September 18 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

Plot a Course to The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

Comments

  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sakuske1 wrote: »
    Whoever authorized this should be fired, or demoted. I don't care how many times they SAY that they are listening to us and that they hear our concerns and that they are making this game for us, because it's clear that they are doing no such thing right now. If this were an option in any of the many polls and surveys they have done over the years, I'm convinced it would have done very poorly, but they wanted to make it anyway, so why give us a heads up about it so that we could be vocal BEFORE it was approved for production.

    Really? Because you don't like the theme someone should lose their jobs.

    Geez...
  • AphoticLeeAphoticLee Posts: 1,232 Member
    Is this similar to Strangerville or Jungle Adventure with missions?
    WbUrFQm.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 2,339 Member
    I’m excited about it, but I’m having a hard time imagining exactly how it will work. I’m looking forever to learning more. I’m really glad we get creative new things instead of just the same old stuff. I’ll be buying it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 262 Member
    edited August 27
    It looks *b e a u t i f u l* and the descriptions sound... interesting. I just hope it's not another Realm of Magic, all look and no substance. Fingers crossed because I've been wanting anything space-related.
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 9 New Member
    i hope for a ghost hunter job in october
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 46 Member
    I will treat this as if it all happens in my Star Wars nerd Sim's fantasies or like a VR video game, and it doesn't actually exist in their reality, 'cause that's super weird (except for like, lightsaber props and droids, and anything else that can exist for real). I didn't want this, but I'm actually getting kind of excited.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,263 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    Neither die hard Sims fans or die hard Star Wars fans wanted this. It’s laughable at this point. Months and months of quarantine time to develop fresh and innovative ideas, and THIS is the best they could do. A recyclable pack was bad enough, but recycled ideas too? 👎🏻

    Pulls out EA gift card. The 8th you say? Sign me up! Yay Star Wars!
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 3,859 Member
    HORRIBLE of all the first time ever ideas out there...
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 24,571 Member
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    Is this similar to Strangerville or Jungle Adventure with missions?

    I think closer to Strangerville than JA -- in JA you have some missions but the world is a lot more open-ended. There's more to do than just explore the temple.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 4,503 Member
    That original Star Wars music at the end of the trailer makes me lose my mind, lol. How can anyone hear that and not go crazy with excitement? It's so epic!
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 115 Member
    Don't get me wrong, the concept is cool. I enjoy that there is an entire alien planet we can actually play with, have new recipes to learn for food/drinks, AND have a bunch of cool NPC aliens to become friends with...BUT. I do not like it being based on an entire movie franchise. If they had made this an expansion on planet Sixam or even just made their own post apocalyptic world? That'd have been perfectly fine. But I do not want to travel to a world and literally see a townie that looks exactly like an ACTRESS in a movie. It can really take you out of the gameplay. All I wanted was a pack that introduced resorts into the game lmao. They really need to stop doing franchise-based content. I want to play something unique to the Sims.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 115 Member
    krist556 wrote: »
    i hope we get happy haunts in october or i will never play sims 4 again

    HAHAH. We severely lack spooky content, so I completely agree.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 437 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    That original Star Wars music at the end of the trailer makes me lose my mind, lol. How can anyone hear that and not go crazy with excitement? It's so epic!

    My alien mermaid is excited for this
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 4,503 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    That original Star Wars music at the end of the trailer makes me lose my mind, lol. How can anyone hear that and not go crazy with excitement? It's so epic!

    My alien mermaid is excited for this

    Awesome! I mean, why wouldn't she be? :p
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,263 Member
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    Is this similar to Strangerville or Jungle Adventure with missions?

    My estimate of the differences.

    Batuu: Finish quests to earn reputation for Scoundrels, Sith or Resistance, hang out in Batuu Cantina and overworld, buy lightsaber and droids.

    Strangerville: Complete a horror movie themed adventure and save the town. Can't repeat without a new save file.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 115 Member
    edited August 27
    I'd say "why?!" but I know why. This was probably something the team didn't have a say in, and was probably dropped on them by their EA Overlords. I have mild confidence that the Sims team actually has the sensibility to know that something as niche as this pack wouldn't fly with their game, and only did it because they were told to.

    It's a massively blatant advertisement (THAT YOU PAY FOR) for Disney's Galaxy's Edge park that opened last year. Down to the DJ Droid, the build-your-own lightsaber and the build-your-own droid stations. I mean hell, it even talks about driving the droids around with a data pad when you get home, which is literally exactly like the remote controlled droids you make at the theme park.

    If they had been super transparent or even structured this as being a vacation getaway to the theme park, or even had tagged it along with a more theme park centered pack, I could have been on board. It would have fit a helluva lot better than just injecting Star Wars straight into the Sims. Now, unless they give us the QOL function to blacklist CAS items from being worn by townies, all of my towns would end up being polluted by townies wearing Star Wars clothes, and vice versa - the Batuu world would be equally polluted by townies not wearing appropriate attire, and it just ruins BOTH experiences.

    If they wanted to give us a Sims experience with a Star Wars theme, I would have looked into this if it were a stand alone side game like Medieval was, since there wouldn't be awkward crossover with content that conflicted with the world. But this? This is going to be a major pass. You can't even make the content work like you could with the Katy Perry stuff, which had lots of broader appeal and wasn't so nichely tied to it's branding.

    I'm not a fan of Star Wars so I was not aware of all of this info. Thank you for explaining it, because now it all makes some sense as to why this was made lmao.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 1,372 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    Not long from now, in a galaxy very near to ours… your Sims will arrive on Batuu!

    In a galaxy far, far away, deep into the Outer Rim, ...

    What now? Is it near, or is it far away? 🤔
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 6,828 Member
    I am loving that this is new. Completely different from sims 1, 2 and 3. It looks interesting too. I am not a die hard starwars fan but have build some starwars lego and watched the movies. So I sort of know what its about and is actually pretty excited for this. Looks like a lot for a gamepack too, would have thought it would be an expansion. All in all I wont judge on just a trailer just yet but overall I am quite excited :)
  • carolinazucatticarolinazucatti Posts: 1 New Member
    Semmmmmmmmmmmmmmm palavras!!!!!
    Eiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii EAAAAA, quem sabe tu tenta aprimorar mais o the sims 4 ao invés de fazer um pacote como esse.
    Muitos jogares e fã de the sims nem compraram o ts4 por nao ser MUNDO ABERTO (que foi a pioooor coisa que inventaram).
    Tente investir mais nos jogos que tem ao inves de criar pacotes como esse. :'(
  • WilliamVSimsWilliamVSims Posts: 97 Member
    I like the theme, it is just sad that the pack also gets hate because it doesn't include improved babies. Improved babies was hinted at in the NK trailer it prolly wont arrive for a while. Dont like the theme? Totally okay, no need to bash it. I have friends who love this pack.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,700 Member
    Is this a joke?

    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 594 Member
    And this is the best we are being offered.... I really feel at this rate Sims 4 is a lost cause. I remember early on in the Sims 4 iteration thinking this will get better. This has not gotten. nor is it getting any better. In fact, not only is it super disappointing to the older iterations style (Sims 2/Sims 3 players) who keep hope alive for family play to return, now it's actually becoming extremely disappointing to your "modern "challenges" type players. I am so ready for Sims 5, because Sims 4 is not growing anymore. I'll give you that not every player will like every single EP/GP/SP, but when it becomes apparent that more players are equally frustrated over the blatant way EA/maxis has decided to move forward with this cash cow, with very little, if any regards to what the players are asking for, it's time to stop believeing it will get better. It's dead already. Not even cars and better babies will make it better at this point. This feels so disappointing because it feels as if EA doesn't really care. I suspect that the genre they are targeting must be rated "child" because this game is, always was, and seems to be staying "child like" very very sad!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 3,205 Member
    From reading this, the Batuu world seems closed off from our normal sims world and droids (maybe other artifacts, too) brought over lose some of their powers. So basically there is NOTHING in the world stopping me from using Batuu as a vacation world. An expensive Star Wars themed vacation brought to life by actors.
    Simblr Currently running: Sims 4 Police Academy, loosely inspired by Detroit: Become human
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top