Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Technically they can claim that Simmers everywhere are excited for the pack. They just can't claim anything about how many. Lol.

Really? They can accurately claim there’s at least one excited Simmer everywhere on the face of the planet?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Next Expansion Pack: The sims 4: FIFA 20.

Wouldn't mind that at all! At least we would get a lot of scarves! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Naus wrote: »
    This. Is. Sad.

1.) This is how you take the best selling pc game of all time and poke holes in it until there is enough room for the fan base to want competition to the Sims franchise.

2.) One of the great things about the Sims is that they've always parodied and off brand (ex. Strangerville an off brand version of Stranger Things), but NEVER, NEVER until now has an already copyrighted entertainment franchise such as Star Wars (which has how many pc/console SW games so far made in total again?) ever been introduced. Ikea, Mashino, and all the like were inspired, but not actual story gameplay, with something to offer everyone.

3.) They couldn't even bother to draw up artwork that would have made a parodied non-copyrighted space world? Seriously?

4.) This is comparable to the 1st Sonic trailer or Pet Stuff in my humble opinion.

Yay 2020....can it JUST get any better?!

I think it's pretty obvious this pack was made in collaboration with Disney to PROMOTE the Star Wars brand and Galaxy's Edge park.

I believe this is as bad as My First Pet Stuff but in a different way. My First Pet was a shameless cash grab. This is a shameless advertisement we have to pay for.

YES my thoughts exactly. I think this beats my first pet stuff and that is saying something.

I do complain that a lot of the trailer probably won't be playable in the game
    But.........

I use Pet Stuff a lot.

I've never been able to play a Star Wars game as my aptitude with guns is nil. I might enjoy playing the world in my own time in Sims 4 without having to return to Start every time. Just my opinion though. B)<3

Many of you have said you don't play Sims 4 I remember from past threads so you can carry on with your own versions.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Technically they can claim that Simmers everywhere are excited for the pack. They just can't claim anything about how many. Lol.

Really? They can accurately claim there’s at least one excited Simmer everywhere on the face of the planet?

Considering that Star Wars is a such a famous franchise it probably appeals to at least one casual The Sims fan everywhere. It's just not in the large numbers that EA wants to make us think.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I do complain that a lot of the trailer probably won't be playable in the game
    But.........

I use Pet Stuff a lot.

I've never been able to play a Star Wars game as my aptitude with guns is nil. I might enjoy playing the world in my own time in Sims 4 without having to return to Start every time. Just my opinion though. B)<3

Many of you have said you don't play Sims 4 I remember from past threads so you can carry on with your own versions.

Rest assured that if we are capable of doing so, we will. However, many of us are concerned about what this could mean for the franchise we like/love even if we don't care as much about Sims 4 as Sims 1-3 and would prefer some trends and patterns of behavior from EA don't carry over into Sims 5 if we can help it.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options

Considering that Star Wars is a such a famous franchise it probably appeals to at least one casual The Sims fan everywhere. It's just not in the large numbers that EA wants to make us think.

It's not Sims fans they are after. They want to add the millions of Star Wars fans too. Millions more of them out there.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    We know what people who say "don't like it, don't buy it" actually mean. They want to force us into silence. We have the right to speak our minds. No one is going to shut me up. I will criticize whatever I want, whenever I want.

You and me both.
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Lol these kinds of threads make me laugh but it’s justified. Honestly, EA has plenty of SW games. Why even put it in the Sims? How is it even gonna mesh in with the rest of the game? It’s obviously NOT well received. I mean... have you seen the like to dislike ratio on the YT trailer?
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    The only language they know is money. We all have to take a stand and show we are not going to tolerate these Shenanigans anymore. If you truly want this pack because you like it go for it. But for those who are tired of them not listening to us, don’t buy the pack just to have it , don’t buy it because you want to complete your collection or to make fun of this pack. Simply don’t. So they can see that we are tired of being ignored & Given things NO ONE has ever mentioned or asked for . That tweet they made is completely insulting .
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited August 2020
    We know what people who say "don't like it, don't buy it" actually mean. They want to force us into silence. We have the right to speak our minds. No one is going to shut me up. I will criticize whatever I want, whenever I want.

You're right.
    You know, I find this way of thinking everywhere since some years now, its a new thing. 'Don't buy it then!'. Are we that easy now? Are problems solved this way? Are social interactions and discussions not a part of trying to actually accomplish something within any community? Are we not worthy to speak our mind anymore against things that are just not okay? It's very one-sided to think like this. As much as they tell someone else to not be bothered by the new pack, they can apply this rule to themselves and let the discussions and critics also to those who care for it and just move on with what makes them happy. There's is a lot of irony in this.

As much as another decides to accept something, someone else is also entitled to NOT accept it. Especially when there is a lot more to it than just a pack that isn't liked by most. And if anyone feels the need to discuss it and express their emotions, we should not be shunned. It happens way to much these days, its ridiculous.

There are many things happening that should not be ignored and can cause a lot of damage if they are dealt with 'move on and leave it be'. Things that need to be addressed in the least. Turning a blind eye to something like this is probably the big cause of these things to continue.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2020
    Gordy wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone's complaining. Don't you know, simmers everywhere are excited for this pack?

Now they're just taking the 🌺🌺🌺🌺 lmao.

Okay now, let's not come into complaining threads and bring them down please. <3.

Nevermind I didn't see the tweet (🐸🐸🐸🐸 chrome)...carry on.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Blown away by the amount of comments in just two days after this announcement. I will not have to repeat how I feel about it, cause most of you here already said it very well.
    It is the constant stab in the back that is the real issue and then we have the lies and acts as if they truly care and listen while we have clear proof right here that they don't. It is also not the first time. We know they don't listen and care and I feel we come very near to people waking up to that fact. Despite if you happen to like this pack or not... or any other pack. They just simply do not care about their fan base. We should focus on that part.

I remember the statement GuruNinja made in.. the tiny living stream it was right? Where it was all about taking a few minutes to show how they care about us and really listen and some other excuses about the why's and what not.. I am sorry, this pack is supposed to prove your point made then? Or does it actually show that those words were meaningless along with the many others. How many times do we have to see these nonsense comments made by any of them to tell ourselves that perhaps we should stop investing in this company. It is just SAD. S A D

Also, talking about streams. I can't help but wonder that if they do a stream for this pack, how it is going to be? Are they really going to keep up the lie as if this pack is amazing and wanted by the majority? These social media accounts already sell this lie while there's clear proof in the votes AND on any platform that this is not what the community wants. The stream would be so cringe and for sure the chat will blow up with complaints and anger. I just can't seem to envision this ever being a successful stream.. More like a great disaster.
    They either find a reason to not do a stream, tell is this is one big joke (seems less like it) or cover it up with some actual 'good' news that will flip everything up side down and make everyone forget about this shady move. I hope people are not that easy this time and remember that this is really a giant middle finger to the majority and loyal community.
    And that is what I think of this entire thing.

Also the fact that they pretend that people "love" this, just confirms they are just as delusional as I thought they were.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2020

Right. That's what it has always meant. As you can observe, when the game releases the very same people saying "don't like it, don't buy it" will switch over to "You can't judge it unless you buy it". There is no scenario or time in which we complainers are allowed to have an opinion.

You're right.
    You know, I find this way of thinking everywhere since some years now, its a new thing. 'Don't buy it then!'. Are we that easy now? Are problems solved this way? Are social interactions and discussions not a part of trying to actually accomplish something within any community? Are we not worthy to speak our mind anymore against things that are just not okay? It's very one-sided to think like this. As much as they tell someone else to not be bothered by the new pack, they can apply this rule to themselves and let the discussions and critics also to those who care for it and just move on with what makes them happy. There's is a lot of irony in this.

As much as another decides to accept something, someone else is also entitled to NOT accept it. Especially when there is a lot more to it than just a pack that isn't liked by most. And if anyone feels the need to discuss it and express their emotions, we should not be shunned. It happens way to much these days, its ridiculous.

There are many things happening that should not be ignored and can cause a lot of damage if they are dealt with 'move on and leave it be'. Things that need to be addressed in the least. Turning a blind eye to something like this is probably the big cause of these things to continue.

I've argued this since the very first time I saw that ridiculous "don't like it, don't buy it" phrase years ago. I've played The Sims since the early-mid 00s and have invested tons of money into the series over the years. Of course I'm going to have an opinion, and passing over a pack doesn't mean I can't/don't have an opinion over that pack.

Every pack that EA develops always takes the place of another. We're getting Star Wars instead of something else. That's just the facts.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    Lol these kinds of threads make me laugh but it’s justified. Honestly, EA has plenty of SW games. Why even put it in the Sims? How is it even gonna mesh in with the rest of the game? It’s obviously NOT well received. I mean... have you seen the like to dislike ratio on the YT trailer?

Well, for a start it is the only Star Wars game I will be able to finish (hopefully)!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    “With The Sims, we’ve always strived to create content that takes players’ imaginations beyond their limits to tell fun and unique stories in the game, and with The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, they’ll be able to take their Sims on an adventure to the edge of the galaxy,” Lyndsay Pearson, the executive producer of The Sims, said in a statement. “We’re such big Star Wars fans, and set out to create an authentic and immersive Star Wars experience for players that also embodies the self-expression and deep storytelling possibilities with The Sims.”

The Sims has also evolved over time with each new expansion, giving players lots of new stuff to experiment with, build, and design. And while there have been Star Wars cosmetics and other tie-ins in the past, The Sims hasn’t had something at the scale of a full expansion pack before. Thanks to developer Maxis being owned by Star Wars video game licensee EA, Journey to Batuu is a partnership that it seems has been a long time coming.

That bolded part is a joke! There is no deep storytelling capabilities with Sims 4. At all. All the sims act like robots with no depth or emotion. Their fake emotion system in S4 is so far off it's ridiculous. They have no memory. All they do is "animate" emotion, but it's not something the player ever feels from the sim.

The new trailer shows the same boring, bland sims in a new setting. That's all. And they tweek their commercial to make it look like something it is not. And can never be, because stories don't play out for players because sims are robots. The worst of all the series so far. And I thought 3 was bad.

This new vacation destination will play just as badly as JA. Stand there with the tablet and solve something....And then go to the cantina and make it look like the "aliens" mean something.

I can't with this game. I just can't.

Until they decide they are going to do something and fix the emotions and the sims themselves, I can't buy anything. I won't buy anything.

• Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    [quote="Simburian;c-17634181"][quote="BariSaxy;c-17634171"][quote="SimQueenie9;c-17634100"][quote="BariSaxy;c-17634090"]Technically they can claim that Simmers everywhere are excited for the pack. They just can't claim anything about how many. Lol.[/quote]

Really? They can accurately claim there’s at least one excited Simmer [i]everywhere[/i] on the face of the planet?[/quote]

[/quote]

It's not Sims fans they are after. They want to add the millions of Star Wars fans too. Millions more of them out there.[/quote]

THIS. They don’t care about us, and they don’t care about our money. Star Wars fans are insane, they’ll buy base game and this pack just because it says Star Wars, most will never even play it. We’ve been shoved aside for cash, again.
  • Options
    paperyheartspaperyhearts Posts: 10 New Member
    > @keekee53 said:
    > I keep asking myself do they understand what we want?? Do they even know their own community?? This pack confuses me so much.

Yes they do. They had a vote and there was an option for a Star Wars pack and it was literally the least voted on option.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a30426925/sims-4-2020-packs-poll-results-hotels-school-farming/

They know what we want, but instead they choose to give us exactly what we don't want because of that sweet Disney $$$.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    > @keekee53 said:
    > I keep asking myself do they understand what we want?? Do they even know their own community?? This pack confuses me so much.

Yes they do. They had a vote and there was an option for a Star Wars pack and it was literally the least voted on option.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a30426925/sims-4-2020-packs-poll-results-hotels-school-farming/

They know what we want, but instead they choose to give us exactly what we don't want because of that sweet Disney $$$.
    @paperyhearts
    that poll was not carried out by EA. It was an independent poll carried out by Digital Spy which was done in January 2020 when the star wars pack was most likely already in the making anyway.

As Digital Spy says in that article:
    Last week, we compiled a list of 21 different ideas for packs in 2020 and, just for fun, asked readers to vote up as many of their favourites as they liked. There was a total of more than 170,000 'upvotes' across all options.

I am just pointing this out because so many people seem to believe that this poll was done by EA - that EA asked if people wanted Star Wars, found out that they didn't and went ahead and made the pack anyway. That isn't the case.

Now, we could have a discussion about whether EA should have asked if people wanted Star Wars before steamrollering ahead and making a Star Wars pack anyway. Certainly, they should. And even without doing a poll, they should have had some idea that it would not be well received.

Also yes, I do agree that this does show that they have not been listening to what fans have been saying that they want (both on the forums/on social media and on official EA polls). Just because I myself happen to be really excited for this pack doesn't mean I can't accept that these things. Those disappointed do have every right to be.
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    What gets me every time I see the comments on the trailer is the whole "can't control pets because realism," and yet...here we are with a full-blown, honest-to-goodness, TIE-fighting Star Wars pack. (Yes, I was and still am one of those no-good, dirty rotten meanies who was upset we couldn't control pets.)

But seriously... Whenever someone on the team says "we want the game to be realistic" in response to just about any issue being raised, I can't help but roll my eyes. Because honestly, that's fine -- and I know lots of folks (including myself) enjoy a fair bit of realism in their game from time to time. But TS4 is not, has never been, a solely realistic experience. And that's what I really love about it. Hopefully the "realism" excuse is long gone out the window now. (Probably not, though.)

Just wish the explanations made sense and lined up. But they never do 🤷‍♀️ Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy for the folks who are happy about this pack, but...this is the thread for complaining, so... 👍
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    Justin wrote: »
    Here's a sample of EA's dev team:

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

Paralives is happening and I'm on it. Here's hoping EA doesn't buy them out once they're a huge hit.

Anyone who doesn’t believe that race & gender doesn’t have a factor in the quality of the game we’ve had needs to be enlightened.

This kinda explains why they have crap dark skintones...and why they took so long for new skintones...they don't have a POC to do the job...which is very very very VERY sad.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    edited August 2020

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

Paralives is happening and I'm on it. Here's hoping EA doesn't buy them out once they're a huge hit.

Anyone who doesn’t believe that race & gender doesn’t have a factor in the quality of the game we’ve had needs to be enlightened.

This kinda explains why they have 🌺🌺🌺🌺 dark skintones...and why they took so long for new skintones...they don't have a POC to do the job...which is very very very VERY sad.

It dosen't matter, the race developers does not matter.When it comes to developing game.Trust me if some were black.We would still have the same problems.The problem isn't race .The problem is the decisions based on trends.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

This kinda explains why they have 🌺🌺🌺🌺 dark skintones...and why they took so long for new skintones...they don't have a POC to do the job...which is very very very VERY sad.
    That photo isn’t of the Sims team though, and there are POC on the Sims team. Look up SimGuru Azure, she’s awesome and was on one of the more recent live streams.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

That photo isn’t of the Sims team though, and there are POC on the Sims team. Look up SimGuru Azure, she’s awesome and was on one of the more recent live streams.

Exactly, another thing this is a picture of Ea.Not the sims team.Ea has other games besides the sims.They do sport, star, wars, and some independent games.
  • Options

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

It dosen't matter, the race developers does not matter.When it comes to developing game.Trust me if some were black.We would still have the same problems.The problem isn't race .The problem is the decisions based on trends.

I guarantee if there were more POC of the sim's team, the skintones issue would have been fixed a lot quicker!