playable baby. If you do nothing the object baby will eventually age to toddler on their own.

And then all new babies are born free from the start, skipping the object stage.

This is still likely to break the game in some ways (not sure if the hospital births will be set up for this). But leaving current babies alone and making the new babies their own separate thing seems like the least broken way to do it.

That's a really great idea actually! It would probably have some bug issues but for the most part it seems like it would be a viable option. And the plus side to that would be for those players that hate babies and want to keep them as an object, would have the choice to do that.