Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll - I have been thinking about Journey To Batuu.

Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
I have been thinking pretty hard about the new GP coming out on the 8th of September, and right now I am starting to lean toward not buying it, at least not at release, perhaps at a discount at least until I can see a livestream or some GC videos, even they seem at best lukewarm (pun not intended) about it actually.

Which leads me to a question that I didn't know where else to ask as I don't want to encourage negativity on someone's positive thread, and I don't want to start a Guru/dev bashing session on other threads because I really think this isn't their fault, and why is the lead in to my question. Since the pack was announced this is almost the only guru tweet to be found relating to the pack and the announcement.

The tone of this suggests that even the gurus knew what was going to happen following the announcement, and that this wasn't at all going to be received well. In fact you don't see the usual "give it a chance" tweets, there's literally nothing and the pack releases in 8 days. The gurus/devs have apparently been driven deep underground, they aren't even tweeting pics of pets and family it's really weird. So, taking all of this into account do you think there will be a livestream, or are they going to just slap this pack onto Origin/Steam the way the lunch lady serves mashed potatoes?

Poll - I have been thinking about Journey To Batuu. 71 votes

Yes, they will announce a livestream soon.
47%
KamioicmnfrshIceyJAllearsLadyMariketaIsb917elemmeleSimQueenie9Mariefoxprice83cchant86Isa_Menezescatloverplayersmurf45bluetaydevFlexono1DoloresGreyOnverserEnkiSchmidtMidnightAuraSheepiling 34 votes
No, they will skip it this time due to the poor reception of the announcement.
36%
jeepjeepcatalexspoom13Colorist40CamkatAuroraBoreallisSimCarlexDJQ1308gothprincess4everBabykittyjadeHarukotyanhalloweenchildbixtersSakuske1pammiechickMaggieMarleyjennihopeOldeseadoggeHorrorgirl6Pamtastic72FurSimsOfficial 26 votes
Other, please explain.
15%
Cabelle1863SimburianhaneulTeeSeaChampandGirlieLisamango0texxx78MDianaSimsJustinPeralRavenSpit 11 votes

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I personally believe this pack will likely just be released on release day, with little to no fanfare whatsoever.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other, please explain.
    They will continue to act like nothing happened & ignore it just like they ignore us. Unless we’re “game changers”, they don’t give two cents on how some of us feel or actually want. However if they do a livestream I look forward to the comments.
    Justin wrote: »
    They will continue to act like nothing happened & ignore it just like they ignore us. Unless we’re “game changers”, they don’t give two cents on how some of us feel or actually want. However if they do a livestream I look forward to the comments.

Most of the game changers reaction to it was as I said lukewarm at best, and many out and out said they don't want it. That's why I am wondering if it will just get released without pomp and circumstance, because even the GCs seem really underwhelmed.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other, please explain.

Most of the game changers reaction to it was as I said lukewarm at best, and many out and out said they don't want it. That's why I am wondering if it will just get released without pomp and circumstance, because even the GCs seem really underwhelmed.

At the end of the day they’re paid to push the agenda of EA. They aren’t paid to say what they want to say. I would really like to see what has game changers really brought for us. What have they done to make the game better? Naming cow plants? Adding more BB objects? Why not in game depth? Gameplay value? Most of the gamechangers don’t really play the actual game & only the build mode. A lot of these game changers videos thumbnails are bait clicks to look like they’re disappointed when they just tippy toe & defend the pack. Maybe this week they will post videos for EA saying how they like this pack & push it down on the community to purchase it because that’s what they’re suppose to do.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    When do they announce/make livestreams usually? i only ever followed news of the nk one and i think it happened a week or so before release so i was a little surprised they haven't set a date for this one yet. Did they release packs without a prior livestream before? i could see them maybe skipping it if that was the case.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I wish they would do a stream though :( I am so looking forward to this and desperate for more info.

At the end of the day they’re paid to push the agenda of EA. They aren’t paid to say what they want to say. I would really like to see what has game changers really brought for us. What have they done to make the game better? Naming cow plants? Adding more BB objects? Why not in game depth? Gameplay value? Most of these game changers videos thumbnails are bait clicks to look like they’re disappointed when they just tippy toe & defend the pack.

Game Changers aren't paid per se, I mean they're compensated somewhat by getting free packs, and some trips which from what I understand they actually put out a fair amount of their own money for outside of hotel and airfare. But they don't receive a regular paycheck from EA.

I sub to a lot of them on YouTube and out of the 20-30 reaction videos I have seen, the most strong positive reaction has been James Turner, everyone else at best has said they will give it a chance, and quite a few have outright said if they weren't being given a copy to review they wouldn't buy it.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited August 2020
    A Guru/dev bashing thread?
    You can be critical of this pack without even mentioning the devs. The two aren’t exclusive.

I think EA leaked the information on purpose early to prepare the fans. I think there will be a live stream. Because that’s their chance to show off the pack and turn peoples opinions around. But I do think most of the pack promotions will be dumped on the game changers.
    Mareah wrote: »
    When do they announce/make livestreams usually? i only ever followed news of the nk one and i think it happened a week or so before release so i was a little surprised they haven't set a date for this one yet. Did they release packs without a prior livestream before? i could see them maybe skipping it if that was the case.

Usually by now we'd have a gameplay trailer, and a livestream announcement, especially with the announcement being so close to the release date.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    Deleted. I got confused lol
    You can be critical of this pack without even mentioning the devs. The two aren’t exclusive.

I think EA leaked the information on purpose early to prepare the fans. I think there will be a live stream. Because that’s their chance to show off the pack and turn peoples opinions around. But I do think most of the pack promotions will be dumped on the game changers.

Some of the threads that aren't so much in favor of this theme for the pack attract those who want to launch personal attacks on the game devs, I do not want to contribute to that because I genuinely believe that they really do try to listen to what we want and advocate for it. But due to corporate structure the final decision on what we do or do not get likely doesn't rest with them. I know they aren't exclusive, there is an element of this community however for whom that is not true.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Some of the threads that aren't so much in favor of this theme for the pack attract those who want to launch personal attacks on the game devs, I do not want to contribute to that because I genuinely believe that they really do try to listen to what we want and advocate for it. But due to corporate structure the final decision on what we do or do not get likely doesn't rest with them. I know they aren't exclusive, there is an element of this community however for whom that is not true.

To be fair, I haven’t saw that. I have saw a lot of criticism directed at EA and I think that’s deserved.

The devs I imagine will promote the pack, they have always done so and I would be very surprised if this time they didn’t.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yeah, I suppose it's weird how silent they are on it. I assumed it was just because they were receiving so many negative comments from players but maybe it is more the case that they weren't in support of this pack either and don't want to promote it. Who knows. I think they'll still do a livestream at some point, it's still only been a few days since the trailer
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Livestreams are usually after the patch or the day of, so if there is one, it would be late this week and announced by tomorrow, probably. There's definitely still time for a gameplay trailer too. But I wouldn't be surprised if things are different this time because it would all also need approval from the other brand. That might put the kibosh on a developer livestream in particular.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I live close to Orlando. Disney does what Disney wants and they make sure anybody who does business with them does exactly and only what Disney wants too.
    Livestreams are usually after the patch or the day of, so if there is one, it would be late this week and announced by tomorrow, probably. There's definitely still time for a gameplay trailer too. But I wouldn't be surprised if things are different this time because it would all also need approval from the other brand. That might put the kibosh on a developer livestream in particular.

I never considered this, but it does make sense, Disney rules it’s kingdom with an iron fist.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I have been thinking pretty hard about the new GP coming out on the 8th of September, and right now I am starting to lean toward not buying it, at least not at release, perhaps at a discount at least until I can see a livestream or some GC videos, even they seem at best lukewarm (pun not intended) about it actually.

Which leads me to a question that I didn't know where else to ask as I don't want to encourage negativity on someone's positive thread, and I don't want to start a Guru/dev bashing session on other threads because I really think this isn't their fault, and why is the lead in to my question. Since the pack was announced this is almost the only guru tweet to be found relating to the pack and the announcement.

The tone of this suggests that even the gurus knew what was going to happen following the announcement, and that this wasn't at all going to be received well. In fact you don't see the usual "give it a chance" tweets, there's literally nothing and the pack releases in 8 days. The gurus/devs have apparently been driven deep underground, they aren't even tweeting pics of pets and family it's really weird. So, taking all of this into account do you think there will be a livestream, or are they going to just slap this pack onto Origin/Steam the way the lunch lady serves mashed potatoes?

Yes there will be a Livestream and most likely Wednesday so they can discuss what new stuff will be coming in the patch for the base game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

If anything that makes it even more likely a LS will come out so they can change some people's mind into purchasing.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited September 2020
    I hope there will be livestream later this week. I really want to know more about the pack.
    However, even if I liked the livestream, I won't buy the pack on release day this time. I need to see the actual gameplay and how it works with other packs and it can't be seen on livestream. Also I want to know what kind of bugs the pack will bring this time, maybe something to avoid.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    It's hard to say with this one. I automatically expected a livestream, but now I'm doubting it because of the backlash and Disney's involvement. If they do it I think it'll be this Wednesday, but how would they deal with all of the negative comments in the chat? Maybe they'll do a more controlled stream that is recorded beforehand? Hard to say, but I'm leaning towards a traditional stream later this week.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    They'll probably mention a toggle for players that don't like Star Wars & hopefully new Alien Occult lifestates & Jedi/With powers.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I can't see them not doing a livestream. It would draw more comments if they did not. Even if they are troubled by reactions to the pack, they have to treat it as they would any other pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I was thinking it was weird that they were so quiet and I assumed it was because any time they tried to say anything at the initial announcement, everyone just piled on them.

I hope there will be a live stream but I really don't think there will be. If they do one, I'd be pleasantly surprised.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    Other, please explain.
    I've been thinking about this too. The pack itself and the fact no guru responded to anything (except simguruNinja recently..)
    Still hate it though, But listen ( or read ;)). In some way my head can't come up with normal sentences, so excuse the poor English

On Reddit, they've been saying that the Licensy agreement is ending soon ( between EA/Maxis/Disney SW).
    With that in mind I've also been thinking that it may be a 'must do pack' instead of a 'wanting to create this pack'.

The only thing they did with star wars, was some CAS items & baby-yoda, so if they had to 'prove something' (just thinking aloud out here!!) maybe they've just made this pack, to give Disney what they want; a playable advertisement.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Normally I would expect a deep dive. I hope we get one. This pack, with all the backlash needs it more than most other packs to show off the content.

But things have been eerily silent from the guru's. No announcement for a gameplay trailer or a deep dive, no twitter with additional information or answers to questions,... I don't know with this one.