This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Are you looking forward to sims 4 journey to batuu

Comments

• Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,149 Member
    Yes

logion wrote: »
    No, I think I will pass.

I am also too worried what it could do to my game. What my townies could end up looking like (no way they made that many different aliens, they have to be sims in costumes) and what kind of sims that will walk around. I don't want Kylo Ren as my yoga instructor.

Also potential bugs, which is the reason why I am no longer buying packs at release.

Imagine Darth Vader in a flowery dress in sulani
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,708 Member
    Yes
    logion wrote: »
    No, I think I will pass.

I am also too worried what it could do to my game. What my townies could end up looking like (no way they made that many different aliens, they have to be sims in costumes) and what kind of sims that will walk around. I don't want Kylo Ren as my yoga instructor.

Also potential bugs, which is the reason why I am no longer buying packs at release.

Imagine Darth Vader in a flowery dress in sulani

Makes sense. No one would recognize him. :lol:
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely, can't wait! :smiley:
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes (red) is catching up!
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    No
    Don't forget once EA loses the rights to Star Wars content, this DLC will no longer be available. They got rid of all of their Lord of the Rings stuff because of the rights were expired and Warner Bros. took the rights.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Yes
    aws200 wrote: »
    Don't forget once EA loses the rights to Star Wars content, this DLC will no longer be available. They got rid of all of their Lord of the Rings stuff because of the rights were expired and Warner Bros. took the rights.

It only lasts until 2023
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes
    I'm more intrigued that anticipating; after my first disappointment (I really thought that "leaked" icon was just some sort of tribute to the EA team doing the SW games) I'm now thinking about how this will fit in my gameplay, at least for one or two playthroughs. I've been planning in my head a storyline featuring Liam O'Dourke; make him a toddler, give him parents, and have him grow up. I've always had a soft spot for the little nerd. I could have him visit Batuu and see what trouble I can get him in. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    No
    For what really? It seems like a pack that will add nothing of real value to a life simulation game. If I wanted Star Wars I would be paying for a Star Wars game. It would be good for EA anyway...
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes
    I want it. I have never bought a Star Wars game before because it looks like they are mainly about fighting, which I have no interest in. I hope we have the option to choose how we want to interact with this pack, and even if not, the CAS and BB items will be worth it for my style of play. And yes, I will play through the scenario at least once.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes
    I still enjoy playing Strangerville and Jungle Adventures and am looking forward to seeing what this pack is all about.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,875 Member
    No
    No. IMO should've been a standalone game. I would have bought it. I love star wars. But I don't want Star Wars dressed randoms in all of my games,which is what will happen. Besides the star wars based builds will look out of place with every other pack's stuff. I don't mind a handful of CAS assets and objects but a full GP is pushing it too far.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    No
    I'm not into this franchise, but great for their fans.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Look how many people aren't looking forward to it :rage:
    pPWb5YO.jpg

@Cavapoo_King is that from the YT vid? Because actual views are much higher. most people who view a video don't bother to vote on it. If you go to SW forums and twitter feeds there are tons of folks happy about it & some folks willing to buy the sims just to play it.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Yes

This is a stupid question I know but those of us who buy the pack will still keep it after EA's rights to Star Wars expire, right? It won't disappear from my Origin account?
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Yes
    I'm looking forwards to giving it a shot. :smile:
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    No

This is a stupid question I know but those of us who buy the pack will still keep it after EA's rights to Star Wars expire, right? It won't disappear from my Origin account?
    You won’t lose it

• Options
    StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    No
    Nope, EA can stick this pack where the sun don’t shine. For those of you who are looking forward to it I really do hope it meets and exceeds your expectations. I genuinely mean that. I don’t begrudge anyone who is super hyped for this I just don’t think fandoms have a place in the Sims.

If they wanted to do Sci-Fi, expanding the base game aliens and Sixam would have been better IMO. I’ve seen some really brilliant ideas from other Simmers in other posts about how they could have done it. And I’d have been pretty into that sort of sci-fi pack. I like both occult and slice of life play, preferably occults living their best slice of lifes.

It just seems random (and I believe this is due to a contractual obligation from having Star Wars game rights or Disney paying/demanding it be made not some desire to please all Simmer Star Wars fans). We’ve had eco loving shoved at us this year (a mixed bag for me - loved nifty knitting, eco lifestyle is my arch nemesis right now). Regardless of if we loved or hated the theme, for the sake of logic and order they could have done an gardening/live off the land GP instead. We could have had new recipes, a jam/jelly maker, a little produce stall to put in the garden to sell to the NPCs that keep trampling past our flower beds. Could have added a juice taster career. All sorts of options. This could have led to the big farming EP with farm animals and horses. We could have sheered our own sheep to get wool for our knitting empires! As someone who you’ll have to pry my cold dead body from my rocking chair, this literally sounds like my idea of heaven.

But it’s not all about me and that’s not why I suggest this. It’s about the random tangential shifts and packs that don’t seem to make sense. Having a plan and organising yourself is the key to delivering quality. Surely picking a theme for a year/6-month cycle and running with it would be better. There’s logical content flow, and it would surely allow for a deeper, more compressive development of features and extra content/gameplay that goes into far more detail and can provide even wider variety of gameplay. Sure it might mean for 6 months to a year some of us don’t get features we’d love but it would give the devs a structure to follow and a plan to provide the community with the themes they want, the time to work out bugs and kinks and the quality would surely improve.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Yes

You won’t lose it

Great thank you :)
  • Options
    LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    Yes
    I'm definitely looking forward to this pack. I understand why some people are upset, but my inner nerd is rejoicing! I'm a Star Wars fan and I also really enjoy the story packs. Don't get me wrong I love the open sandbox that is the sims, but its also nice to have a couple of story lines to play. I may be in the minority, but I LOVED Strangerville and have played that story all the way through several times. I'm interested to learn more about this pack in the coming days. I cannot wait to build droids & lightsabers! I personally like that EA is trying new things. I liked voting for the stuff packs even though the ideas I liked best didn't win. I also really like Eco Living despite the issues that still need to be fixed. I'd rather not see them repeatedly give us the same exact packs as previous versions of the game.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,575 Member
    Yes
    Another Lovely Red One over here.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,662 Member
    No
    I buy the Sims to make my own stories. I'm not into doing tasks and we have too many already in game. All the leveling up just agrivates me because it takes so long that what I want to do storywise doesn't happen. I'm not in control. In Sims3, I was in control. I do like many things about the Sims4 and it does have some great improvements, but I'm about to give up on getting something that really makes me happy. TBH, I haven't had something make me really happy, Sims related, in a while. Why can't we have some more normal packs? We just had Strangerville, withches, and now Star Wars. Eco Living was well somewhat better, but not satisfying. I've been waiting since early in the year for some real content. Knitting did have some nice stuff, but was a tease because it makes you want more normal stuff that wows(not plain/I think the Star Wars clothes look plain for space). I'm not looking forward to it; I'm sad. Another pack wasted on something I can't use in the majority of my games and more wait time for something that looks Simsish.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    If they wanted to do Sci-Fi, expanding the base game aliens and Sixam would have been better IMO. I’ve seen some really brilliant ideas from other Simmers in other posts about how they could have done it. And I’d have been pretty into that sort of sci-fi pack. I like both occult and slice of life play, preferably occults living their best slice of lifes.

Yeah, exactly. Sci fi / space was actually the very top of my list of most-wanted packs, and now that we're getting this extended advertisement, we're incredibly unlikely to ever get a sci fi pack that expands on Sixam or actually fits within the Simsverse.

(And agreed on the mix of both occult and slice of life. My three favourite packs so far are City Living, Cats & Dogs, Tiny Living... and Realm of Magic and Vampires!)

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,237 Member
    Yes
    This will go with my Get to Work, Strangerville & Realm of Magic. As well as, that crazy funny City Geekcom Festival. Lol😁😂🤣
  • Options
    DaeneliaDaenelia Posts: 757 Member
    No
    No, I am not.

And I am a science fiction fan, and I include Star Wars in that for now (that's a whole different discussion, frankly). I was excited for every single pack I eventually bought for the sims 4, but I was also eventually disappointed with every pack, especially the Eco thing.

I want to play a game.

The sims 4 is no longer a game nor a simulation. Not for me anyway. Maybe I have played too many good games, maybe I am getting old and tired. Or maybe, just maybe, the sims 4 is just no longer a good game with barely mediocre expansions and stuff.

But there has to be an audience out there for this or they would not have made it. It's not for me. I sincerely wish people who are looking forward to this all the joy they expect out of this pack. Expansion? I dont even care anymore.

Excuse my while I figure out how I can still install The Sims 2, which in retrospect turned out to be the best of the games.
    Dae's Sims 4 Houses -see what I've been building.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member