Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Here's a sample of EA's dev team:

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

Paralives is happening and I'm on it. Here's hoping EA doesn't buy them out once they're a huge hit.

not a single POC...:( how disappointing.
    I'm gonna be honest...hope these aren't in charge of TS5.

That isn’t the dev team that make The Sims. From what I remember from a few streams ago there is there is POC on the sims dev team.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    edited August 2020
    Justin wrote: »

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

Paralives is happening and I'm on it. Here's hoping EA doesn't buy them out once they're a huge hit.

Anyone who doesn’t believe that race & gender doesn’t have a factor in the quality of the game we’ve had needs to be enlightened.

This kinda explains why they have 🌺🌺🌺🌺 dark skintones...and why they took so long for new skintones...they don't have a POC to do the job...which is very very very VERY sad.

It dosen't matter, the race developers does not matter.When it comes to developing game.Trust me if some were black.We would still have the same problems.The problem isn't race .The problem is the decisions based on trends.

I guarantee if there were more POC of the sim's team, the skintones issue would have been fixed a lot quicker!

You me the issue that every race also has in the sims ?Most skin tones are not represented for the sims including caucasian one's..Im not sure having more Minorities developers would of help.If they had sliders this would been no issue
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

Anyone who doesn’t believe that race & gender doesn’t have a factor in the quality of the game we’ve had needs to be enlightened.

This kinda explains why they have 🌺🌺🌺🌺 dark skintones...and why they took so long for new skintones...they don't have a POC to do the job...which is very very very VERY sad.

It dosen't matter, the race developers does not matter.When it comes to developing game.Trust me if some were black.We would still have the same problems.The problem isn't race .The problem is the decisions based on trends.

I guarantee if there were more POC of the sim's team, the skintones issue would have been fixed a lot quicker!

You me the issue that every race also has in the sims ?Most skin tones are not represented for the sims including caucasian one's..Im not sure having more Minorities developers would of help.If they had sliders this would been no issue

I agree with need sliders and a colorwheel.
  • Options

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

I agree with need sliders and a colorwheel.

Yah I agree, I hope we get those in sims 5.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited August 2020

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

Exactly what I was thinking. This"team", regardless of their race/colour/ what have you.....just continues to put out a very poor product. I don't think 4 will ever be "fixed" bc they don't see the problem with it. Their parameters were set when they came up with the fake emotions schtick and they are sticking to it.

I think the questions and surveys they put out regarding the sims themselves and relationships, wants, desires, like/dislikes....attractions etc was all for S5...not for 4.

4 is the worst so far in terms of the sims themselves. They might be pretty, and the worlds might be pretty, but pretty doesn't make a game.
  • Options
    grayhorseranchgrayhorseranch Posts: 33 Member
    If EA are going down this path, why not have a Jurassic Park/World pack?

It could be a vacation world

😊
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member

😊

I could use couple of Raptors as a pet for some of my sims :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited August 2020

😊

I could use couple of Raptors as a pet for some of my sims :D

Now, this is a cash grab I could get behind.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

😊

Tbh, I'd be fine with a Jurassic Park pack. It'd be much easier to ignore the franchise's influence, and we could get pet dinosaurs. Once they make dinosaurs, it'd be easier for the devs to make dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Simmers everywhere (facebook, youtube, twitter, reddit) upset about the star wars pack.

EA: siMmErS eVerY WhErE ExcItEd FoR tHe sTAr wArs paCk

What a joke. These people truly don't know or care anything about their community.

They truly don't...and I am tired of people trying to "teach" or "prove" to me they do.
  • Options

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

There race, or gender does not matter.Has nothing to so with this pack being released.Also your looking at ea developing team.Not the sims developing team.

The sims Dev team comprises the same ratio of men to women.

But this goes beyond gender differences. It’s more about passion (as I said in my first point.)

We don’t want a first person shooter game. We want families and realistic emotional gameplay.

They don’t care.

We want more romantic animations. (And more animations in general).

They don’t care.

We want farming communities.

They don’t care.

We’ve wanted real babies and preteens for SIX YEARS!

They don’t care.

Paralives DOES care. The devs comprise men and women. It’s not gender. It’s passion. As the first devs of sims 1 cared.

RIP Sims. You’ve sold out.

Yessssssss! PREACH!
  • Options

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

There race, or gender does not matter.Has nothing to so with this pack being released.Also your looking at ea developing team.Not the sims developing team.

But this goes beyond gender differences. It’s more about passion (as I said in my first point.)

We don’t want a first person shooter game. We want families and realistic emotional gameplay.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Paralives DOES care. The devs comprise men and women. It’s not gender. It’s passion. As the first devs of sims 1 cared.

Yessssssss! PREACH!

The Sims
    2000-2020
    You will be missed
  • Options

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Not to defend them,but they were never going to get us pre-teens.We have children
  • Options

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Not to defend them,but they were never going to get us pre-teens.We have children

But it's something a significant number of Simmers wanted.
    Which is their point.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2020
    deleted: what eva
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Pre-teens are NOT children?!? The heck?
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    What gets me every time I see the comments on the trailer is the whole "can't control pets because realism," and yet...here we are with a full-blown, honest-to-goodness, TIE-fighting Star Wars pack. (Yes, I was and still am one of those no-good, dirty rotten meanies who was upset we couldn't control pets.)

But seriously... Whenever someone on the team says "we want the game to be realistic" in response to just about any issue being raised, I can't help but roll my eyes. Because honestly, that's fine -- and I know lots of folks (including myself) enjoy a fair bit of realism in their game from time to time. But TS4 is not, has never been, a solely realistic experience. And that's what I really love about it. Hopefully the "realism" excuse is long gone out the window now. (Probably not, though.)

Just wish the explanations made sense and lined up. But they never do 🤷‍♀️ Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy for the folks who are happy about this pack, but...this is the thread for complaining, so... 👍

This.

A lot of their explanations haven't been making sense for a while and often times they contradict themselves but a lot of people tend to overlook it and if you don't, well 'try to be positive', 'be grateful they even made it', or 'just don't buy it then' but none of that makes it make sense. It doesn't stop nonsensical and contradictory reasons from existing. Then when the Sims team inevitably proves the more negative simmers point people still defend them and even make excuses on their behalf. It happened with lounge chairs.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    The B&B objects seem to be isolated in the world of Bantuu and look hideous! 😱 If we can't live or build in this world, what is the point of having these useless objects in our game? I'm not a huge fan of a few of the packs released in the past, but the fact that they have contained usable B&B objects that relate to and improve my builds in other worlds is my sole incentive for buying the packs. I'm not interested in the missions, nor looking at a bunch of ugly aliens, or visiting a foreign planet, far far away, because it doesn't correlate with my realistic gameplay. I've watched most of the movies, but am not that obsessed with the world or the story of SW, and I especially don't think the two concepts of the sims and SW should have ever mixed.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    MekoShark wrote: »
    The B&B objects seem to be isolated in the world of Bantuu and look hideous! 😱 If we can't live or build in this world, what is the point of having these useless objects in our game? I'm not a huge fan of a few of the packs released in the past, but the fact that they have contained usable B&B objects that relate to and improve my builds in other worlds is my sole incentive for buying the packs. I'm not interested in the missions, nor looking at a bunch of ugly aliens, or visiting a foreign planet, far far away, because it doesn't correlate with my realistic gameplay. I've watched most of the movies, but am not that obsessed with the world or the story of SW, and I especially don't think the two concepts of the sims and SW should have ever mixed.

I'll be looking at it as an interactive theme park where my sims can live out a character's story in the Star Wars universe, not actually traveling to another world. That makes the most sense to me. They can go back three times at least to play out the paths of the three different factions.

This pack will have limited replayablility, but it fits with how I am playing my sims who are cosplayers and sci-fi fans.
    I will play it once in a while like Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, and Strangerville. I will be treating Strangerville like a theme park too.
    It would be nice if we got hotels and BnBs so I can put a sort of home base in Strangerville.

My last sim who did not live in Strangerville had the scenario of being a photographer visiting the town to take some desert flora photography.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Which is their point.

I disagree that most people want pre-teens .
  • Options

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They are older children, but are still children.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Which is their point.

I disagree that most people want pre-teens .

“A significant number of” =/= “most”

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They are older children, but are still children.

Teens are also older children.