Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite career in Sims 4 in 2020?

Comments

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Since DU Ive really been enjoying the Lawyer career. Between that and Angel Investor from the Business career my sims make tons of money which works great when youre role playing billionaire playboys or spoiled, bratty socialites.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Since DU Ive really been enjoying the Lawyer career. Between that and Angel Investor from the Business career my sims make tons of money which works great when youre role playing billionaire playboys or spoiled, bratty socialites.

True. I also love getting the trait, Invested. It keeps your sims rich.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    I’ve always been partial to the culinary careers, I don’t know what it is about them. Maybe the fact that in real life I’d love to have the ability to create so many awesome dishes. I also really love the Actor career, it’s actually really cute. Get famous as a whole was a great pack.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited September 2020
    I like Actor, Scientist, and Law Enforcement for the "active" careers. I haven't really had a doctor yet so I have no opinion on that one. I have two in the media career, spin doctors. They make a buttload of simoleans. I like freelance painting and photography but you need to have your charisma up for it to be worth it. I just started a style guru. And now, thanks to Calaprfy, I need to start a villain :D
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    A. Scientist, they have a lot more in depth game play objects and potions and they can cause a lot of chaos with their inventions.
    B. Engineer, You can make some cool robotics.
    C. Freelance artist
    D. Esports gamer.
    E. Self-employed Professional home dweller. xD

E is definitely my favorite in this list. Isn't this what we all have been doing for the last few months?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
    BMSO wrote: »
    A. Scientist, they have a lot more in depth game play objects and potions and they can cause a lot of chaos with their inventions.
    B. Engineer, You can make some cool robotics.
    C. Freelance artist
    D. Esports gamer.
    E. Self-employed Professional home dweller. xD

E is definitely my favorite in this list. Isn't this what we all have been doing for the last few months?

:D
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    I quite like all of the "semi-active" careers (ie those that allow my Sims to work from home). But my fav would have to be the Style Influencer career as the tasks/skills required are varied enough to keep things interesting. Plus it is fun to set trends and see random townies walking around in them. :D
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Anything that's not only a rabbit hole. Now that I've been given options, I can no longer stand my sims vanishing into thin aire to reappear half a simday later with a paycheck.
    Happy simming!
    Nushka wrote: »
    Anything that's not only a rabbit hole. Now that I've been given options, I can no longer stand my sims vanishing into thin aire to reappear half a simday later with a paycheck.

Same, I really wish they would make more, if not all the careers playable by option like with GTW and GF. I think the game would feel more complete, then. I thought by now they would have done that.
    tatselk wrote: »
    I quite like all of the "semi-active" careers (ie those that allow my Sims to work from home). But my fav would have to be the Style Influencer career as the tasks/skills required are varied enough to keep things interesting. Plus it is fun to set trends and see random townies walking around in them. :D

They also get promoted fast!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I actually really like the freelance options especially artist.

My other favorite is scientist because as others have said it’s just a lot of fun to explore with.

Crazy enough I have had the game since launch and there are still a chunk of careers I’ve never tried.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    I feel like I use the culinary, writer and painting careers the most.

I don't really enjoy the active careers so much, they never seem to work for me without bugs.

The freelance careers don't really seem like they're worth the effort or maybe I'm just missing something.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,123 Member
    Engineer
    Civil Designer
    Education
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Weirdly enough I like the military career. It's a good career for family play. You actually get a lot of PTO and vacation time so taking time off for family and getting paid decently for it is a perk in itself. Also, it's totally a career you can play at your own pace. You can grind it by doing multiple things in a day, you can rabbit hole, and you can spread out your PTO and have easier work days where you still work on a task or two and have time for other things and other Sims. You can spread PTO throughout your entire career and get paid and promoted fairly.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I love the Detective Career, but have been trying to experience some of the very many careers we now have to choose from. I do play with mods, so Private Practice puts my Uni-grad through Med School. Also, I can now have a singer Sim. (My most favorite career of all-time.) I love the Science career, but sadly, even if both the Sims in a household are in the career, you can't control both while at work. (This needs to be fixed, please.) But, it's far too repetitive to really enjoy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I love the Detective Career, but have been trying to experience some of the very many careers we now have to choose from. I do play with mods, so Private Practice puts my Uni-grad through Med School. Also, I can now have a singer Sim. (My most favorite career of all-time.) I love the Science career, but sadly, even if both the Sims in a household are in the career, you can't control both while at work. (This needs to be fixed, please.) But, it's far too repetitive to really enjoy.

I have also tried the Detective career and thought it was interesting and fun when your sim investigates a crime on one of your own builds, lol. That's cool about the Private Practice. As I mentioned, the Actor career is my favorite because there is more variety than with some of the others.
    Weirdly enough I like the military career. It's a good career for family play. You actually get a lot of PTO and vacation time so taking time off for family and getting paid decently for it is a perk in itself. Also, it's totally a career you can play at your own pace. You can grind it by doing multiple things in a day, you can rabbit hole, and you can spread out your PTO and have easier work days where you still work on a task or two and have time for other things and other Sims. You can spread PTO throughout your entire career and get paid and promoted fairly.

Have you used a military build in your game? I think it's makes even more realistic when they have a military base to visit. Of course, it's not necessary, but I found some cool ones in the gallery section!
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Painting is my favorite, but I'm getting tired of seeing the same paintings over and over. My sim has like three or four favorites that he paints constantly. His brother is a doctor, and I enjoy playing that career as well. It also gets a bit repetitive though. Their sister is going to school to be a teacher, and I am hoping we get the ability to follow teachers to work or own a daycare. I've stopped playing and am only building/renovating until we get a pack that significantly adds to game play. I'm hoping for either a generations style pack or one that deepens the romance/relationship system like Hot Date and Nightlife did. I would also like to see the Sims team update the Get to Work pack and add more to do in the careers. They do a lot of Base Game updates, but I wish they would focus on updating some of the expansion packs.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Probably the work from home jobs and freelancer careers are the ones I go to most. I love the scientist career but played that baby to death and am taking a break from it right now. I really didn't care for the detective career that much but love the acting one.

I need to branch out some, I've never played several careers and some very little. Probably the political one and the salaried one interest me the least. Am getting set to open a flower shop with the flower arranging skill at lvl 10 as I've never done that.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    Painting is my favorite, but I'm getting tired of seeing the same paintings over and over. My sim has like three or four favorites that he paints constantly. His brother is a doctor, and I enjoy playing that career as well. It also gets a bit repetitive though. Their sister is going to school to be a teacher, and I am hoping we get the ability to follow teachers to work or own a daycare. I've stopped playing and am only building/renovating until we get a pack that significantly adds to game play. I'm hoping for either a generations style pack or one that deepens the romance/relationship system like Hot Date and Nightlife did. I would also like to see the Sims team update the Get to Work pack and add more to do in the careers. They do a lot of Base Game updates, but I wish they would focus on updating some of the expansion packs.

I know, really. I honestly thought by now they would have either expanded GTW or at least made the teaching career interactive like the ones in GTW and GF. I was also disappointed that Discover University didn't come with at least a few classroom or classroom spaces on the campuses. Btw, I mostly build too. But mainly because of some of the glitches and bugs that occur here and there. Like my Sims always talking to plants, lol.

As far as paintings are concerned, is your sim playing at level 10? I've noticed if my sim is at a level 10 and has the trait, "CreativeVisionary", they tend to create more paintings that are rare or I haven't seen before.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,075 Member
    I do like the actor career. My sim self’s wife appears to be a regular now on that simlish medical soap opera!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,968 Member
    edited April 2021
    My favorite careers are the get to work careers, Doctor, Scientist, and Detective, oh, and the acting careers as well. The Not only do they have the workplaces with goals, but they also have lot of promotion awards that you can use to create your own Doctors office, science lab and jail., and, if you like rabbit holes, you can click that option too.

Some of the other careers I wish were active ( with work places ) are.... the Political and Military career, Law career, engineer career, teaching career, and business career, it would have just made those careers more fun. Even body builders could have had objectives at a gym.

As for some of the rabbit hole careers like writing, painting, and tech guru, they would have been great to include as a full time work from home career with objectives, or a rabbit hole option if you would rather not work at home. The computer has plenty of things on the computer for tech guru’s and for writers. Also. I thought the social media was a good work from home career. The Music career would have been a good venue career instead just a rabbit hole. I do like that you can DJ at a night club and make money too.

Freelancer careers were fine, but you can’t make as much from those.

I liked with Island living you could do those little side jobs too. I would like to see more of those in packs too.

I like the idea you can sell homemade items from Plopsy, wish they would have included found items as well, like archeology pieces, crystals, fossils, seashells, etc. but at least we do have the tables for those, but I have lost items on tables before.....
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Lately I've been doing the Freelancer career because of its work at home on your own schedule aspect. Initially it's a pain with lots of rejects and fails that makes the first gig seem really poor paying, but as the associated skill goes up the gigs get easier to complete and pay better.

- Programmer is my favorite, don't get the "This is rubbish! Redo." messages from the clients.
    - Writer, often do this one when I fantasize about being a writer.
    - Artist, didn't care for this one as much, wasted so much time looking for where I last left my tablet.

Of the other careers I tend to go into one that parallels an aspiration I'm currently working on. Most often my sim goes a non-career route like growing something that is harvestable every freakin day and sells for a ridiculous amount.
    The cake is a lie
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I love the doctor career, I like being hands on with my sim at work. :) I also like the freelancer careers.