Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Lmao, that tweet actually made me crack up 🤣🤣🤣 the gurus definitely know there are many not excited. They haven’t made a single comment today, except for the show a pic of your pet. By now they would been like “ did you like what you saw” or “what are you excited about”. They weren’t even this quiet for eco lifestyle.
    I honestly wasn’t too excited for paralives, but now I’m about to donate. It’s about time sims has a competitor
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone's complaining. Don't you know, simmers everywhere are excited for this pack?

Now they're just taking the 🌺🌺🌺🌺 lmao.

Surely they can't be serious.

Now that’s just sad. Now they are completely ignoring the player base on purpose
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I don't want to complain about too much yet since much is not known yet, little Padawans BUT

- I don't think we can live in Batuu and that's a HUGE disappointment to me, if it's true. I really wanted & looked forward to live in space.
    - If the first point is true, Batuu really is just a theme park even if it's "in another world", meaning....
    - It's play the ranks, go home. I don't want that.
    - I don't think all these races will be playable.

If I find more to complain about, I'll check back in 😂

Batuu isn't a Themepark as there are no Themepark rides.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    aktex wrote: »
    This must be a delayed april fools joke, right. I am happy for the players that wanted this, but I don‘t feel like this is Sims anymore. Where is the sandbox gameplay? Are the townies going to walk around the neighbourhood in stormtrooper outfits?

According to SimGuruNinja no their not.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I don't want to complain about too much yet since much is not known yet, little Padawans BUT

- I don't think we can live in Batuu and that's a HUGE disappointment to me, if it's true. I really wanted & looked forward to live in space.
    - If the first point is true, Batuu really is just a theme park even if it's "in another world", meaning....
    - It's play the ranks, go home. I don't want that.
    - I don't think all these races will be playable.

If I find more to complain about, I'll check back in 😂

Batuu isn't a Themepark as there are no Themepark rides.

Sorry an experience theme park then ;)

So far, to me it's a destination world where sims go to pretend SW is a real thing. So essentially what Batuu is in RL too. I really wanted a space pack, but this isn't space, it's Disney.. so far anyway.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    @Gordy that tweet.. omg :o
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
    ouKQoKu.png
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    Justin wrote: »

So why did we still get this pack if it was at the bottom?

Because that poll was not carried out by EA. It was an independent poll carried out by Digital Spy which was done in January 2020 when the star wars pack was most likely already in the making anyway.

As Digital Spy says in that article:
    Last week, we compiled a list of 21 different ideas for packs in 2020 and, just for fun, asked readers to vote up as many of their favourites as they liked. There was a total of more than 170,000 'upvotes' across all options.

I am just pointing this out because so many people seem to believe that this poll was done by EA - that EA asked if people wanted Star Wars, found out that they didn't and went ahead and made the pack anyway. That isn't the case.

Now, we could have a discussion about whether EA should have asked if people wanted Star Wars before steamrollering ahead and making a Star Wars pack anyway. Certainly, they should. And even without doing a poll, they should have had some idea that it would not be well received.

Also yes, I do agree that this does show that they have not been listening to what fans have been saying that they want (both on the forums/on social media and on official EA polls). Just because I myself happen to be really excited for this pack doesn't mean I can't accept that these things. Those disappointed do have every right to be.
    9lMKAZS.jpg

Because that poll was not carried out by EA. It was an independent poll carried out by Digital Spy which was done in January 2020 when the star wars pack was most likely already in the making anyway.

Last week, we compiled a list of 21 different ideas for packs in 2020 and, just for fun, asked readers to vote up as many of their favourites as they liked. There was a total of more than 170,000 'upvotes' across all options.

Thanks for clarifying . But out of all things why was Star Wars on the list? How random could that even be?
    9lMKAZS.jpg

Thanks for clarifying . But out of all things why was Star Wars on the list? How random could that even be?

Maybe they got the idea from the star wars costumes already in the game and the fact EA has the right to make star wars games? Or maybe they got a tip off that EA was working on the pack (though I guess that is unlikely since in that case surely they would have written an article on that).
    9lMKAZS.jpg

Just checked the article where Digital Spy listed all the options and asked people to vote. (that article is here: https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a30380958/sims-4-2020-packs-poll/)

Under the star wars option they said:
    We have Baby Yoda. Potential for more Star Wars crossovers?

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I wish star wars hadn't happened because it's going to make it even harder for occult players to get ACTUAL interesting and in-depth occult sims. Especially if we don't care for star wars. And I don't. :( So back to waiting for the aliens we already have to be improved.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I don't know why everyone's complaining. Don't you know, simmers everywhere are excited for this pack?

Now that’s just sad. Now they are completely ignoring the player base on purpose
    At this point its been about 6 years of completely ignoring the player base I say what's new.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I can’t believe the wrote that tweet saying “simmers everywhere are excited for Star Wars!” Like, do they ever pay any attention to us? It’s honestly insulting
  • XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    The only reason: I'm not a Star Wars fan.
    This is the only game pack so far that I won't buy because the content is of no interest to me.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think the issue is the game developers are out of touch.They make packs base on trends, or what they want in the game.

This is so true, the devs are all thirty something men who hardcore game with first person shooters. They wouldn’t play the sims on their own time. They have NO idea what we’d like to play.

And they don’t care. They’re earning a paycheck. They aren’t passionate about the game.

I can’t WAIT for Paralives— a game that is being developed with PASSION, not a paycheck.

That’s kind of true but also not true, the sims has many female devs. Two I think maybe do play the game in their own time, two I’m pretty sure going by live streams do not but to be fair many of of the devs regardless of their sex give off the the vibe of not knowing their own game very well.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Sorry I could not resist :lol:

From what I have read on social media, this pack is not being well received. Even the dislikes on the video are proportionately less then EL? I think?
    giphy.gif
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Sorry I could not resist :lol:

From what I have read on social media, this pack is not being well received. Even the dislikes on the video are proportionately less then EL? I think?

It's a strange thing, and shows pr control.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Blown away by the amount of comments in just two days after this announcement. I will not have to repeat how I feel about it, cause most of you here already said it very well.
    It is the constant stab in the back that is the real issue and then we have the lies and acts as if they truly care and listen while we have clear proof right here that they don't. It is also not the first time. We know they don't listen and care and I feel we come very near to people waking up to that fact. Despite if you happen to like this pack or not... or any other pack. They just simply do not care about their fan base. We should focus on that part.

I remember the statement GuruNinja made in.. the tiny living stream it was right? Where it was all about taking a few minutes to show how they care about us and really listen and some other excuses about the why's and what not.. I am sorry, this pack is supposed to prove your point made then? Or does it actually show that those words were meaningless along with the many others. How many times do we have to see these nonsense comments made by any of them to tell ourselves that perhaps we should stop investing in this company. It is just SAD. S A D

Also, talking about streams. I can't help but wonder that if they do a stream for this pack, how it is going to be? Are they really going to keep up the lie as if this pack is amazing and wanted by the majority? These social media accounts already sell this lie while there's clear proof in the votes AND on any platform that this is not what the community wants. The stream would be so cringe and for sure the chat will blow up with complaints and anger. I just can't seem to envision this ever being a successful stream.. More like a great disaster.
    They either find a reason to not do a stream, tell is this is one big joke (seems less like it) or cover it up with some actual 'good' news that will flip everything up side down and make everyone forget about this shady move. I hope people are not that easy this time and remember that this is really a giant middle finger to the majority and loyal community.
    And that is what I think of this entire thing.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

I am just pointing this out because so many people seem to believe that this poll was done by EA - that EA asked if people wanted Star Wars, found out that they didn't and went ahead and made the pack anyway. That isn't the case

For real, this poll is being mentioned on twitter/reddit/YouTube as if it’s actually an official poll. Yeah I don’t like the pack, but this wasn’t an official poll. Even after the poll was linked, it’s crazy how many people didn’t even bother to ready the first paragraph to that article. This is how spread false info. The team hasn’t even released the results from any survey. And the community pack vote were just told that pack won, we’re not given actual numbers.

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    logion wrote: »
    EA: "Simmers everywhere are excited for this pack. "

75k dislikes now.

5v4THbC.png

I thought they loved their statistics/numbers over real comments. I guess it served them well ;)
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Technically they can claim that Simmers everywhere are excited for the pack. They just can't claim anything about how many. Lol.
    OO2UdmJ.png