Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Game Pack, hahahha

Came here to see what was new, saw the gamepack,and...hahahhahahahahhahahhahha.

Do you all believe that EA has completely given up yet? This is:
1. A shameless cashgrab tie-in with a popular franchise
2. Letting EA off the hook of being creative, because they'll just add ideas and characters someone already has created
3. Not related to the concept of life simulation in the slightest

I have never been less intersted in this game. If this is just a way to grab money before letting the franchise DIE ENTIRELY, then there may be hope for TS5. But if this is what they see for the game, then I will just forget about TS5 now.

I just want a life simulation game. Like TS1, 2, and 3. The level of nonsense we have reached is both sad and hilarious.

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I like this pack, but I'm hoping this is the last pack ever for TS4 and that they announce TS5 to be released next year in 2021. TS5 is on the list for PS5 and PS5 is set to be released this Christmas 2020.

• EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I've seen the "take the money and run" stage of a game before, and that is straight out what it feels to me like what we're seeing at this point.

There are people who have never observed the trajectory of a company doing that, and they won't be able to understand what they're even seeing until it's too late.

Yet with all of the stuff I've seen before, I've never seen any company basically ride the horse until it gives completely out, and it really seems like they're heckbent on doing that. It's so crazy it's sort of incomprehensible and leaves you in shock and disbelief that it's even happening right there flat out in your face.

TS5 could start out looking like a thoroughbred, but it's still going to have the same jockey. They haven't given up, they know exactly what they're doing. That's the problem.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I've seen the "take the money and run" stage of a game before, and that is straight out what it feels to me like what we're seeing at this point.

There are people who have never observed the trajectory of a company doing that, and they won't be able to understand what they're even seeing until it's too late.

Yet with all of the stuff I've seen before, I've never seen any company basically ride the horse until it gives completely out, and it really seems like they're heckbent on doing that. It's so crazy it's sort of incomprehensible and leaves you in shock and disbelief that it's even happening right there flat out in your face.

TS5 could start out looking like a thoroughbred, but it's still going to have the same jockey. They haven't given up, they know exactly what they're doing. That's the problem.

There is competition now so that would throw a wrench in their works. They can't just take advantage of the simming community anymore thinking that we'll just buy what ever low-quality effort they've made. Most of the simming community is pretty fed up with EAxis' shenanigans and will just walk away from the The Sims franchise if TS5 is a TS4 v. 2.0 and go to the other life simulation games.

• adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I am actually expecting to wake up and find out this is a part of one of my weird dreams.. can't believe this is real.
    origin ID: adduapina