Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Six years later: Are you happy with where TS4 is going?

Hope this poll will help the gurus to rethink this decision

Six years later: Are you happy with where TS4 is going? 218 votes

Yes, lot of content!
16%
Akl500PIcewolfJueJueTheSpotted_Cmcruddstilljustme2MissyHissysmurf45blueRamblineRoseDaraviGracieO312SindocatAnnLee87ElectraRaiEnkiSchmidtImSandsStutumFlapFaberriesKriticalKlown 36 votes
No, they're lacking in depth
72%
auroraael14CK213catmom1987Goldmoldarwinkeljohn78verlainemfififoofoo2123alexspoom13altad1Cabelle1863sims2freak737Colorist40suetoopNianakeekee53BloosmoobabajayneSageRainWillowCynnaNadja55 158 votes
Can't confirm as I'm waiting for more DLCs they could make
11%
Sara1010PIceyJWrenryelemmeleelanorbretonwickichickfriendlysimmersIObelleJestTruBabykittyjadeblueyblueskyannaliese39catmando830CeridwenHopeyStarrAugustobirdonawireGamingTweetysmurfy77SERVERFRA 24 votes

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Doesn't the second option go hand in hand with the third?
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    When I first started playing the sims 4 when it first came out I was very hopeful & imagined all these things they would add & the possibilities. The problem for me isn’t so much the packs (besides eco & tiny living because that should of all been 1 expansion pack & the fact that in the previous titles we did get more for our bucks) but the fact we don’t have real in depth gameplay elements. No real consequences, no fear (and emotions were the selling point of the sims 4), everything being too pitch perfect & feels childish at this point. I love the sims I truly do & I don’t hate it but I disagree with how the direction is going. I want to hope that moving forward things will get better & all these bugs & core things that should of been in the game get addressed soon. If not, I have paralives to look forward to. That $20 I would of spent on this upcoming pack is going towards that company. Will it fill the void of the sims? I doubt it. But it will mean Competition for the sims team & maybe then they will listen to the players that are being vocal about their disappointment.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

It was more of I'm no longer supporting the TS4 the way its going.

Some people still want to give the sims 4 a chance
    Justin wrote: »
    When I first started playing the sims 4 when it first came out I was very hopeful & imagined all these things they would add & the possibilities. The problem for me isn’t so much the packs (besides eco & tiny living because that should of all been 1 expansion pack & the fact that in the previous titles we did get more for our bucks) but the fact we don’t have real in depth gameplay elements. No real consequences, no fear (and emotions were the selling point of the sims 4), everything is too pitch perfect & feels childish at this point. I love the sims I truly do & I don’t hate it but I disagree with how the direction is going. I want to hope that moving forward things will get better & all these bugs & core things that should of been in the game get addressed soon. If not, I have paralives to look forward to. That $20 I would of spent on this upcoming pack is going towards that company. Will it feel the void of the sims? I doubt it. But it will mean Competition for the sims team & maybe then they will listen to the players that are being vocal about their disappointment.

This!

https://youtu.be/pQjzyPYovdU

If you watch the reveal video on the end. You see a woman smacking her boyfriend's cheek and another woman quickly snatching her boyfriend.

Where is that drama? I don't see it in game.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes, lot of content!
    I don't know, honestly. If it is supposed to be long running, then I definitely feel there are things that need to be addressed. If its life is at an end, and not much else is in store new content-wise, then I don't really care. It's just a lost cause then, and one can only hope the next iteration will be more thought through.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Nope, I went back to Sims 3 way less expansion and stuff packs, but so much more depth in the game. I don't even need the expansion packs for it to be playable and I never brought stuff packs. It's also the little things that I realized I missed. No amount of new DLCs will bring the heart that was left in Sims 3 to Sims 4 IMO.
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    the fact that i can’t have my sim be a villain is the depth i need lmao. i have her go up to people and insult their house, their yard, and mock their outfit but with autonomy on they just go into joking and laughing with each other...makes no sense
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes, lot of content!
    I'd say that the things I really care about in The Sims -- weather, pets and vampires -- have been provided to me in ways that are actually better than previous installations. I'm more than satisfied with The Sims 4.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It is a millennial stereotype Simulator right now.
    the fact that i can’t have my sim be a villain is the depth i need lmao. i have her go up to people and insult their house, their yard, and mock their outfit but with autonomy on they just go into joking and laughing with each other...makes no sense

You know what's funny. They removed toddlers on release because they wanted to "focus on sims personalities in depth"

Clearly they lied.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited September 2020
    The game is too limited. It can barely be a life simulator, and now they want it to be a storyteller tool and an adventure simulator...

What does Maxis even want to do with this game? Support it until 2026? Am I just supposed to keep buying packs forever?

Because I am not going to.
    edited September 2020
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

It was more of I'm no longer supporting the TS4 the way its going.

Some people still want to give the sims 4 a chance

Yea but I still kind of feel it's the same, like I'm waiting till it gets its crap together with future releases but I'm also not supporting it atm.

Anyways, I (obvs seen by the tag by my name lol) voted for the second.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    It is a millennial stereotype Simulator right now.

Not even lol.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    When I first started playing the sims 4 when it first came out I was very hopeful & imagined all these things they would add & the possibilities. The problem for me isn’t so much the packs (besides eco & tiny living because that should of all been 1 expansion pack & the fact that in the previous titles we did get more for our bucks) but the fact we don’t have real in depth gameplay elements. No real consequences, no fear (and emotions were the selling point of the sims 4), everything is too pitch perfect & feels childish at this point. I love the sims I truly do & I don’t hate it but I disagree with how the direction is going. I want to hope that moving forward things will get better & all these bugs & core things that should of been in the game get addressed soon. If not, I have paralives to look forward to. That $20 I would of spent on this upcoming pack is going towards that company. Will it feel the void of the sims? I doubt it. But it will mean Competition for the sims team & maybe then they will listen to the players that are being vocal about their disappointment.

This!

If you watch the reveal video on the end. You see a woman smacking her boyfriend's cheek and another woman quickly snatching her boyfriend.

The only drama we get is when we see our sims washing dishes in the bathroom rather then the kitchen sink.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes, lot of content!

You know what's funny. They removed toddlers on release because they wanted to "focus on sims personalities in depth"

Clearly they lied.

Could they really have meant 'identity'? It's very possible to build up a detailed identity based on career, hobbies, outfits and whatnot.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    Can't confirm as I'm waiting for more DLCs they could make
    I get a lot of enjoyment out of playing Sims 4. That being said it isn't my favorite of the series, in fact it is my least favorite. I regretted buying the base game when it first came out, I was hesitant and should have gone with my first impression to not get it, but I didn't. I do believe it has improved a great deal since then, and as I said, I get a lot of enjoyment out of it now, but as to whether I like the direction it is taking now, I will have to wait to see what else they have in store for future packs. I am not talking about the improvement of personalities and freeing babies and all that, as far as I am concerned that stuff should already be in the game and it needs to come in a free patch, not a paid for pack. I will watch what they do from this point on and see.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    The more recent packs are lacking more and more depth and I don't think any future packs is gonna be any better.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited September 2020
    Double post
    Nindigo wrote: »

Clearly they lied.

Could they really have meant 'identity'? It's very possible to build up a detailed identity based on career, hobbies, outfits and whatnot.

Even after your apology in another thread. Still dismissive I see. :disappointed:
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes, lot of content!

Clearly they lied.

Even after your apology in another thread. Still dismissive I see. :disappointed:

All they did was disagree with you in very mild terms.
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    It started out lacking in depth, and I appreciate it for what it is. I've enjoyed my time playing it, but honestly I am ready for them to (hopefully) learn from the feedback and head into Sims 5 with a fresh mission statement. It's not my favorite in the series. I wish that there had been more passion and care behind a lot of the packs, but it is what it is, and I've been loyal because it's been the only game of its type to really shine.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No not really. I was enjoying it for a while but lately I've really awakened to it's many flaws. It's very lacking in a lot of ways. I've been playing the Sims 3 this last week and even though the graphics are not quite as pretty as in the Sims 4 I'm finding it a lot more fun game play wise. I'm very much enjoying all the randomness of it and over all AI is just so much better despite lacking the multitasking feature of the Sims 4.

Sims 4 is like a neglected spoiled child. It needs some love from it's parents but all it ever gets is more toys that spoil it even more.
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member

Clearly they lied.

i see your point, i do think personality would play into a concept of identity though. personality is lacking not only in few traits (and only choosing 3) but even in Sims 2 if two sims didn’t like each other, they wouldn’t have random interactions of laughing, joking, playing games, etc. i mean my sim currently has a declared enemy and the enemy just came over to my sims house to hangout - i was like what is this??
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Clearly they lied.

All they did was disagree with you in very mild terms.

They didn't disagree agree with me on mild terms. They dismissed my feedback on multiple threads.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

This!

Wouldn't it be nice if we actually could have our sims slap each other like that? They took it out because it was considered abusive, yet it's in their trailer.