Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your Thoughts: Your Favorite Floor Pattern(s)?

LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
Hey folks. I'm sure a lot of us stick to a few build mode items whenever we build, decorate, renovate and repeat. I noticed I'm quite obsessed with a couple of floorings that none of my sims' homes are complete without those.
I'm not that certain if other folks felt this way too, so I figured I'd start a thread and find it out :smile:
So here I'll show my favorite ones. 2 of them, to be precise.

The Ol' Hickory.
bSYrGD9.png
It's not the most even nor very regular in size to say, but this ol' hickory has, I mean just has what it takes to make things right, you know? I think the sweetest bit is these planks make homes feel like homes. Not awfully symmetrical, natural feel textures with varied colors. Oh and there are a good range of color swatches to pick from, too. From darker, warmer to neutral and even cooler ones. That totally makes the Ol' Hickory one of my most well used wood flooring!
(btw it's from Cats&Dogs in case you didn't know :smile: )
pINFhYN.png

For rooms less suited for wooden floorings, I almost uniformly use Now and Zen, at the very least, start trying with this one. oTyqvaT.png
Reasons is similar, to me Now and Zen (from Spa Day) is non-boring, well textured, somewhat colorful while keeping the smooth. A bit sterile I might call it, but there are occasions that calls for this sterile atmosphere. Such as in a bathroom :wink:
(note that sterility, hygiene are mostly illusions - you're keyboard is NOT necessarily cleaner than the bathroom!)
ltjfDag.png

Well I was just, sharing my virtual design choices. It feels good when I can see myself out.

And it goes with my question: What's your floor pattern of choice?(doesn't have to be in the Sims 4, though best be)
And your thoughts, too. I'll love to hear that :smiley:
AxxYIX4.png

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    You have great taste! I love all the floor materials you've showcased.

My floor patterns of choice have changed dramatically since getting Eco Lifestyle. I'm still struggling to turn any of my neighborhoods green, so I am only using green building materials now.

In general, I love black-and-white diamond tile/linoleum, and wood planks.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited August 2020
    I really like the masonry patterns. I’m always trying to fit in brickwork somewhere 😅. Also there’s this one particular terrain paint I like that looks like muddy rocks. Love that one too.

Also OP, it’s interesting because the first wood flooring you show, I almost never use because I don’t like how much differentiation there is in each plank of wood. Or maybe I should say I don’t like how the different tones in each plank are not more subtle.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    The Sloppy Paint. One of my favorites from Cats&Dogs. Just gives me that New England seaside cottage vibe.

bIymY9f.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Oh yeah, as part of my green effort, I'm replacing all of the grass terrain paint with a grass tile that gives eco points. So I'm using the same grass tiles over and over.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Love your taste. Thanks for sharing. Now I know what I can do for my house lol
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited August 2020
    Without a doubt, the dark wood swatch for the wood floor from Cats & Dogs. It's just so versatile. It looks good in a farmhouse or a modern house and everything in between.

My second favorite is probably the white one in Simgirl1010's picture above. It's another versatile one. As far as build stuff, Cats & Dogs has some of my favorite pieces.

I feel like there is another flooring that I'm forgetting so I'll just stick to those.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    It really depends on the wall color--I like contrasts. And it depends on the room as well (bath and kitchen always get tile).

Let's say I'm doing a bath in medium blue--I'll go with the whitest tile there is (no pattern) to lighten things up.

If I'm doing a dark green living room, it gets beige carpet--if I go with dark flooring as well, it's going to look like a dungeon.

If I do a kitchen in a bright, sunny yellow, I'll usually go with black tile for contrast
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I love the wall tiles from Jungle Adventures and I'm so annoyed they don't have floor tiles to match.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited August 2020
    wood:
    base game brown and black woods (mostly i just settle with ones first in catalog cause lazy but if i really took pick id say less detailed woods with bigger planks mostly)
    detailed vampires one that goes sideways in dark tones too cause idk its cool
    hickory sloppy paint and the base game less patterned light wood

literally probably all of tiles and stone and such cause i need most of them for something (it be faster naming what i don't like)

but especially
    base game: dark blue one,black &white,pastel&white, terracotta, basic grey ones with idk less small and less shiny squares,that whatever beigey one with different tiles, basic marbles

spa day & jungle adventure in general
    (my heart hurts when someone hates on jungle adventure tiles I love them)

grass, sand,basement ones id probably scream for not having cause like idk basic needs if u wanna do anything fun with rooftops

+ concrete ones cause obviously basics too

carpets are eh but sometimes i use vampires ones for some themey needs

in general: 90% of house is dark wood or light beigey wood and then i take some time choosing the tiles for bathrooms & sometimes kitchens & sometimes outdoors purposes

but also: themey needs call for options i don't necessarily call faves but id be sad for not having anyway

honestly it just be much faster to say what I hate:
    overly shiny small tiles especially in bright colors
    (they look like idk badly cleaned like dirty at seam cause idk just weird)
    woods that look super plasticy (wood should look like actual wood not that apartment bad laminate)
    carpets in general kinda ew but thats probably cause no one use carpet in my country and its deemed unhygienic
    that one bigger modern grey tile with like just ugly big bricky look idk annoys me
    those white tiles that got like one different color tile in the middle for no reasons to annoy my brain
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    not sure what tiles called but form ts4 vampire rather interesting even carpet it a very nice dark this coming someone who goth rl lol also like etc from spa day colour wall and tile to match-make a rainbow out of.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr