March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plot a Course to The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

Comments

• Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    The new standard world/neighborhood that looks to be included besides Batuu looks....normal suburban?
    I haven't seen any mention of a new world. I think they showed Willow Creek in the trailer.
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm still wondering about what they mean by a datapad. Is it some kind of vehicle at last?

I'm guessing it's just a reskinned electronic tablet like the one that toddlers have in the game already (like an iPad). I think they mean that you control the droids using your datapad/tablet.

Oh oops, I guess I just don't play with that world haha. Still stand by my worry for integrating the new build items as they don't seem to go with any world we can build on, not even EL :/
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,336 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm still wondering about what they mean by a datapad. Is it some kind of vehicle at last?

...."Plus, any droids ordered on Batuu return to the Sims world as well! Sure, droids might not go around zapping people in Willow Creek, but Sims can still build relationships with them and have fun driving them around with a datapad!....."

To me it seems that they are like remote controlled droids.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Lol, I just realized why I like the tentacle-jawed dude who sits with the protagonist at the table in the cantina so much. He looks just like Graeme Garden from The Goodies.
    the_goodies_graeme.jpg
    50276695077_00d80bb38e_c.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Stats Update: The trailer video on YouTube now has 19k Likes and 33k Dislikes.

Oh my wow
    edited August 2020
    I'm happy that my current Rey will now have a more authentic outfit and hairstyle.

49058104746_9b651c677c_c.jpg

But I'm sad that Chewbacca has to continue to be this abomination.

49057593473_1567a790c4_c.jpg

I'm pretty happy with Ben Solo as he is.

49058104226_20fc6e63c0_c.jpg
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I'm happy that my current Rey will now have a more authentic outfit and hairstyle.

For some reason I thought the last one was Captain Barbossa, then I got disappointed when it wasn't.

For some reason I thought the last one was Captain Barbossa, then I got disappointed when it wasn't.

Aww, sorry!

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Okay, some of you remember me so you probably remember that I am not afraid to speak my mind, even to the point of being kicked off this forum. Well, I wish it were something that I wanted more like farming or at least, updating the base game but it does "look" very good. A stand alone game like Life Stories or Pet Stories would have made me happier but, it is what it is. The world makers did a great job recreating Batuu. True, it's probably a world of faux buildings that we can't get near like in San Myshuno due to pathing and true, it will probably only have three or four lots to build on and, no, we won't be able to build round buildings with those mushroom roofs or edit anything anywhere, but it does look very nice. Nor will we be able to ride in the fighter or Falcon (think Riverboat and trolley in Willow Creek). And, yes, the gameplay is very Strangerville quest driven to find clues/objects and end the big baddie. Will it have a reset? Will it be fun to play the other versions once you've killed off the bad dude? Can you set it to a point where you can just play in that world as a soldier, rebel or smuggler without getting bored quickly? Don't know. Will these questions ever be addressed, probably not. So it's a wait and see kind of thing. Meanwhile, what can we do? Create Han, Luke and Leia and finally get those crazy kids married? Or, maybe it might be more fun for Han and Luke to couple up (c'mon, we've all wondered). I might try thinking of Batuu as a new space styled theme park where my sim goes on vacation to be a rebel or soldier or smuggler. Then, bring back some cool Star Wars stuff for the basement that I've remade into the cantina where my SW club geeks out. Could be a big hit, could be a huge miss. We'll know September 8th. Till then, MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited August 2020
    I just watched James Turner’s video and learned about this pack. I would not consider myself a super Star Wars fan, but I have seen many Star Wars movies because I enjoy going to the movies and sci-fi. The Mandalorian is my favorite show—I love Baby Yoda and Mando. I am excited for this because it looks super fun and different imo. Can’t wait to purchase it when it drops. Thank you Sims Team! Happy Simmer here. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DTTCbmVr-Q4
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Okay, some of you remember me so you probably remember that I am not afraid to speak my mind, even to the point of being kicked off this forum. Well, I wish it were something that I wanted more like farming or at least, updating the base game but it does "look" very good. A stand alone game like Life Stories or Pet Stories would have made me happier but, it is what it is. The world makers did a great job recreating Batuu. True, it's probably a world of faux buildings that we can't get near like in San Myshuno due to pathing and true, it will probably only have three or four lots to build on and, no, we won't be able to build round buildings with those mushroom roofs or edit anything anywhere, but it does look very nice. Nor will we be able to ride in the fighter or Falcon (think Riverboat and trolley in Willow Creek). And, yes, the gameplay is very Strangerville quest driven to find clues/objects and end the big baddie. Will it have a reset? Will it be fun to play the other versions once you've killed off the bad dude? Can you set it to a point where you can just play in that world as a soldier, rebel or smuggler without getting bored quickly? Don't know. Will these questions ever be addressed, probably not. So it's a wait and see kind of thing. Meanwhile, what can we do? Create Han, Luke and Leia and finally get those crazy kids married? Or, maybe it might be more fun for Han and Luke to couple up (c'mon, we've all wondered). I might try thinking of Batuu as a new space styled theme park where my sim goes on vacation to be a rebel or soldier or smuggler. Then, bring back some cool Star Wars stuff for the basement that I've remade into the cantina where my SW club geeks out. Could be a big hit, could be a huge miss. We'll know September 8th. Till then, MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU!

Awww ;-; your avi is of the child -snuggles.-
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    edited August 2020
    Lol, I just realized why I like the tentacle-jawed dude who sits with the protagonist at the table in the cantina so much. He looks just like Graeme Garden from The Goodies.
    the_goodies_graeme.jpg
    50276695077_00d80bb38e_c.jpg

That's Hondo! He's got to be cult classic by now because he first showed up in The Clone Wars with a pirate gang (complete with Kowakian Monkey Lizard shoulder pet) that somehow managed to capture Dooku and then they captured Anakin and Obi-Wan when they showed up to try and get Dooku (and then Hondo had them all chained together it was hilarious to see them try and get out of that mess), and then Hondo showed up again in Rebels. I love his personality. He's a scoundrel through and through, but has this soft side too.

The guy with the sideburns could give Kallus a run for his money.
  • Nooboo_GirlNooboo_Girl Posts: 15 Member
    I know I am in the minority here, but I am HYPED! I cannot wait for this pack!
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I kinda like that they're trying new stuff. But I'd rather have an overall sci-fi theme than Star Wars specifically. Something inspired on the Citadel from Mass Effect, as an example, would be a better call imo.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I'm having a panic attack just imagining what townies are gonna be wearing after this pack is released.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@Nooboo_Girl ... The Sims Team can't satisfy everyone; someone will always complain or be displeased no matter what they do. Yet, I'm hyped too.

Baby Yoda is hyped too!
    Baby-Yoda-2.jpg

This is so cool! I really enjoyed the trailer; the world looks amazing and beautiful. 2020 for the Sims 4 has been great for me. Looking forward to 2021 Sims Team!
    Star-wars.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 427 Member
    Just no, EAxis. I want more tools to create my own original stories. I don't need any more branded tie-ins shoved down my throat.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I kinda like that they're trying new stuff. But I'd rather have an overall sci-fi theme than Star Wars specifically. Something inspired on the Citadel from Mass Effect, as an example, would be a better call imo.

Mass Effect is rated r Sims and Star wars are family friendly
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    To the players who don't like the pack ...

Please stop saying "We"

Who is "We"?

Please do not speak for me!

The last thing we need is more badly dressed Sims running around but after reading the details about the game pack I think it sounds fun. I am only a fan of the original 3 movies. I have not seen the newer movies but this pack look cool! There is collecting and I need that stone floor in the trailer! My Sim can bring home a droid and might find love in the new world. Makes me want to watch the rest of the movies.

I can't wait to get my hands on the buy/build/cas assets! That floor needs to be included!
    Yes, even though I know nothing about Batuu and don't know anything about the characters.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

Mass Effect is rated r Sims and Star wars are family friendly

Just the vibe, not a mention. To make the theme a bit more broad, as I see sci-fi as niche closed enough already.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    Hearts4u wrote: »

@Nooboo_Girl ... The Sims Team can't satisfy everyone; someone will always complain or be displeased no matter what they do. Yet, I'm hyped too.

Baby Yoda is hyped too!
    Baby-Yoda-2.jpg

This is so cool! I really enjoyed the trailer; the world looks amazing and beautiful. 2020 for the Sims 4 has been great for me. Looking forward to 2021 Sims Team!
    Star-wars.jpg

Baby Yoda <3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    Are you effing kidding me??? Highly disappointed. I know not all packs appease all players but I feel like this is such a small specific market, it’s a waste of time for me. On the plus side I guess I’ll save money since this is a pack I will absolutely not be buying
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Lindsmd113 wrote: »
    Are you effing kidding me??? Highly disappointed. I know not all packs appease all players but I feel like this is such a small specific market, it’s a waste of time for me. On the plus side I guess I’ll save money since this is a pack I will absolutely not be buying

I'm not into Star Wars myself, but I don't think I'd consider fans of the franchise a small market. Those films kill at the box office, even the not-so-good ones.
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    we did get The Sims 4 Nifty Knitting so i hope for happy haunts somewhere in October time for halloween it would be perfect
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I’m buying It even if I don’t want to play the quest out I will enjoy taking my sims there, it reminds me of the Star Wars in Disney it’s so beautiful I will pretend it’s vacation
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • kelleynicolekelleynicole Posts: 40 Member
    I cackled when I saw the email for this, thinking it was a free download. I couldn't believe EA was "wasting" a game pack on this, but if Star Wars/Sims fans are excited for it, who am I to judge? I'll be skipping this one, but hope the rest of you enjoy it. :smile: