March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plot a Course to The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

Comments

• RuthEstherRuthEsther Posts: 5 New Member
    Star Wars is dead to me and has been for some time this will not revive the corpse. I will not be purchasing this pack.
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    If EA were going to do a space theme, Star Trek would have been a better choice. Star Wars themes are too saturated in games these days. Saying that, however, I will probably get this even though it will probably be a waste of money. Lets face it, I don't even play Strangerville anymore.....
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The only Star Wars movie I've watched in it's entirety was the original in a local theater when it was first released. I loved it! I had such a crush on Harrison Ford! <3 Having said that though, it's the only one I've ever watched. I know nothing about the 'modern' day Stars Wars except for what my Son has told me. When he was a kid he loved all things Star Wars. He dressed as Darth Maul for Halloween one year, I did his make-up for it and it turned out quite well, he also had a light saber for the full effect! He has a Darth Vader collectible action figure too. :)

As for what I've seen for the Star Wars/Sims 4 collaboration game pack so far? I'm intrigued. I'd like to know more though, I have a lot of questions about how it's all going to work. I'm sure a live stream will help clear that up though. However, there are some things that I really like already. The world looks amazing, I love all the different aliens (I hope they're not all just a costume), the robots look fun, saber fights, etc. Also, build/buy objects look promising, especially for those that like to build steampunk or apocalyptic builds. Looks like lots of fun assets/objects for those kind of builds at least.

I know some Simmers are disappointed that it looks like we'll be getting flying spaceships before the game has cars, but honestly? I think that's encouraging, I'm not mad at all, they look freakin' amazing! I hope and pray our Sims will actually be able to fly them though and they're not just set dressing. One shot in the trailer looks like someone is actually building one, so I have hope. I doubt they'd be only flown like rockets too since they are shown landing, taking off, flying around in the air, etc. Again, that could just be for effect, but man, I'm so in if we can fly those babies!

I don't know yet if I'll actually buy the pack, like I said, I need more information first. Plus, if the bugs, glitches and things broken in EL and the pre-patch for it aren't fixed by then? Even if I love the pack, I won't buy it. Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me. I'm cautiously optimistic and trying to keep an open mind all that will be fixed in the pre-patch for this game pack though. We'll see...

Happy Simming <3
  • Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Lindsmd113 wrote: »
    Are you effing kidding me??? Highly disappointed. I know not all packs appease all players but I feel like this is such a small specific market, it’s a waste of time for me. On the plus side I guess I’ll save money since this is a pack I will absolutely not be buying

I'm not into Star Wars myself, but I don't think I'd consider fans of the franchise a small market. Those films kill at the box office, even the not-so-good ones.

Not saying Star Wars is a small market but I feel those that are sims fans and Star Wars fans is small. Maybe I’m wrong, but it’s not a pack I’m interested in
  • RWingfieldRWingfield Posts: 1 New Member
    Next Expansion Pack - Country Living
    Next stuff pack or game pack - Teen Stuff or Odd Jobs?
    Also please fix all the bugs everyone is complaining about before you add more things to the game.
    LOVE LOVE star wars, the pack will probably be great but not long term and most definitely wont use majority of the objects in my everyday game play. I'm looking for more actual life stuff to play around with before more supernatural type side gamey stuff... if you know what I mean.. Love the sims love you guys Love the hard work but at a certain point you have to give the people what they want. Thank you.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think a diehard Sims fan will not like this pack because of the themed tie in (think Katy Perry). A Star Wars diehard fan will not like this pack because it's a cutsie Sims game version of a theme they love deeply. So the few in between may not be enough to make it a success. However, if Disney wanted this made as a tie-in to the Disney Park Galaxy's Edge, well, here it is.

I also don't believe that we are not getting flying space ships in this pack. I think they are more for decor like the riverboat and the streetcar.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    When Uni dropped, I also wondered why the Simbot looked like an updated version of the the original stick figure bot from the beginning. Usually they "improve" it's look. Now I know. It is so we can make a version of C-P3O for the Star Wars pack.
  • skye83644skye83644 Posts: 15 New Member
    The heck with all you down in the mouthers-Gimmeeee some more information here! Can we get the chance to be a Jedi-or do we just get to watch others make with the mind messing thing? PLEASE TELL ME I GET TO BECOME A JEDI!!!!!! Are there appliances for the faces of the characters in this? Looks like in the Cantina there are a variety of them there. Oh I am very excited about this!!!!!
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I haven't been a Star Wars fan for a long time, so, this pack... uh...
    ...then I read the gameplay. This has a real Sims Medieval feel to it, what with the storylines and joining either the Good Guys or the Bad Guys.
    Have this, I must.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,368 Member
    edited August 2020
    I've only seen the original Star Wars trilogy and I think it was okay, but I've never been a huge fan. To be honest, it was a bit boring, I didn't care about the plot, I don't even remember it, but I liked the characters. It saddens me that this game pack is based on newer SW movies. I don't even know anything about the new characters. The description of the game pack just sounds like gibberish to me with all the weird names. It's going to be even more confusing when my game is in Finnish. :#
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • PinkGasMonkeyPinkGasMonkey Posts: 1 New Member
    This sucks, EA sucks, Star Wars Suck, I'm sad, The End ...
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    As somebody who is primarily a builder and hasnt been able to sit through any of the new SWs films as they thought they were garbage this pack sounds kinda like My First Pet 2.0.
    Did EA do absolutely no customer research?? This is so niche its ridiculous! Besides, dont we already have aliens?? How does Star Wars fit in with the aliens we already have? (or do they just pretend the other doesnt exist!?LOL).

Only thing that might appeal to me is the droids. If they are done well it could be a fun addition to a techie/science based sim family.
  • herciliahercilia Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m really not excited about this pack, and I love Star Wars. For the Sims, however, it’s just not gonna be sustainable. It’s gonna be a one and done pack - take one sim through the pack, then nvr touch it again, and I’m not even sure the build items will be used much. I’ve bought all the packs, but this one can wait till it’s dirt cheap.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    This pack was advertised on the 'Star Wars Kids' channel on youtube - which says everything you need to know. We're officially playing a game for 8 year olds. LOL
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    What excites me about this pack is the quest based play. I've always been a goal oriented player and this is right up my alley. I'm not a builder so possibly limited use of
    build/buy in regular worlds is not an issue for me. I might not care for the CAS if it's all costumey but again not an issue as I don't spend much time in CAS as I only play one family.

I think the main reason though is that I'm already having a good time with the game and while some of the other gameplay requests would be nice they're really not essential for me to enjoy my game.

I do hope the next pack has a greater appeal for all those disappointed.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    You've made a lot of weird decisions but this time around you just completely messed up!

What happened to The Sims franchise? What went so wrong?
    I understand you may despise The Sims 3 but you can't pretend it doesn't exist and treat your long time community of fans like you've been treating with The Sims 4!
    If you frustrated find another job and stop ruining this franchise! At this point you are just proving that The Sims 4 is the pointless addition ever to the franchise!

Does The Sims still a life simulation game?
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I've only seen the original Star Wars trilogy and I think it was okay, but I've never been a huge fan. To be honest, it was a bit boring, I didn't care about the plot, I don't even remember it, but I liked the characters. It saddens me that this game pack is based on newer SW movies. I don't even know anything about the new characters. The description of the game pack just sounds like gibberish to me with all the weird names. It's going to be even more confusing when my game is in Finnish. :#

Basic outline: After Luke and friends defeated The Empire he tried to revive The Jedi Knights and that failed spectacularly. Now about 30 years later a new Empire The First Order rises from the ashes of The Empire to take over the galaxy. Rey is the new 'Luke' really and she bands together with rebels to defeat The First Order. Kylo Ren is the new Sith Lord ready to destroy everything that gets in his way. Ohnaka I know nothing abot but he seems to be a heroic jabba the hut (mobster)
    What excites me about this pack is the quest based play. I've always been a goal oriented player and this is right up my alley. I'm not a builder so possibly limited use of
    build/buy in regular worlds is not an issue for me. I might not care for the CAS if it's all costumey but again not an issue as I don't spend much time in CAS as I only play one family.

I think the main reason though is that I'm already having a good time with the game and while some of the other gameplay requests would be nice they're really not essential for me to enjoy my game.

I do hope the next pack has a greater appeal for all those disappointed.

I'm hoping it's another supernatural pack make everyone even more hiny cuz we need more fantastic elements <3
    Renato10 wrote: »
    You've made a lot of weird decisions but this time around you just completely messed up!

What happened to The Sims franchise? What went so wrong?
    I understand you may despise The Sims 3 but you can't pretend it doesn't exist and treat your long time community of fans like you've been treating with The Sims 4!
    If you frustrated find another job and stop ruining this franchise! At this point you are just proving that The Sims 4 is the pointless addition ever to the franchise!

Does The Sims still a life simulation game?

People who insist the devs should be fired for making this are just horrible.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    There is a draw to Star Wars. I can understand some of the reasons why they might have gone this route and I like Star Wars enough that it being implemented doesn't bother me so much. (Though I strongly dislike Disney who is still the ultimate owner of the Star Wars franchise.)

But...

You do realize that, by opening this door, you have given access to not only Sims fans asking for things but also Star Wars fans asking for things. Fans of both franchises have very different ideas of what should be included, and if Sims fans were asking for this then okay, and I am sure some might have liked the tie-in. But having played Star Wars games and read the forums for the ill-fated Star Wars Galaxies, even with a game solely devoted to the franchise, no matter what was added, it was never enough. You do know that right EA? So now instead of just having one fanbase unhappy you are going to have to deal with two.

I mean, it's already started and I didn't even get halfway through this thread. I even found myself doing it by wanting to ask "Will we be able to play Rodians?" (Considering I have two characters in my saves built on that race, I have interest in that being an option.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

I wish everyone reacted as mature as u did, I feel like it is outrageous how mad pple get. Don't like it? Don't buy it. I have packs I don't like but I dont go out of my way to say it is something no one asked for.

You must not been around for stuff pack vote cuz there was a lot of hate for the 2nd place option
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    edited August 2020

Which option exactly?
    There was an option for the fan-voted pack to have seances and play as grim reaper but the realism side of fandom was very very vocal how "no one wants this." At least it got second place I suppose
  • DamiensmomDamiensmom Posts: 4 New Member
    This is a joke! I'm not even a fan of Star Wars so I most likely won't buy this , it's honestly upsetting because if your going to put something out there at least let it be something everyone can enjoy. If it had been a future pack I would have bought it , but it's a Star Wars story dlc. I don't like the story like DLC's like strangerville, I feel like I'm being forced to play the game your way and have less free will. It's sad because I got the Strangerville game and attempted to play it once but I immediately hated it. If you were going to give us anything at least give us stuff we can use to create our own story's with not a story that is already preset.
    Damiensmom wrote: »
    This is a joke! I'm not even a fan of Star Wars so I most likely won't buy this , it's honestly upsetting because if your going to put something out there at least let it be something everyone can enjoy. If it had been a future pack I would have bought it , but it's a Star Wars story dlc. I don't like the story like DLC's like strangerville, I feel like I'm being forced to play the game your way and have less free will. It's sad because I got the Strangerville game and attempted to play it once but I immediately hated it. If you were going to give us anything at least give us stuff we can use to create our own story's with not a story that is already preset.

I'm 'everyone' thus your argument invalid

Did I want eco life? Hell no

Did I want knitting? Super hell no

Do I want Star Wars? Heck ya I'm into it.