Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does MOO slow down the game?

Hi, Simple question, does MOO move objects on houses slow the game down? I have loved the houses that have it in their description but have had to work so hard getting them playable it has frustrated me. I'm also wondering if they slow the game down?

Thanks

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    What is MOO? There are so many abbreviations on here that sometimes I have a hard time keeping up lol
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes, it can slow down the game.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    The cheat itself doesn't cause lag. It's what's done with it that can cause lag.
    For example if many objects (of the same type) are layered over one another with the cheat, you end up having a ridiculously high amount of objects in a really small space. If that is done with several MOO'd creations on a single lot, it will almost certainly cause lag.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited September 2020
    What is MOO? There are so many abbreviations on here that sometimes I have a hard time keeping up lol

Move objects on, place any object freely regardless if it fits on the grid or not
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member

Thanks for asking! In the gallery where I look for houses to download a lot of them say in the description to make sure to activate #MOO
    which is control + C on the keyboard,
    then in the box type testing cheats enabled
    then in the new box type move objects on

I'm not sure what it does but the creator of the houses use the cheat to place more than one item in a square in the game that only one item is supposed to be in.
    Hope this helps
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    OH that's what it is mean...and here I got excited there was a cow in TS4...

tenor.gif
    telmarina wrote: »

Thank You for answering that question, I have wondered. Its a shame its so popular because I think I will be missing out on some amazing houses.
    simplyzoe wrote: »

Thanks for asking! In the gallery where I look for houses to download a lot of them say in the description to make sure to activate #MOO
    which is control + C on the keyboard,
    then in the box type testing cheats enabled
    then in the new box type move objects on

I'm not sure what it does but the creator of the houses use the cheat to place more than one item in a square in the game that only one item is supposed to be in.
    Hope this helps

Thank you....now I get it
    OH that's what it is mean...and here I got excited there was a cow in TS4...

tenor.gif

Thanks so much for making me laugh! I miss cows too and we always call them moo moo's here
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

Thank You for answering that question, I have wondered. Its a shame its so popular because I think I will be missing out on some amazing houses.

I still use houses with moo anyway. But when i download a house i check if there are too much objects together and if so i delete some of them. I also delete some clutter.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The cheat is actually: bb.moveobjects and it doesn't require testing cheats enabled. It can slow things down, yes, and also lead to things being unroutable. I use it anyway, with caution.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    The cheat itself doesn’t slow the game down, but if you place too many objects in a build, it can. I play on a Mac and my most cluttered house, which is not even that cluttered, causes lag when I play this household.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I know that sometimes if I download a big mansion or large retail type of build that features an excessive amount of items in it. My game will also lag. The toys in the game is the biggest issue I see with that and I don't know why some builders go so crazy when adding so many of these tiny items. In fact, sometimes in unnecessary multiple stacks for visual effect. So once I remove at least some of them, it doesn't lag anymore.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It depends on how the cheat is used. If used sparsely, then no. If used absolutely on everything, then yes.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    It shouldn't do anything to your game by itself, but as others have said, since many people use MOO to place a ton of objects in a small space, there may be lag. The lag is caused by having many objects and not by the cheat, though.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yessss please avoid 🙏🏽

Move objects on, place any object freely regardless if it fits on the grid or not

I missed your comment earlier, thank you