Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Maxis will celebrate 6 years with the sims4?

logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
So the sims4 turns 6 years next week, do you think Maxis will do something to celebrate?

Do you think Maxis will celebrate 6 years with the sims4? 132 votes

Yes, they will do something big, like a free game update.
3%
smurf45blueFlapColton147147Laira 4 votes
Yes, they will do a small update.
11%
Frn0731mcruddelemmelealanmichael1MindofyDoloresGreyStarfreeHearts4uphoenixstar188TS1299WispyeGordyprettyscion06Calico45Cavapoo_King 15 votes
Yes, a small tweet. And another sale.
38%
alexspoom13SimliriousAngelllite7AuroraBoreallisSageRainWillowelanorbretonMariefoxprice83LadyDecafloubyloulouLustianiciaAquariusMomtaydevduhboy2u2amberlinabixtersThenyoukissmeianxziBatmanFanGirlOnverserWaytoomanyUIDs 51 votes
No.
46%
crocobaurabshag4lvGoldmoldarwinkeljohn78verlainemsims2freak737Colorist40overonCamkatTheSpotted_CasimbsimMeteoraStormNadja55simgirl1010Paigeisin5drake_mccartyfruitsbasket101bevilleAlwe1507spice3 62 votes

Comments

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    No.
    Considering how they celebrated that 20th year milestone, I don't think anything will happen at all for 6 years.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    They might give some information about the next GP, and maybe have another sale...

And of course, a tweet.

I'm not even expecting a reused hot tub this time.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    No.
    They likely will tweet, now that I think about it. Probably use that 15 year graphic. :D

I'm doubtful there will be a sale, but I think that might depend if they announce the next pack. I think the sale would be more about promoting collection completion though than their birthday.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    They likely will tweet, now that I think about it. Probably use that 15 year graphic. :D

I'm doubtful there will be a sale, but I think that might depend if they announce the next pack. I think the sale would be more about promoting collection completion though than their birthday.

Yeah, the "No" option is meant to be, just a tweet, and nothing else.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The game was announced 7 years ago the other day and that didn't even get a mention.

I expect we'll probably get a recolored chair with an exciting plumbob design! Or maybe they'll take the murphy bed, make an ugly swatch and put it in the base game, who cares about the people who paid for it! :D

But more likely just a tweet "it's the 6th anniversary. here's the same sale we've had going on for the entire year back again. you haven't seen it for a week but it's back now! yay!"
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    No.
    Given the lacklustre celebration they had for the franchise's 20th anniversary, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    No.
    Nope, I don't.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    No.
    Considering how they celebrated that 20th year milestone, I don't think anything will happen at all for 6 years.

My thoughts.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    No.
    I have noticed that the some popular game changers and YTers are not making new content or doing lets plays. They are either absent from YT or doing the same challenges over and over. They are stalling for something. Perhaps creating content to do with the new game pack that has not been announced. I remember that lack of YT content 2 weeks before EL came out. Most of them had been playing behind the scenes until the embargo lifted.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Yes, they will do a small update.
    What I'm hoping for: Cars. What I expect: Some useless furniture/decor item and add a feature. Not a game-changing feature, just a decent and helpful feature that we frankly should have gotten 6 years ago. Then we'll get a sale: the base-game is $5 or less, EPs are 50% off (except for Eco Lifestyle, which will be 25% off), 25% off on Game Packs, and if we're really lucky, 10% off on Stuff Packs.

IIRC, the 20th anniversary floptacular was because they forgot about the anniversary. They'll probably keep that in mind and try to do a little better this time.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2020
    Celebrating big is not their style.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No.
    We don't need more lackluster bloatware.
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    No.
    No, just no.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    No.
    Nope. I think they are putting all of their focus into TS5, so I wouldn't expect to see much from them regarding TS4
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I voted for a sale but they could release something for free too although i dont think it is very likely.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    No.
    No expectations.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Whatever it is I hope it’s as exciting and thrilling as the marvelously memorable 20th anniversary! 🎉
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    My expectations aren't that high for it this year.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    No.
    Nope, about says it all.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    No.
    I doubt it. Like others have already mentioned, the franchise's 20th anniversary was barely mentioned, if at all, so it's unlikely that they will celebrate 6 years with Sims 4, it's not even a round number.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    No.
    6 is an "odd" number for a celebration. They already did it for 5, I think? But let's hope they don't try to aim for 10. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No.
    In view of how they treated the big 20, a snowball in the Amazon basin has a better chance.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Yes, they will do something big, like a free game update.
    Well, with GP coming 8th September, I guess next patch will be 3rd September?..... could have some special trick
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    No.
    No and if they do it’s nothing because the sims 20th was a bust :/
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No.

Exactly.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports