March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    (Btw anyone else noticing that r/thesims, that used to be dominated by posts about Sims 4 is basically 90% Sims 3 posts since this pack came out? SO many people reinstalling Sims 3 right now).

I am honestly debating it, might take a little while to get all the nraas mods for optimisation but lord, does that sound more appealing than this mess.

Am now debating buying a computer that can run TS3.

@SimQueenie9 Your computer runs TS4 but not TS3?

Affirmative.

@elanorbreton I'm not sure how this is possible since TS3 has lower minimum requirements. Do you know your computer's specs? If you are interested in running the Sims 3 with your current computer maybe you can DM me or post a thread about it. I'm pretty sure someone could help.

Sims 3 is a nightmare to run. You really need a bunch of Nraas mods just to keep it going! Sims 4 is much better in that respect.

@elanorbreton Well it really depends on what you mean by "run". The game has a lot lower requirements to run on a computer. It does clog up sometimes because of its nature but with few alterations here and there and a mod or too it's no problem.
    So a game might run but the performance might decline or not be optimal is what you mean.
    Also it's been observed that in runs much better with PCs that came out in the last five years.
    Playing the Sims 3 nowadays is not nearly the struggle it was 11years ago.

That I can attest to! My TS3 runs a lot better on this newer PC than it did when it first came out. But, then again I also didn't know about NRAAS and Overwatch or the fixed worlds back then either. It still takes a while to load tho, but I also have every pack installed, every world, a few custom worlds, the majority of the store and about 3000 patterns. The load time is my biggest complaint, but I just minimize it and do something else. Once it's loaded tho, it runs fine for me.

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2020
    (Btw anyone else noticing that r/thesims, that used to be dominated by posts about Sims 4 is basically 90% Sims 3 posts since this pack came out? SO many people reinstalling Sims 3 right now).

so I had to peek. Wow. Reddit is not happy with the Sims 4 right now. You're right, there's a lot of praise of Sims 3 and a lot of comparisons of the two games, and a lot of Sims 4's really annoying bugs are being highlighted. JtB doesn't even seem to be on most people's radar. I'm not sure I've ever seen this much lack of interest in any type of new Sims pack.

Edit: Whoa, the megathread on JtB is absolutely brutal.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Placebo7 wrote: »

That is so depressing. You're proud that you have successfully, yet again, 6 years running ignored the problems in your base game that limit gameplay? You're proud that--even if you accept the terms of this pack--it is massively lacking in gameplay by most accounts? You're proud that you've created another world that looks good but is not meaningfully funcitonal? You're proud that you've corrupted a life simulation game with Disney branding?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND. We clearly do not want any of the same things, and I have been a sims fan since TS1. Why are you not on the same page as long-term fans???

Because some simmers expectation of what fun & gameplay depth is has declined over the years .
    Felicity wrote: »

so I had to peek. Wow. Reddit is not happy with the Sims 4 right now. You're right, there's a lot of praise of Sims 3 and a lot of comparisons of the two games, and a lot of Sims 4's really annoying bugs are being highlighted. JtB doesn't even seem to be on most people's radar. I'm not sure I've ever seen this much lack of interest in any type of new Sims pack.

Edit: Whoa, the megathread on JtB is absolutely brutal.

Good. At least they’re able to speak their minds & not have to sugarcoat anything over there. <joins them>
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I noticed it. It’s a good thing I think!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Yeah, I am the opposite.
    I praise them in TS3 and condemn them in TS4.
    If have to go through loading screens, I don't want rabbit holes.

What a perfect point.

I've been asking myself why it is that I'm so annoyed by the rabbit holes in TS4. Meanwhile, in TS3, I had no problem with them. You've hit the nail on the head for me and articulated the feelings that I couldn't explain.

It's frustrating to see TS4 devolving even further. At this point, the game is more smoke and mirrors than TS3 ever was. Pick any world in TS4 and ninety percent of what you see is fake and serves no function.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    More from Carl...this is why we like him :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Yn0g4EvAU
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    I just realized...

The pack came out today, and as far as I know, there was no livestream. O-O

It's been discussed a few pages back but I reckon that's because:

1/ There literally isn't enough content in this pack to cover a 1 hour livestream without giving away mission spoilers.
    2/Having a livestream for this pack would expose the already apparent from the trailer flaws with this pack and affect sales.
    3/ The livestreams are mainly for Sim fans and the fanbase has been VERY vocal about how much they hate this pack.

I know Lil' Simsie did one but I think the first half was her just seeing how different it looked for her sim to go around kissing each sim with a different mask on LOL
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

I am honestly debating it, might take a little while to get all the nraas mods for optimisation but lord, does that sound more appealing than this mess.

@SimQueenie9 Your computer runs TS4 but not TS3?

Affirmative.

@SimQueenie9 I'm not sure how this is possible since TS3 has lower minimum requirements. Do you know your computer's specs? If you are interested in running the Sims 3 with your current computer maybe you can DM me or post a thread about it. I'm pretty sure someone could help.

Sims 3 is a nightmare to run. You really need a bunch of Nraas mods just to keep it going! Sims 4 is much better in that respect.

For some it was and for some it was not. I only had problems when it was an developer situation and I did not even use any mods but again on that note some had to and some did not have to only if it was outside technical use.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited September 2020
    Flexono1 wrote: »

More reasons why this pack is a disaster. They limit your gameplay & took away “play how you want”. I never thought I would see a bad pack from the sims team. I also like how the EA team said they disabled townies from generating with Star Wars clothes but when I had the pack I had random townies spawn with the clothing & masks. Another reason I got the refund before anything worse happened lol
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Justin wrote: »

More reasons why this pack is a disaster. They limit your gameplay & took away “play how you want”. I never thought I would see a bad pack from the sims team. I also like how the EA team said they disabled townies from generating with Star Wars clothes but when I had the pack I had random townies spawn with the clothing & masks. Another reason I got the refund before anything worse happened lol

How did you manage to get a refund? Origin doesn’t allow it.

steam has a good refund policy.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Well a BETTER one at least. AFAIR if you within two hours of starting the software you bought return it, they honor it, not questions asked. This is not active time tho, it's time period. So if you start it for 10 minutes to see if it runs, then forgot to play it for a day, you are SOL.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    it sickens me how ts4 devs can still feel so proud after all this fiasco and also victimize themselves once people criticizes their job
    edited September 2020

Well a BETTER one at least. AFAIR if you within two hours of starting the software you bought return it, they honor it, not questions asked. This is not active time tho, it's time period. So if you start it for 10 minutes to see if it runs, then forgot to play it for a day, you are SOL.

I'm pretty sure that Steam allows for a refund with fewer than 2 hours play time for two weeks after purchase. Unless they changed it, which is possible. But even if you're right, if you bought the game on Steam, you have a better chance of being able to get a refund than you would on Origin.

Edit: Oh, urg, this sounds kind of crabby. I didn't mean it that way at all.
    Post edited by Felicity on
    edited September 2020

I submitted a ticket with them & they refunded me. They gave a hard time & I was certain also they wouldn’t do it but then I read their policy on refunds & this is what it says “Refund requests can be made within twenty-four (24) hours after you first launch the game“ So I attached that to them & they gave it to me lol. I only played it for a hour or so. I did my best to give it a shot but it really bad & didn’t offer much for my gameplay. It does limit everything what the sims is about. It’s not even occult friendly /:

I'm pretty sure that Steam allows for a refund with fewer than 2 hours play time for two weeks after purchase. Unless they changed it, which is possible. But even if you're right, if you bought the game on Steam, you have a better chance of being able to get a refund than you would on Origin.

Edit: Oh, urg, this sounds kind of crabby. I didn't mean it that way at all.

Yes steam does have a better refund policy. Majority of my games are from steam. I only have origin because of the sims games I own
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Right now might be an good time to buy an new system even if it is not for just the Sims as the prices are not too skimpy and developers recommendations are being upgraded as well keeping in pace with what is out and what is coming.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

Just for the record .Into the future is a sims 3 expansion pack.That also cost 20 dollars .Which would add way more than this pack did
  • MylantaMylanta Posts: 12 New Member
    Maybe I should create this as a completely new topic instead of jumping onto the end of this one, but I think it says something about both EA and why I am losing hope. Not only for the Sims 4 but even for any upcoming new Sims release.

I came to the Sims over 5 years ago and jumped into the Sims 3. I am a male gamer of age, and still play a variety of games including Star Wars games, and The Sims, Star Trek, First Person Shooters, etc.

I purchased everything for the Sims 3 (Even the entire Store), And the Sims 4 up through Pets. Much of the Sims 4 stuff on my disability income. And then I came to a realization. According to the Origin software, I still have less than 50 Hours on the Sims 4. And I was buying new stuff to get around boredom, broken features, and things that are missing that I had gotten used to having in the Sims 3.

I started my YouTube Channel recently and got a new system for video editing after selling some property. The first EA game I put on it was The Sims 3 (Which I still play - and runs well on a new PC) - Which according to Origin has over 2000 hours of playtime compared to the 50 of The Sims 4.

I also have years playing Star Wars games. "A New Hope" came out when I was in the Sixth Grade and saw every movie in the theater multiple times until Rian Johnson killed the franchise. Never once did I ever think, "What the Sims really needs is a Star Wars Cross Over!". Are we now going to see a relative of the Goth family on Tattooine in an episode of the Mandalorian? How would Disney expect the fans of the Star Wars Universe to react if the Sims entered the TV shows and movies of the Star Wars Universe? Let's have a Deathstar show up over Midnight Hollow in the next Trilogy.

{Soapbox off} /*
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm still salty about the Star Wars pack. Like I haven't bought it and it's existence has ruined my once complete collection. I guess at least now I won't feel compelled to buy any future rubbish packs that they come out with. :D
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Can the Sims team fix this I don't want fake alien masks in regular neighborhoods.119241237_1273795142963821_6575072030137903785_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=lpJ2lRke62UAX9n6NGM&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=586184342505d2cb595eda05a36639a3&oe=5F8520E5
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641