Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Six years later: Are you happy with where TS4 is going?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    No, they're lacking in depth
    Justin wrote: »
    Will can you come back please?sis needs some help. Thanks 0G7HO4y.jpg
    I think this picture made the Sims anniversary even better. I think EA burned too many bridges with him, but I wish.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes, lot of content!
    LiELF wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Now if I could only feel as confident about how Bloodlines 2 is going to come out. :D
    So_Money wrote: »
    Yeah, lol, my confidence is plummeting there. It’s a shame too because Bloodlines is one of my all-time favorites. Hopefully they surprise everyone but it ain’t looking good.

What is going on with Bloodlines 2? All I know is that they pushed back the release date on it so that. But Cyperpunk 2077's release date was pushed back too before? Is there something else?

There was a delay in the spring. That's not a big deal; it happens all the time. But a few weeks ago they announced a second delay and then immediately fired both the game director and the lead writer, the latter of which was the lead on the first game. Obviously that's a sign of problems in development, and so I'm pretty apprehensive about what we're going to get. To be fair, I was previously a little concerned that what we were going to get was going to be too action-y and not RPG-y enough for my tastes, but now I think it we'll be fortunate if the game is not a total mess.

It's interesting because for the V5 edition of tabletop, they fired most of the writers for that too, shortly after the release of the core book, due in part to a faux pas in writing a segment of the fictional world of, I think, the Camarilla source book, which was pulled and corrected. And Mark Rein-Hagen had rejoined the team for V5 so he was ousted too. Now with Bloodlines suddenly following the same pattern, I feel a queasy distrust for Paradox.

I can understand some language changing with the times -- it was indeed the Camarilla book -- but I think the wholesale dismissal was a terrible idea. The sad thing is that I was so happy when Paradox bought White Wolf from CCP, but I almost wish that they hadn't. Sometimes I think that the IPs sitting there collecting dust would be better than all of this.

I'm really surprised to see so many White Wolf enthusiasts here. That's awesome.

I was happy to find out too. Now, not so sure. It seemed to me like an excessive move for one mistake before the physical copy released.

But yeah, several White Wolves here! Maybe that can be the next crossover. World of Darkness!

I wish.

Oh man, a Sims 4: WoD EP would perhaps be the greatest thing of all time. It can even have werewolves and an overhaul of the spellcasters. Maybe even give us vampire clans and a masquerade mechanic. Get caught feeding and it's a problem.

That's it, I have to stop, I'm never going to get to sleep if I keep getting excited.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes, but they're lacking in depth
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Now if I could only feel as confident about how Bloodlines 2 is going to come out. :D
    Yeah, lol, my confidence is plummeting there. It’s a shame too because Bloodlines is one of my all-time favorites. Hopefully they surprise everyone but it ain’t looking good.

What is going on with Bloodlines 2? All I know is that they pushed back the release date on it so that. But Cyperpunk 2077's release date was pushed back too before? Is there something else?

There was a delay in the spring. That's not a big deal; it happens all the time. But a few weeks ago they announced a second delay and then immediately fired both the game director and the lead writer, the latter of which was the lead on the first game. Obviously that's a sign of problems in development, and so I'm pretty apprehensive about what we're going to get. To be fair, I was previously a little concerned that what we were going to get was going to be too action-y and not RPG-y enough for my tastes, but now I think it we'll be fortunate if the game is not a total mess.

It's interesting because for the V5 edition of tabletop, they fired most of the writers for that too, shortly after the release of the core book, due in part to a faux pas in writing a segment of the fictional world of, I think, the Camarilla source book, which was pulled and corrected. And Mark Rein-Hagen had rejoined the team for V5 so he was ousted too. Now with Bloodlines suddenly following the same pattern, I feel a queasy distrust for Paradox.

I can understand some language changing with the times -- it was indeed the Camarilla book -- but I think the wholesale dismissal was a terrible idea. The sad thing is that I was so happy when Paradox bought White Wolf from CCP, but I almost wish that they hadn't. Sometimes I think that the IPs sitting there collecting dust would be better than all of this.

I'm really surprised to see so many White Wolf enthusiasts here. That's awesome.

I was happy to find out too. Now, not so sure. It seemed to me like an excessive move for one mistake before the physical copy released.

But yeah, several White Wolves here! Maybe that can be the next crossover. World of Darkness!

I wish.

Oh man, a Sims 4: WoD EP would perhaps be the greatest thing of all time. It can even have werewolves and an overhaul of the spellcasters. Maybe even give us vampire clans and a masquerade mechanic. Get caught feeding and it's a problem.

That's it, I have to stop, I'm never going to get to sleep if I keep getting excited.

Oh my, you're usually so calm and restrained. Who are you? 😆

But that would definitely be my passion project if I were a dev. But a WoD simulator would be magnificent. Should we pitch it to Paradox?
    #Team Occult
    Yes, lot of content!

I wish.

But that would definitely be my passion project if I were a dev. But a WoD simulator would be magnificent. Should we pitch it to Paradox?

:D

What can I say? You found my weakness -- tabletop RPGs.

I wish.

:D

What can I say? You found my weakness -- tabletop RPGs.

Nice. 😁
    #Team Occult
    edited September 2020
    I kind of wish Sims 4 did have more tabletop games. I love playing Clue. "It's MYSHUNO!" was such a fun game in the Sims 2.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited September 2020
    Yes, lot of content!
    Scobre wrote: »
    I kind of wish Sims 4 did have more tabletop games. I love playing Clue. "It's MYSHUNO!" was such a fun game in the Sims 2.

I've been wanting tabletop play for my sims since The Sims 2. I think it's an activity that they could implement pretty easily. Just give them a DM screen they can put in their inventories, or even implement it via the current card table. Keep it generic, and don't even call it DM so that Wizards of the Coast's lawyers don't descend upon EA like the tide. Very doable.

I've been wanting tabletop play for my sims since The Sims 2. I think it's an activity that they could implement pretty easily. Just give them a DM screen they can put in their inventories, or even implement it via the current card table. Keep it generic, and don't even call it DM so that Wizards of the Coast's lawyers don't descend upon EA like the tide. Very doable.
    Yeah it could. More card games would be fun to have too. Just group activities in general I love with Sims. Puzzles with that table would be fun to do too. It would be pretty funny if Sims played the Game of Life together too.

They could just use the Game Master (or GM) term. I've played a Star Wars tabletop that was a blast (haha) so they could put that in the game (hint devs!) or even just make up their own.
    #Team Occult
    Yes, lot of content!

They could just use the Game Master (or GM) term. I've played a Star Wars tabletop that was a blast (haha) so they could put that in the game (hint devs!) or even just make up their own.

Was that the Edge of the Empire module? I have heard a lot of people say good things about that one.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yes, lot of content!
    I feel that players just want more drama when they say they want more depth. I guess I don't want either drama or depth. If I want drama I will create it and bring it into my story. It's called playing the the game. I want to play the game without annoying pop ups and other things that dictate to me how to play or steer my game play into another direction. Sometimes I just want to build, create Sims and tell stories without my Sim getting abducted (glad they fixed that) or dying because they are having a fun time.

I want to play the game. I don't want the game to play me.

Then sometimes I want my Sim to have an alien baby but I can't get the aliens to come and abduct my Sim. I don't want cause and effect from the game unless I create it. The aliens might eventually show up if I do certain things because I want them to come. I don't want them forced upon my Sims. It's called playing the game. I tried the Slice of Life mod and ended up removing it. It's just too much drama for me. I raised 3 sons and none of them died on the sidewalk because they got embarrassed at school by a pimple. No ones dies in my game or ages unless I want them to do so. I have over 5200 hours played and I am not stopping anytime soon unless the Sims 5 comes out.

I want them to fix the bugs and give us more options with future packs. They did it right with EL. An example is Parenthood. I should have more options. In options I want to toggle off ask for advice and the character value popups. I already know how to raise and lower them and I don't want the game giving/taking points away randomly. I want to control the values myself. I don't like that the game keeps doing it for me.

I am fairly impressed with The Sims 4. There are things I dislike. I am certain that there are more things that I enjoy though. I just wish everything worked the way it was meant to work. They need to squash the bugs. I think it is better than any other version that I have played and I played them all. IMO This version is not missing anything because it's not finished. When the game is finished and not getting updated anymore then I will comment if I think anything was missing. For now it's good and I am happy with it.

Was that the Edge of the Empire module? I have heard a lot of people say good things about that one.

I want to say yes? But it was a couple of years ago and the game was run by a friend so I can't say for sure. The Force was a really cool mechanic. There were a few tokens that had black on one side, white on the other. The players could "spend" a light side force token to influence an action. But that turned it over to "dark". The GM could spend the "dark" tokens to mess with the players, but that would switch them back to "light", and so on.

Great balance of The Force.
    #Team Occult
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes, lot of content!
    All in all, yes, I'm happy with it. Sure, there are some annoying bugs and glitches that's been around which I don't get why they haven't fixed yet. This is the only Sims game where I can't do something as simple as ordering pizza, and I miss cops and burglars as much as the next person, but that's nitpicking. I'm enjoying the game and look forward to the upcoming GP. :)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    In between. Some things about the games progression I'm happy about (Island Living, Vampires, Dine Out, etc) but the game leaves a lot to be desired for me. I still want the rest of the occults and more international vacation worlds badly. (Atleast give us a Japanese world :s )

I wish they'd focus on finishing the occults rather than pushing out weird niche packs like EL and Star Wars. Give existing players what they want and then bring out the experimental packs.
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yes, lot of content!
    I was feeling dissapointed about ts3 as much as most of you are upset with ts4, so i am happy with ts4 gameplay, but ofc i can see flaws and places for improvment but for me today ts4 is much better game than ts3 ever was
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes, lot of content!
    Onverser wrote: »
    In between. Some things about the games progression I'm happy about (Island Living, Vampires, Dine Out, etc) but the game leaves a lot to be desired for me. I still want the rest of the occults and more international vacation worlds badly
    I can't help but worry that the game can't handle everything that we still want and what obscene amount of bugs it may bring with it. I'm unsure if we can hope to receive as much additional content as was released for Sims 3. Sims 3 can barely run everything - Late Night and Island Paradise really make it cough in particular due to severe routing issues that were never fixed. Maybe it is better to wait until Sims 5 with some of the things we'd like...I don't know. Maybe I worry too much :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    In between. Some things about the games progression I'm happy about (Island Living, Vampires, Dine Out, etc) but the game leaves a lot to be desired for me. I still want the rest of the occults and more international vacation worlds badly
    I can't help but worry that the game can't handle everything that we still want and what obscene amount of bugs it may bring with it.

I agree. I don’t think it can handle everything. It already seems to be buckling under its own weight. That’s why I think they should prioritize fixes before adding any more content.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I can't help but worry that the game can't handle everything that we still want and what obscene amount of bugs it may bring with it. I'm unsure if we can hope to receive as much additional content as was released for Sims 3. Sims 3 can barely run everything - Late Night and Island Paradise really make it cough in particular due to severe routing issues that were never fixed. Maybe it is better to wait until Sims 5 with some of the things we'd like...I don't know. Maybe I worry too much :)

It's already showing with the amount of bugs we received, if they still want to invest in developing dozens of pack for their next game I think they should look for another game engine.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    No not really. I was enjoying it for a while but lately I've really awakened to it's many flaws. It's very lacking in a lot of ways. I've been playing the Sims 3 this last week and even though the graphics are not quite as pretty as in the Sims 4 I'm finding it a lot more fun game play wise. I'm very much enjoying all the randomness of it and over all AI is just so much better despite lacking the multitasking feature of the Sims 4.

Sims 4 is like a neglected spoiled child. It needs some love from it's parents but all it ever gets is more toys that spoil it even more.

You couldn't have articulated it better. My thoughts exactly. I used it enjoy it until about a year ago or so, when I began noticing its many flaws and lackluster gameplay quite vividly. I do hope some better packs are on the horizon, but maybe it's time to move on to The Sims 5.
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Yes, lot of content!
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    When I first started playing the sims 4 when it first came out I was very hopeful & imagined all these things they would add & the possibilities. The problem for me isn’t so much the packs (besides eco & tiny living because that should of all been 1 expansion pack & the fact that in the previous titles we did get more for our bucks) but the fact we don’t have real in depth gameplay elements. No real consequences, no fear (and emotions were the selling point of the sims 4), everything is too pitch perfect & feels childish at this point. I love the sims I truly do & I don’t hate it but I disagree with how the direction is going. I want to hope that moving forward things will get better & all these bugs & core things that should of been in the game get addressed soon. If not, I have paralives to look forward to. That $20 I would of spent on this upcoming pack is going towards that company. Will it feel the void of the sims? I doubt it. But it will mean Competition for the sims team & maybe then they will listen to the players that are being vocal about their disappointment.

This!

https://youtu.be/pQjzyPYovdU

If you watch the reveal video on the end. You see a woman smacking her boyfriend's cheek and another woman quickly snatching her boyfriend.

Where is that drama? I don't see it in game.

Misleading trailers, especially for the base game, are a Sims staple haha. Check out the trailer for Sims 2.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think they need to make a very quick u-turn about right here and start adding those ts2 systems, gameplay and ts1 nostalgia back in
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Can't confirm as I'm waiting for more DLCs they could make
    It's way better than it was back in 2014. It's also wackiest, crazier & funnier now.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2020
    No.

Six years in, and as far as I can tell, the sims are still shallow. The game has a lot more content, yes, but the sims themselves are still about as deep as a 1-foot pool of water.
    Felicity wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be nice if we actually could have our sims slap each other like that? They took it out because it was considered abusive, yet it's in their trailer.
    But sims can still fight, so what was the purpose in removing slapping?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    When I first started playing the sims 4 when it first came out I was very hopeful & imagined all these things they would add & the possibilities. The problem for me isn’t so much the packs (besides eco & tiny living because that should of all been 1 expansion pack & the fact that in the previous titles we did get more for our bucks) but the fact we don’t have real in depth gameplay elements. No real consequences, no fear (and emotions were the selling point of the sims 4), everything is too pitch perfect & feels childish at this point. I love the sims I truly do & I don’t hate it but I disagree with how the direction is going. I want to hope that moving forward things will get better & all these bugs & core things that should of been in the game get addressed soon. If not, I have paralives to look forward to. That $20 I would of spent on this upcoming pack is going towards that company. Will it feel the void of the sims? I doubt it. But it will mean Competition for the sims team & maybe then they will listen to the players that are being vocal about their disappointment.

This!

https://youtu.be/pQjzyPYovdU

If you watch the reveal video on the end. You see a woman smacking her boyfriend's cheek and another woman quickly snatching her boyfriend.

Where is that drama? I don't see it in game.

@FlyingPotato659 specially when the game released and no one felt jealousy. Now, they kinda feel jealous depending on how good your game is feeling towards you that day.