Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What’s your favorite cake in the game?

Personally I’m partial to having my sims make chocolate cakes, but since honey cakes have come out I pick those most of the time for birthdays now. Do you pick your sims cake based on what you like? Or are you like ‘Dave like blue, so imma make that make a blue cake’ person?

Comments

• Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Bless this wholesome thread 🙌

I have a personal preference for how the blue confetti cake looks! But when it comes to getting my Sims to celebrate their birthdays, I definitely pick the one I think they'd like best 👍 That'd be the zombie cake for my Simself and her family 🧟‍♀️ But I try to mix it up with my different households!

Also I agree that the honey cakes are so awesome! I imagine they'd be disgustingly sweet, but that's right up my alley tbh.
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    Bless this wholesome thread 🙌

I have a personal preference for how the blue confetti cake looks! But when it comes to getting my Sims to celebrate their birthdays, I definitely pick the one I think they'd like best 👍 That'd be the zombie cake for my Simself and her family 🧟‍♀️ But I try to mix it up with my different households!

Also I agree that the honey cakes are so awesome! I imagine they'd be disgustingly sweet, but that's right up my alley tbh.

The blue cake is so cute, it’s actually hard to pick one cake lol I really think all the cakes, and food in general, look awesome in Sims 4! I love doing a whole spread for thanksgiving and weddings of foods I think the family (or host) would put out. The zombie cake and the Halloween foods they have are so on point.

If I could try anything from the sims 4 it would be the honey cake 100%, I’m down with the sweetness :D
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hamburger cake :)

edit to add: I do like the honey cake though. It's a second fav but my sims never make it because they either aren't that skilled or don't have the ingredients.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    hamburger...then strawberry!!
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2020
    I usually have my Sims bake a Winter Cake because I think it's pretty but I also have them bake either the Black and White or White and Black cakes depending on the household.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Winter is my favorite, though I feel weird having sims make it out of season. I usually alternate between chocolate, strawberry and confetti for birthdays, and white for weddings.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    The coconut cake, I think. Though sadly it's identical to the white cake. If it's just the birthday/wedding cake category we are talking. The zombie cake is awesome too.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I pretend that each kid has a favorite, that gets made as their (age up) birthday cake, and rotate among them.

But my favorite is ______'s Signature Cake, where a Sim has their cake that they are known for making the best.

I am not sure if that's from the cooking aspiration or the Culinary career - I tend to play those two together when I do.
  • Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    The coconut cake, I think. Though sadly it's identical to the white cake. If it's just the birthday/wedding cake category we are talking. The zombie cake is awesome too.

omg what is the coconut cake i think i've overlooked it so many times lol
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Mine is a toss up between the strawberry cake (mainly bc I love strawberries) or the winterfest cake. I make the winterfest cake (or the holiday cake-whatever its called) even when it isnt winterfest,lol.
  • Options
    mogshazmogshaz Posts: 24 Member
    Strawberry, always.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »

omg what is the coconut cake i think i've overlooked it so many times lol

Well, you could easily have looked at a white cake on the recipe list without realizing it actually was the coconut one. They look the same, but I think coconut cake is unlocked at a higher level.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Caaaaake! I like all the cake! I like the apple pie and fruit cobbler too!
    Except the fruit cake, I don't like fruit cake. lolol
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Caaaaake! I like all the cake! I like the apple pie and fruit cobbler too!
    Except the fruit cake, I don't like fruit cake. lolol

The fruitcake gets left outside where it belongs.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited September 2020
    Chocolate cake all the way!

Edit: Oh no how could I forget about cheesecake? :weary:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I do chocolate for my baby boys, cause my brothers all love chocolate and I can only have very little of Chocolate before I can’t handle it no more. Strawberry for my baby girls cause I enjoy strawberries and they hate fruits for some reason. The blue confetti for either one when one of them wants something different. Very rarely the plain vanilla one. I never made the honey one
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I alternate between the winter, honey or coconut cake. I like the details on the winter cake. For some reason the winter cake following a meal of crown roast sounds very good to me in RL.
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    i do appreciate the numerous cake options. Only wish there were different styles.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    With seasons I like to create birthdays using the holiday system for my sims through different seasons depending on their characteristics like my punk daughter birthday is in October so I use a zombie cake for her & the mom birthday is in autumn so hers is carrot cake (my favorite) & the dad birthday is summer so I use a lava cake for him. I throw them all a party but I don’t age them up. They just eat the cake & sing happy birthday. (Because in real life you dont go from being 16 to 20 in one day lol).
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Winter cake. It looks so pretty.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Hamburger cake!!!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Boys get the blue cake, girls the pink cake.

By the way, is there any point in desserts in this game?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I personally love the look of the winter cake. It depends on the sim what cake they'll get in their birthday though.
    I'm not a fan of the hamburger cake. And I always seem to forget about the zombie cake, as well as any cakes from the baking skill. But I did recently build a bakery that has all the possible cakes, so maybe that'll help.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Fruit cake! I love having sims who like it. :p

When baking my sims, and me in real life as well, usually go for chocolate.
    Hmmmm... Chocolate.
    Can't beat the simple classic.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Boys get the blue cake, girls the pink cake.

By the way, is there any point in desserts in this game?

Exactly. My sims rarely bake any cakes because then they would eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Same in restaurants, they can't have both a meal and dessert as they gain weight so quickly. I do like the coconut cake though.