March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plot a Course to The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    And this is the best we are being offered.... I really feel at this rate Sims 4 is a lost cause. I remember early on in the Sims 4 iteration thinking this will get better. This has not gotten. nor is it getting any better. In fact, not only is it super disappointing to the older iterations style (Sims 2/Sims 3 players) who keep hope alive for family play to return, now it's actually becoming extremely disappointing to your "modern "challenges" type players. I am so ready for Sims 5, because Sims 4 is not growing anymore. I'll give you that not every player will like every single EP/GP/SP, but when it becomes apparent that more players are equally frustrated over the blatant way EA/maxis has decided to move forward with this cash cow, with very little, if any regards to what the players are asking for, it's time to stop believeing it will get better. It's dead already. Not even cars and better babies will make it better at this point. This feels so disappointing because it feels as if EA doesn't really care. I suspect that the genre they are targeting must be rated "child" because this game is, always was, and seems to be staying "child like" very very sad!

It's EA they won the worst costumer support ever award like 5 times but they make so much money they stick around for decades
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    But...WHY?! :s
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,336 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    Not long from now, in a galaxy very near to ours… your Sims will arrive on Batuu!

In a galaxy far, far away, deep into the Outer Rim, ...

What now? Is it near, or is it far away? 🤔

They'll cycle there and use the Falcon to get back. :lol: I think the world is very beautiful, can't wait to take my sims there for sightseeing.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited August 2020
    Also, I don’t have anything against Rey & co, but where are Luke, Princess Leia, Han Solo, chewie, Yoda, Darth Vader etc ?
    Now let's be realistic here. Everyone insists "We didn't want this this is absolute BS! Boycott EA!!" That's just an outright lie. Now I'm not saying people wanted SW exactly but to say "we didn't ask for this so EA sucks." is exactly the sentiment everyone had when we got stupid knitting so. Also You guys and your mad insistence that EA must only make 'realistic' content annoys me to no end. It's a game get over it you realism players act like if a pack is not realistic you have to be refunded the cost of it cuz you'll never buy it and it 'offends you' so you realism players need to calm down and let people enjoy things stead of rioting EVERYTIME there is a fantasy/sci-fi pack or a Stuff Pack vote for fantasy stuff.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,104 Member
    It's the same people that gave us Eco Lifestyle, Knitting & My First Pet. The devs are into giving us the unusual.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,436 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Also, I don’t hace anything against Rey & co, but where are Luke, Princess Leia, Han Solo, chewie, Yoda, Darth Vader etc ?

Yeah, I'd have preferred to see the original crew there myself.
    #Team Occult
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I don't like Star Wars so EA won't be getting any money from me for this one. What a disappointment.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    Aine wrote: »

Disney needed to promote the Star Wars brand after the low toy sells, lukewarm reception of their last movie, and low park attendance. They probably reached to their official licensee EA and asked to develop a Star Wars Galaxy's Edge themed DLC to revitalize the brand and EA asked The Sims Team to develop this pack.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,014 Member
    edited August 2020
    Guessing EA/Disney needed money and forced this on the Sims team? Or maybe they wanted to repair Star Wars' horrid reputation now. Either way, no.
    Also, I don’t have anything against Rey & co, but where are Luke, Princess Leia, Han Solo, chewie, Yoda, Darth Vader etc ?
    Really hoping the Star Wars characters aren't immortal, like Baby Ariel.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DezzyFoxDezzyFox Posts: 13 New Member
    Disappointing. I love The Sims 4, and Star Wars is fine. My problem is that Star Wars doesn't fit in with the rest game at all. It feels out of place.
    Akil wrote: »
    I feel like I don't belong here with everyone yelling that no one asked for this and that it's backstabbing long time players. I've played every sims game since the first one and while I didn't ask for this (because why would I think they would make it?) I'm still excited to see it :c

Right?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2020
    I could honestly have a field day with this garbage pack: the fact that Disney probably had a hand in it, to get some small dime since they are hurting for money real bad, the fact that the Star Wars brand has been completely decimated and destroyed by a horrible trilogy delivered by Kathleen Kennedy and her shoehorned politics and lack of respect for the true fans of Star Wars (which is another reason Disney probably asked for this), the fact that EA complied with a low effort pack because they are also hurting for money bad, the fact that most of this crap is *AGAIN* just some nice scenery with recycled code and animation and the fact that no one asked for Strangerville part 2. When I called they'd re-use the sword animations from the acting career for lightsaber "battles" boy I was so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 right.

On top of it all, the least profitable characters are the ones you decide to feature...Maxis...or the ones Disney told you to anyways. Their merch does not sell....

Anyways, you do you EA. We'll see how well you'll profit from this pack....I certainly won't be wasting money on this. It does look visually good for the Sims 4, that's the best compliment I can give. Props to the 3d modeling and art team.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    The key question for me is how to intergrate it to my own brand of game play, so I want judge it until I see a more in depth presentation
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    no new occults=aliens?
    SO many cool looking aliens arround and we can't play as one? I wanna make wacky looking aliens!!!!
    *sigh*
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

To answer your question, Disney does not want to promote the original trilogy....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »

Disney needed to promote the Star Wars brand after the low toy sells, lukewarm reception of their last movie, and low park attendance. They probably reached to their official licensee EA and asked to develop a Star Wars Galaxy's Edge themed DLC to revitalize the brand and EA asked The Sims Team to develop this pack.

NGL I am SO angry what they did to Luke .... why you gotta do my boy like that?
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I am a Star Wars fan of the original trilogy and the Sims since Sims 1. I have a hard time seeing the two come together though. I guess I need to see more information. I am worried though about Star Wars characters spilling into regular worlds like Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. Will I see R2D2 wander a park or Kylo Ren dancing at a nightclub?
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Price of the GP is gonna be the same as always, yeah? I mean, yeah, it's promo, but that does not affect me unless they make it more expensive than usual or something.

I also want to know if I missed something: Is there reason to think it won't be flexible enough to play outside the challenges or whatever? Like, if you want generic outer space and not specifically Star Wars, maybe we'll be able to delete the familiar character NPCs and just enjoy the droids and stuff? I know I'm one of the few Star Wars fans still left, but I already know I'm going to be playing it with characters completely unrelated to Star Wars as if it were general sci-fi anyway. You really think running into Rey could potentially spoil that?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am really looking forward to this :)

Something less ordinary, it's been a while since I played a Star Wars game and now I get to combine two things I really enjoy.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    no new occults=aliens?
    SO many cool looking aliens arround and we can't play as one? I wanna make wacky looking aliens!!!!
    *sigh*

well i really hope thats contain new occults types, I would love an overhaul of the get work aliens, in a way that you could choose which alien race you want to create, but I don’t think that will happen, at least I expect the details on the face and all the customization shown in the trailer.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I give the team kudos for trying new and different things. First Strangerville now Star Wars. Personally I wish it was a Star Trek collab, but ok. This GP is not for me, but for all the Sims and SW fans who are excited, I am excited for you.

Keep it up EA. Hopefully the next GP will be something different, out there that I like.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,336 Member
    akaseven wrote: »
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    no new occults=aliens?
    *sigh*

well i really hope thats contain new occults types, I would love an overhaul of the get work aliens, in a way that you could choose which alien race you want to create, but I don’t think that will happen, at least I expect the details on the face and all the customization shown in the trailer.

I think you should definitely be able to create aliens with those new items, but I don't think they will be genetic, just cosmetic, like a mask.But theres a lot of them. I even saw a little alien looking creature in a tank, wonder if it is some kind of pet.