Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nerds Medieval Ages Mafia ~ Town Wins

nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
edited September 2020 in Off Topic Chat
Welcome to my Medieval Ages themed Mafia game! We will be using the Contagion in the Palace.

If you are unsure how the game works, please review the following rules here.

You can join my Afterlife Server here.

My Rules:
-Day Start
-Days and Nights will last 24 Hours Each
-Do not take anything in this thread too seriously, this is just a game.
-Do not disrespect any one group of people or person in this thread.
-If any new players join this game, please help them out if you can. We were all new once too.
-Feel free to ask me any questions, but if you have questions after the game has started please ask them via DM.
-Do not post any messages in this color. I will answer any questions and make game-related posts in this color.
-Do not edit any posts after the game has started.
-Role claiming is allowed, but strongly discouraged.
-Do not gamethrow

Roles:
1 Assassin
1 King
4 Guards

Players:
1. Song
2. Mouse
3. DeKay
4. Bella
5. City
6. Broncos

Replacement Players:

Rules Regarding Replacing a Player:
If a player is inactive in this thread without first notifying me via PM for one full day and one full night phase, they will be modkilled and if possible, replaced.

Voting History:
Day 1
DeKay votes Song
DeKay votes Bella
Broncos votes Bella
funny-gifs20.gif

Post edited by nerdfashion on

Comments

• xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    Since I doubt this game is gonna start tomorrow, I’d love to play!
    they/he
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I’ll play! This sounds cool!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'll play. But just to be sure, if no one is hammered, that means there will be no elimination for that day?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'll play. But just to be sure, if no one is hammered, they means there's will be no elimination for that day?

Yes.
    funny-gifs20.gif

xSongx wrote: »

Yeah, even if we get 10 players today, there'll still be the pregame, so it won't start until Monday.
    funny-gifs20.gif

I'll play. But just to be sure, if no one is hammered, they means there's will be no elimination for that day?

Yes.

Okay.
    832XG3D.gif

Yeah, even if we get 10 players today, there'll still be the pregame, so it won't start until Monday.

Perfect!
    they/he
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I'll play.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    This setup seems really interesting, but I'm a bit busy this week. I'll see if I can still find the time to play in a few days.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'll play
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

edited August 2020
    This setup is quite scum biased tho since they can easily win on night 1 if they get lucky and hit the King and if there is no queen. But let's hope there will be a Royal Doctor. XD
    832XG3D.gif
    This setup is quite scum biased tho since they can easily win on night 1 if they get lucky and hit the King and if there is no queen. But let's hope there will be a Royal Doctor. XD

We're all secretly rooting for scum when we host. I did that on purpose ;)
    funny-gifs20.gif

The spy can infiltrate one enemy faction of their choice and be sent in as a follower of any of the groups. They can anonymously send messages to the king giving them information on the faction they've infiltrated and they can feed false information to the enemy.

And what does this mean? Will the scum faction know that they get a follower? Or is this going to be set up during pregame where all the scums don't know who their other buddies are yet, until pre game ends and night 1 starts?
    832XG3D.gif
    This setup seems really interesting, but I'm a bit busy this week. I'll see if I can still find the time to play in a few days.

That's alright! If it goes well, I think I wanna make this an annual thing. I might just like this setup more than Dethy... And I really love Dethy 😅
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited August 2020
    The spy can infiltrate one enemy faction of their choice and be sent in as a follower of any of the groups. They can anonymously send messages to the king giving them information on the faction they've infiltrated and they can feed false information to the enemy.

And what does this mean? Will the scum faction know that they get a follower? Or is this going to be set up during pregame where all the scums don't know who their other buddies are yet, until pre game ends and night 1 starts?

The spy will choose in the pregame, and I won't set up the scumchats until after they've all chosen (if there are spies at all).

Edit: If it's less than an hour until day starts and they still haven't chosen, then I'm going to randomize it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I’ll play
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Could the spy like tell the entire town chat like... this is the scum team? As in is there a rule about that or does it just come down to strategy?
    they/he
    edited August 2020

Could the spy like tell the entire town chat like... this is the scum team? As in is there a rule about that or does it just come down to strategy?

There's no town chat, but I guess they could say that on the thread? Maybe Nerd can answer that.

But then that also removes the purpose of the spy sending the anonymous messages to the King. 🤔
    832XG3D.gif

There's no town chat, but I guess they could say that on the thread? Maybe Nerd can answer that.

But then that also removes the purpose of the spy sending the anonymous messages to the King. 🤔

Thread, yes. And I guess it comes down to strategy in the end
    they/he

Whoops, I meant to add no role-claiming as a rule 😬 And since that's technically role-claiming, no, it's not allowed.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Whoops, I meant to add no role-claiming as a rule 😬 And since that's technically role-claiming, no, it's not allowed.

Oh I see

I don’t think I’ve ever played with that role. Does that mean no “I’m town” as well?
    they/he

What’s wrong with role-claiming? I get it for the spy role but for other town roles (other than King/Queen) I don’t see any harm. Like Dekay said, the setup is kinda scumsided so I don’t get why you’re making it even more scumsided.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!

What’s wrong with role-claiming? I get it for the spy role but for other town roles (other than King/Queen) I don’t see any harm. Like Dekay said, the setup is kinda scumsided so I don’t get why you’re making it even more scumsided.

I mean if the spy can just tell who scum is, that’s a big disadvantage for said scum. But I agree, a bit.
    they/he
    edited August 2020

I think that if one town role can't do it, the rest shouldn't be able to either. Otherwise, that's actually a bit of a scum advantage the way I see it. People normally start role-claiming eventually, and if just a few people are downright refusing to claim, it's a bit of a giveaway that they're either scum or super important. And town does know who the King is, but not the Queen or the Spy, so it's still the same problem. I can see how you'd be against the rule, but I think it makes more sense to add it.

Oh I see

I don’t think I’ve ever played with that role. Does that mean no “I’m town” as well?

No, since you're only revealing your alignment (and possibly lying), not your role. It's still unclear how important you are to the game if you just say "I'm town."

funny-gifs20.gif

edited August 2020

I think that if one town role can't do it, the rest shouldn't be able to either. Otherwise, that's actually a bit of a scum advantage the way I see it. People normally start role-claiming eventually, and if just a few people are downright refusing to claim, it's a bit of a giveaway that they're either scum or super important. And town does know who the King is, but not the Queen or the Spy, so it's still the same problem. I can see how you'd be against the rule, but I think it makes more sense to add it.

But then they could just say they’re VT since most people are.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!