Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you looking forward to sims 4 journey to batuu

Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
Post edited by Cavapoo_King on

Are you looking forward to sims 4 journey to batuu 233 votes

Yes
31%
DannydanbocrocobauraCK213IceyJBlkBarbiegalAprilDawnCamkatLadyMariketaAngelllite7Isb917simm621Bloosmoosimgirl1010cchant86robyngravesshygirlsprengel45stilljustme2kemowerycatloverplayer 73 votes
No
68%
auroraael14GoldmoldaricmnfrshNh6650windweaverKita5399sketchesalexspoom13orangeplumbobCabelle1863jeLlyBeAn1573Omri147JueJueoveronMLadyAzzeraMi9shaoscarsam123DaeneliaAuroraBoreallisMorten8035 160 votes

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yes
    Yes!.
  • Options
    Yes
    Look how many people aren't looking forward to it :rage:
    pPWb5YO.jpg
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    No
    I'm actually not excited for this one as for now... i don't know much about SW and it looks too focused on it in the trailer. I also don't like it to be story driven. BUT i'll be watching the livestream. My mind can change if i see ways to customize the pack to my liking, like creating my own characters and customizing the world...
  • Options
    No
    pPWb5YO.jpg

Nothing to worry about. It's normal that such a niche pack won't excite the majority of the community... when they decided to do this they were problably already expecting that.
  • Options
    Yes
    Do you think we will get to fly SPACESHIPS!!
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes

Probably only in the same way that rockets work, I'd imagine. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Yes
    Camkat wrote: »

I hope they dont use the same animation
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes
    Camkat wrote: »

I hope they dont use the same animation

The trailer looked like they flew differently... but it's hard to tell anything from trailers. Those are staged. I'm excited to see this all on live stream and I hope they announce a date and time for that soon!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    FredraFredra Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    No and it's first time I'm not going to buy this expension, even on promo. I'm tired of playing in advertising billboard, I just want to play sims.

From the graphic point of view looks great, from the gameplay / CAS / BB it's useless for me
    ID: granatoweszklo

Sorry for my english, still learning
  • Options
    Yes
    pPWb5YO.jpg

Apparently it it now up to 55k dislikes and 27k likes
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    No
    Nope. I’m done with this franchise.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    No
    Nope not into Star Wars Theme actually I am sick of it they Star Wars us to death, every time they can't think of anything they come up with SW.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes
    Yes I am.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes I am.

Good
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    pPWb5YO.jpg

Nothing to worry about. It's normal that such a niche pack won't excite the majority of the community... when they decided to do this they were problably already expecting that.

Uhhh lol.... this pack has been very poorly received. Like probably worse than any other dlc in the history of the franchise, and you’re saying they expected that because it’s niche? Lol no. If they expected poor reception they wouldn’t have premiered the trailer at gamescom opening night. The studio + EA are panicking and Disney is undoubtably watching as well. This might very well spell the end for the EA Star Wars partnership.

27k likes compared to 56k dislikes. Dislikes has nearly a 30k lead on likes. Saying that was expected tells me you don’t know what you’re talking about.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Yes
    Yes definitely.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    No
    Ever since Sims1 this will be the first pack I'll miss. I have SWTOR for Star Wars and Sims2/3 for good sandboxy sims gameplay. So I'll stick to those. At least for some time I'm completely done with EA and "new & exciting" Sims4 products.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    pPWb5YO.jpg

Well, there's enough stuff still missing (and that many people want) for the game that doesn't involve pulling in another fictional franchise.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    No
    pPWb5YO.jpg

Uhhh lol.... this pack has been very poorly received. Like probably worse than any other dlc in the history of the franchise, and you’re saying they expected that because it’s niche? Lol no. If they expected poor reception they wouldn’t have premiered the trailer at gamescom opening night. The studio + EA are panicking and Disney is undoubtably watching as well. This might very well spell the end for the EA Star Wars partnership.

27k likes compared to 56k dislikes. Dislikes has nearly a 30k lead on likes. Saying that was expected tells me you don’t know what you’re talking about.

You don't know that. Imo (as valuable as yours) they have already gained what they wanted: we're all talking about SW and we all now know about the new Disney theme park. The rest is peanuts and it will problably be forgotten if they please the majority in the christmas ep with a fan favourite as usual. It's business and it's really nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    EA will know many of their fans won’t care for this. That’s okay because they know most in the community will complain but open their wallets at the same time. I guess they are also hoping to entice Star War fans into the sims franchise.

But the two people I know who game and love Star Wars are not impressed with the trailer. They love Star Wars, don’t care for the sims and their feeling is they will go and play an actual Star Wars game and not play dress up, fake Star Wars in the sims.

So I think they anticipated the backlash but know people will buy it anyway. The community has a lot to answer for.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Yes
    So far I like the look of it. I tend to lose enthusiasm midway through quests or change focus with my sims' lives and they remain unfinished, but hopefully we'll be able to bring the ships home to the other worlds.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited August 2020
    pPWb5YO.jpg

You don't know that. Imo (as valuable as yours) they have already gained what they wanted: we're all talking about SW and we all now know about the new Disney theme park. The rest is peanuts and it will problably be forgotten if they please the majority in the christmas ep with a fan favourite as usual. It's business and it's really nothing to worry about.

EA doesn’t own Star Wars. They don’t benefit at all by that franchise being discussed or by any means through the Disney park.

EA is licensed to make SW games, and that’s the only SW related content that is benefiting EA. If no one buys this pack and instead goes to the park is that a business win for EA? No. If people watch the movies instead of buying this pack, is that a win? No. Absolutely no way EA would write off expenses on an entire dlc thinking the next one would make up for it. Now you really don’t know what you’re talking about.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    No, I think I will pass.

I am also too worried what it could do to my game. What my townies could end up looking like (no way they made that many different aliens, they have to be sims in costumes) and what kind of sims that will walk around. I don't want Kylo Ren as my yoga instructor or Nancy Landgraab as a Sith Lord.

Also potential bugs, which is the reason why I am no longer buying packs at release.
  • Options
    No
    pPWb5YO.jpg

EA doesn’t own Star Wars. They don’t benefit at all by that franchise being discussed or by any means through the Disney park.

EA is licensed to make SW games, and that’s the only SW related content that is benefiting EA. If no one buys this pack and instead goes to the park is that a business win for EA? No. If people watch the movies instead of buying this pack, is that a win? No. Absolutely no way EA would write off expenses on an entire dlc thinking the next one would make up for it. Now you really don’t know what you’re talking about.

You don't know (and i also don't know) what are the actual terms of business in this 'operation'...
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes

I am very much looking forward to this pack :)