Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite career in Sims 4 in 2020?

Comments

• Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited August 2020
    Wow, the Scientist career is so far the most mentioned here. I did try it for a while and did find it interesting. I also had fun re-decorating the premade lab in the game since there is so much to do with all that work space in the game. I also created some extra mini labs for a few of my Scientist Sims.
    Then, after a while I finally moved on. I think one the careers I was recently disappointed in was the Conservationist career in Island Living. Too bad EA didn't add an underwater feature so your sim could explore underwater for their research. It would have added so much.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Most of the time my Sims are unemployed but they do work hard. (I almost always do rags to riches starting with zero funds, no house and 1 or 2 Sims) There isn't a job or career in this game that makes the kind of money as gardening, collecting, fishing/other hobbies. Plus my Sims are not repeating the same repetitive tasks everyday for very little pay and the frustration of active careers that don't work correctly half of the time. My Sims are hard working self made Sims.

Later, they can become hands on parents with no need for daycare or a nanny. No time wasted on rabbit hole schools and jobs. My Sims can learn, develop relationships and or play all day. In the morning my adult Sims just sells all and let the gardener or patchy do most of the morning work. The rest of the day is me playing and interacting with my Sims instead of letting the game run on 3x speed while they are at work and/or school not learning.

In the evening we have to garden because at 5 pm the garden cycles again and sprouts new weeds etc. To stop this from happening sometimes right before 5 pm I travel with my family to visit, do hobbies, collect or fish in another neighborhood. I just have to make sure everyone is back home by 5 am or they won't get any money from the garden that day. Otherwise we stay home and do the work because there is a chance of a 5 pm harvest and more money. I just depends on me and what I feel like doing with my Sims. I play the game. I don't let the game play me by giving me endless, pointless tasks to do.

With my Sims home all day they can also develop hobbies with a chance of making even more money depending on what I want them to do. Or I can work on Sim aspirations, play out events or work on story lines I want to experience with my Sims. It's my sandbox/doll house time.

I know that just one flower arrangement made by a skilled Sim could sell for over 8 k. We don't need the grind of a boring repetitive career and mindless tasks to make money. My Sims are usually living some form of my dream life by the time I choose to end their story and start a new save with my very own save file.
  • Options
    PuzzlingMysteryPuzzlingMystery Posts: 154 Member
    Style Influencer, I like making up various trends and I love seeing sims around the world wearing them.
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    I like them all except for the freelancer onces, freelancer careers are tedious .

Yeah, way too tedious. These are the ones designated as freelance careers in the career section and it came with the wardrobe and everything. Yet, it requires so much waiting around and completing some really mundane and seemingly unnecessary tasks to get one project done! I tried it a few times and just said forget it.

Yeah the ones that came with the free update a while back....not fun. I prefer rabbitholes to those ones :)@MsKatieRose
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Funny, when it comes to doing a rags to riches story. I like to star story my Sims with $100 they manage to save up or $0 and have them start off in a homeless shelter. I start them off using public computers to take on some freelance work (like paid surveys), fishing (or painting, flower arranging), and doing a part-time Baby sitter, Barista, or Fast food worker job. I may also have them training part-time taking some skill classes, lol. Mine also end with them living in a dream house and career or enterprise of some sort!
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Style Influencer, I like making up various trends and I love seeing sims around the world wearing them.

Yeah, that is so cool when you see random sims wearing the same outfit as your sim!
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Acting hands down, followed by scientist. I'm still too new to the vet career to see how it really compares. The rabbithole careers are all about equal in my mind, since my experience of them is so similar. So my favorite active careers are at the top.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I don't think I have a favorite? I just like having a variety, and picking careers that fit each particular sim I'm playing. I guess if I had to pick, I might go with scientist? But that's mostly just cause I like aliens, and also the mischief potential with all the inventions lol.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'm pretty sure my favorites are Scientist and Actor.

The Scientist career is just so much fun because it gets experimental with gadgets and elixers that you try out on your coworkers, lol. There's a lot packed into that career so I can see why it's coming out on top for a lot of people.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Food critic my sims get to eat nice food from the festivals and restaurants to review. Villain and tech careers are good too. The only careers I don’t use often are the ones that came with get to work and the writer and astronaut career.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    If we are talking inactive one, it has to be the Gamer - that computer is sweet. If we are talking active ones it is definitely Scientist. And if we are taking about monetary value it is...none. I prefer to be a self-employed gardener. With correct plants, it is both profitable and it is a food supply.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Doctor!
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Probably doctor, because I can choose to misdiagnose people and send them home more sick than when they arrived.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    A. Scientist, they have a lot more in depth game play objects and potions and they can cause a lot of chaos with their inventions.
    B. Engineer, You can make some cool robotics.
    C. Freelance artist
    D. Esports gamer.
    E. Self employed Professional home dweller. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Probably doctor, because I can choose to misdiagnose people and send them home more sick than when they arrived.

Ooooh.. I have to try it that way now.. *waits patiently for either Lily Feng or Nancy Landgraab to get ill and show up as a patient* :p

But yes, doctor here too , for the topic question :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hm...

Don't think I have a favorite career. My favorite situation is when I can match a sim to a really good career that suits them and it feels more rewarding to play.

2-5 sims
    If I am playing a large household I like part-time jobs or the ones that are rabbit holes since I then try to give my sims jobs so that I can take turns to do things with them. Like the barista-career, fisher-man/woman. Also an active career makes it difficult for me to story-play an entire household. I like odd-jobs a lot! But I had some problems with them earlier, my sim did the task and it didn't count. Will have to do a test-save next time that my game is patched.

1 sim
    Scientist is really really good, played it a lot earlier so I have to give that one a rest a bit. Actor was fun but I did not get too far because I had to quit. Had a household of 6 sims so I needed a main-sim with a job that had some structure. Will return to that one. There are soo many career that I haven't tried yet, I am a slow player. Astronaut was fun, loved having a spaceship. Author was nice, painter too. Really want to try playing a vet next time I do a single sim. Liked the military one a lot, sparring was great for my active sims.

• Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I don't think I really have one? They are all just sort of okay? In Sims 3 I really liked some of the unique rewards you got in a career so I could easily pick from there. Sims 4 as far as careers go it's mostly just a way to make money. Maybe the actor career (although it can be tedious) if I had to pick one.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    as of lately, my favorite career is running an art gallery when my sims have saved up enough money! i hang some of the most expensive paintings on the walls (along with paintings my sim has painted) and watch them sell. it’s kinda funny seeing a child come in (usually alexander goth) and buy a painting for $5k lmao.
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Scientist or Detective, can't choose one. Next would be Actor, although the wait between gigs/jobs is very tedious. Can always work on skills, though, if my sim lacks those. I also really enjoy Conservationist, especially if my sim lives in Mua Pel'am (many of them do). Goes well with a Rags-to-riches if I allow my sim to have a job.
  • Options
    BMSO wrote: »
    A. Scientist, they have a lot more in depth game play objects and potions and they can cause a lot of chaos with their inventions.
    B. Engineer, You can make some cool robotics.
    C. Freelance artist
    D. Esports gamer.
    E. Self employed Professional home dweller. xD

Lol, the robotics your sim can make is pretty interesting! That's why I think a futuristic expansion game pack would be interesting and match well with these robots.
  • Options
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Scientist or Detective, can't choose one. Next would be Actor, although the wait between gigs/jobs is very tedious. Can always work on skills, though, if my sim lacks those. I also really enjoy Conservationist, especially if my sim lives in Mua Pel'am (many of them do). Goes well with a Rags-to-riches if I allow my sim to have a job.

Actors is my favorite. But aside from the wait times (which can be reduced, but still a pain). They don't get paid enough as they progress up the ladder. Yet their fame level does in an uneven way. For example, your Actor sim may be promoted to movie star, yet still live in a modest apartment with paparazzi outside his/her place, which is weird and unsafe, really 😁 .
  • Options
    as of lately, my favorite career is running an art gallery when my sims have saved up enough money! i hang some of the most expensive paintings on the walls (along with paintings my sim has painted) and watch them sell. it’s kinda funny seeing a child come in (usually alexander goth) and buy a painting for $5k lmao.

Yeah, I also had that happen in some other kind of retail shop my sim was running. I was thinking, shouldn't a kid be only interested in kid stuff?
  • Options
    Hm...

Don't think I have a favorite career. My favorite situation is when I can match a sim to a really good career that suits them and it feels more rewarding to play.

2-5 sims
    If I am playing a large household I like part-time jobs or the ones that are rabbit holes since I then try to give my sims jobs so that I can take turns to do things with them. Like the barista-career, fisher-man/woman. Also an active career makes it difficult for me to story-play an entire household. I like odd-jobs a lot! But I had some problems with them earlier, my sim did the task and it didn't count. Will have to do a test-save next time that my game is patched.

1 sim
    Scientist is really really good, played it a lot earlier so I have to give that one a rest a bit. Actor was fun but I did not get too far because I had to quit. Had a household of 6 sims so I needed a main-sim with a job that had some structure. Will return to that one. There are soo many career that I haven't tried yet, I am a slow player. Astronaut was fun, loved having a spaceship. Author was nice, painter too. Really want to try playing a vet next time I do a single sim. Liked the military one a lot, sparring was great for my active sims.

I also like giving my sims the barista job sometimes too because I like the early hours and then, I can do other things with them when they return home early. It's also a good beginning job if my sim is trying to hustle with other freelance (or odd jobs) type of jobs like painting, archaeology authentication stuff, etc.
  • Options
    Nindigo wrote: »

Ooooh.. I have to try it that way now.. *waits patiently for either Lily Feng or Nancy Landgraab to get ill and show up as a patient* :p

But yes, doctor here too , for the topic question :)

As a sim doctor, I like performing surgery using that robotic machine is hilarious! Especially, when your doctor removes the wrong organ in the sim he/she is operating on.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2020
    Freelance Artist is my go-to for Creatives that I don't want to lock into a schedule. The income is good, and flexibility is unparalleled.

What's tedious to some is someone else's favorite.