Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Builders! Very Excited about the Windows update in the patch

13...Next

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    CC windows/doors are an absolute must for me. Peacemaker makes a ton of windows and doors that match the game pack windows, in various wall heights and different sizes all using the same texture so they fit cohesively in with EA's windows/doors.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I had no idea so many people use CC doors and windows until this patch.

I'm surprised at that, too. The only cc I have ever bothered with is clothing and hair, (although I did hunt for a more appropriate fireplace and/or stove) but only for the 18th century since one of my saves is set in that time zone. Now, if only I could keep those Sims from the computer and their phones! LOL

There aren’t really any glass doors for medium and tall walls, also windows that cast pretty shadows are lacking in those categories. Big glass windows that aren’t just plain are lacking (we got 3 almost identical plain ones, one base game, one from spa day and latest addition was in eco lifestyle)

I found the Moschino ones in medium size that I needed for my penthouse, now I use the original ones and stack them. Not really the same seamless result but it works.

I love the lighting in the game especially when it casts pretty shadows on the floor from the window patterns 😍

Are you aware of the windows that have many versions hidden in the swatches? I think default in catalog is blue glass with white framework. Might be from the City Living pack as they give me Casbah Gallery vibes :)

Ah yes I am :) the city living one has a weird glass colour plus the shadow it casts is the same pattern as the first swatch of patterns, so even if I take a swatch that is squares, the shadow is weird triangles.
    Honestly never used CC until two weeks ago except for one or two hairstyles 😅
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2020
    The only CC windows & doors I use are addons... Example:
    lookeraddons-items.png

This window update is great and I look forward to see how builders use it in the future. However, I'm holding off on this update. It will suck not having access to the Gallery but I won't be buying the next pack anytime soon. The bugs each patch day outweigh the fixes + bonuses unfortunately.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I’m very happy with this new window update.
    I rarely use cc doors and windows, so this patch doesn’t hurt me at all!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I haven't properly tested this feature out yet, but I'm very happy with it. There were so many times when I wanted to add a window above a door just so I could have doors as tall as the windows.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think it is a nice update, but I won't patch my game until the issues with CC and some of the other bugs are fixed. CC build items are a must for me.

In the spoiler tag is my main Sims' home and it just won't look right without CC windows and doors.
    xuhfEWo.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I think it is a nice update, but I won't patch my game until the issues with CC and some of the other bugs are fixed. CC build items are a must for me.

In the spoiler tag is my main Sims' home and it just won't look right without CC windows and doors.
    xuhfEWo.jpg

This is an amazing build @haneul !
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Uhm, curious. Does this mean that with the patch no existing cc doors/windows will ever work again?

I don't have many, but if so I would need to start replacing those I have used. I'll not patch my game in a while yet, so no stress, just would like to know if previous CC doors/windows should just be deleted?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Totally broke my game. hopefully the mod community can find a fix.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I read somewhere that it's fixable with a batch fix with the package extractor, sorry forgot it's name.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    After the patch.....Not using mods or cc at all but I've found one window, the stone framed window and the King of Diamonds stone framed door from GTW have nothing but the frame shown and no other details. I haven't found another problem with others yet. I built some walls to check them all out with all the packs. The arches looked ok.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I read somewhere that it's fixable with a batch fix with the package extractor, sorry forgot it's name.

Yes, Sims4Studio normally puts out a batch fix after patches and new packs that is very easy to do. But I've checked the last few days and there's still not one yet. I would imagine they are waiting until the actual game drops before implementing one.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    After the patch.....Not using mods or cc at all but I've found one window, the stone framed window and the King of Diamonds stone framed door from GTW have nothing but the frame shown and no other details. I haven't found another problem with others yet. I built some walls to check them all out with all the packs. The arches looked ok.

@Simburian you are correct, one door and two windows from Get Together are broken by the patch, there are bug reports for both.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/m-p/9467717#M154328
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GT-Stone-Frame-Holey-Geometry-Windows-broken/m-p/9468990#M154392
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, I've merged the other thread "Attention all builder" into this thread as the two discussions are one in the same and it's better to try and keep all the discussion together.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Simmerville go to the page where you downloaded that mod and check to see if the mod creator(s) updated the mod.

Since windows and doors are working differently now, I presume all CC doors and windows will need to be updated.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @Simmerville go to the page where you downloaded that mod and check to see if the mod creator(s) updated the mod.

Since windows and doors are working differently now, I presume all CC doors and windows will need to be updated.

Thanx. I don't have many, and I don't need CC doors an windows. But then i'll go replacing them before patching the game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg