Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu?

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I'm curious to know more about the gameplay.

I couldn't watch the stream... are they going to do a livestream? Is there a release date already?
    @telmarina
    9/8/20 😉

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    No
    I've never even seen a Star Wars movie, so this pack is useless to me. The trailer already had me lost because the only characters I recognized were the robots.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    No
    Everyone who's saying 'yes' are likely the same people who enjoy 'My First Pet'... so that's not shocking, honestly.

I’m the opposite. I like My First Pet, but I don’t want a star wars pack at all.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes
    Not. At. Alll.......

To be honest, not a single sims 4 pack has excited me. Its not packs that excite me, its the idea of free updates to improve the base game. Such as improved personalities, consequences, expansion on other life stages besides YA.

The only expansion they could make right now to excite me would be one that includes toddlers and older children and adds a heap of family play activities and also expands on elders. But...thats not coming. Its obvious they have moved on from additional "regular family play" type packs...so what more can be added to the Sims 4 and when can we expect Sims 5? Is there another Gamescom type event left for this year? <3 A girl can dream... :)

Hmm...

You don’t have to be excited for the Star Wars Pack but I play occult generational stories and we just had Nifty Knitting.

Elders had extra gameplay with the rocking chair. Children can knit and they are usually ignored. The teach to knit-interaction is so cute. There are clothes for toddlers and even babies. When was the last time babies got something new.

Is there another Stuff Pack that has had content for every age of sims?

That pack was pretty much wholesome familyplay. It was the latest pack.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yes
    Lol. I never would have thought that an epic franchise like Star Wars, tame as it is, would trigger so many people.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    No
    The one thing that makes me kind of mad (and I could be totally wrong) is that it looks like they invested way more money into this pack than others. That's just so unfair. Like did Disney throw money at them? Did EA think that because it would maybe pull in Star Wars fans into the Sims that they were willing to spend more money? It really frustrates and upsets me. The CAS items alone had to cost way more money than normal.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Yes
    LiELF wrote: »
    Lol. I never would have thought that an epic franchise like Star Wars, tame as it is, would trigger so many people.

I believe the majority of simmers are just different to other gamers.
    Occult/Sci Fi gameplay gets very little love from a lot of players in general, so I’m in no way surprised to see this kind of backlash.

The way this disappointment is being expressed is quite shocking to me though. There is pure hatred in the tones of some folks around here. I‘m glad I don’t have to sit in the same room with them and that I don’t ever have to feel that kind of anger over a Game or a Gamepack. Life’s too precious to waste energy on this kind of negativity.

I feel like I’m from a different planet and man am I happy about it! 👽
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Yes
    LiELF wrote: »

I believe the majority of simmers are just different to other gamers.
    Occult/Sci Fi gameplay gets very little love from a lot of players in general, so I’m in no way surprised to see this kind of backlash.

The way this disappointment is being expressed is quite shocking to me though. There is pure hatred in the tones of some folks around here. I‘m glad I don’t have to sit in the same room with them and that I don’t ever have to feel that kind of anger over a Game or a Gamepack. Life’s too precious to waste energy on this kind of negativity.

I feel like I’m from a different planet and man am I happy about it! 👽

Batuu I presume? :p
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No
    We don't need sims 5 yet. Sims 4 not over with yet. They will be adding cars for free they said and they are working on the babies and more right now.

Really? I never read that? Do you have links to those posts or threads?
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    No
    This pretty much ends it for me.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    I'm not a fan, but I'm buying it for the droids. From the sounds of things, Rey will most likely be a premade; but I am very curious about others.

I always say Strangerville is a bad pack; but I love the world, even if it's small. And, its premade households are among my favorite in the game. So, to every bad thing, there is a good one.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    No
    For people saying, “well, I didn’t want nifty knitting but dealt with it”

Yes, but majority of people DID. They voted for it, in fact. I didn’t buy it but was okay with it because I knew it was something a lot of people genuinely wanted. Literally NOBODY asked for this, voted on it or anything, it’s just irritating that the developers would rather try and reel in a new fan-base instead of putting out something their loyal fans asked for. It’s insulting.

• Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    No
    I could only be less excited about a pack centered around EAxis's favorite sports team containing nothing but licensed, logoed CAS/BB items.

Many have predicted a winter-themed pack coming later this year. Well, I hope y'all like Disney's Frozen.

Oh, and those cars you've been begging for? Wish no more!

Cars_2006.jpg
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    For people saying, “well, I didn’t want nifty knitting but dealt with it”

Yes, but majority of people DID. They voted for it, in fact. I didn’t buy it but was okay with it because I knew it was something a lot of people genuinely wanted. Literally NOBODY asked for this, voted on it or anything, it’s just irritating that the developers would rather try and reel in a new fan-base instead of putting out something their loyal fans asked for. It’s insulting.

There was a survey last year which included a question asking what brand people would like to see in the sims, if any. Some folks entered Disney or Star Wars.
    Just because we can’t always see what people ask for doesn’t mean they didn’t ask for it...
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited August 2020
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Yet more terrible packs no-one asked for. I rolled my eyes so hard, they have yet to return to a forward facing position.... i may require medical assistance :D

I like this new game pack but gave your post an "awesome" anyway. What you wrote made me laugh so much, lol! :D

• Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    No
    I just hope it isn't too half-baked. There's plenty that could be added, between premades, species, and architecture, but this is a game pack. Meaning small world, a couple gameplay elements, and not much else. If it's done properly, my opinion might change. I am sure hoping Padme Amidala is among the premades; but I bet the base of this pack will be, more or less, based on the past couple of Star Wars films.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Batuu
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    No
    Nope, despite baby yoda being in my avatar.

I hope those that are excited for it enjoy it!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    No
    Not excited, but indifferent. I love StarWars, but after the trainwreck that was the Disney Trilogy (hate me if you want but the second and last films are terrible), anything that isn't based on the CloneWars series just garners a big old "Meh" from me. Not to mention this feels like a blatant cash grab.
    However, I will reserve judgement until more info is released, that being said, I'm done with disappointment for the year, so I think the pack will really have to blow not only me but the entire fanbase out of the water.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Yes

I'm happy for those who are excited and buying this pack because I'm one of them. I can't wait to dress my kids in Star Wars clothes. That little boy in the render is so cute in his outfit.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    @Lustianicia ... just because you don't like something, why rag on others who do. Different strokes for different folks. Happy Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu for those folks with different strokes. :)
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    No
    Would have preferred it as a sims standalone game -- like sims medieval was. Been wishing they'd bring that pack into the actual game though...that one would be nice imo. Even a general space pack I could have handled as that could have added to Sixam's background and rounded out that backstory nicely. But Star Wars? Meh. On the plus, the animations with the lightsabers should make it easy to mod in some great swords. Once again, modders you are my only hope.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @Lustianicia ... just because you don't like something, why rag on others who do. Different strokes for different folks.

The vast majority of Simmers seem to agree with me, so... lol This pack obviously shouldn't have been made in the first place.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    No
    I am not excited, but I'm not upset either. Which is generally how I feel about Star Wars stuff. I may end up getting it on sale because my it might be fun to play with my granddaughter in her save, but it doesn't really fit in mine.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    @lustianicia Well, I'm happy it was made. Those who are happy it was made will buy it. Those who aren't won't. Isn't personal choice just grand. Happy Simming! :wink:
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    No
    This is one pack that is really not for me. I understand that it will appeal to a lot of players and bring in new types of players. I think this is the first one that I'll sit out but I hope that other players have a lot of fun.

I'm not mundane, I'm just a different type of player than this. I know this is a very popular brand and series. I'm just not that interested in outer space or aliens. This is also a very directed type of gameplay. If the theme appealed to me more, I might be interested. I won't bring it up in every thread but I'm allowed to say that I don't think this one is for me. Hopefully I'll be more interested in the next pack.

I also think it's ok for people to share what they want. We just shouldn't expect that every pack will appeal to every player.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.