Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell me about your Hotel

Comments

• Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    To everyone building hotels, on what kind of lots do you build your hotels?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    To everyone building hotels, on what kind of lots do you build your hotels?

I have some lots with just a couple rooms built above the bar, like the karaoke bar in San Myshuno's Spice Market. 2nd floor kinda asked for a simple and worn lodging, which I pretend is administrated by the barkeeper. These rooms are not busy, and are basically meant for my active sims.

If you meant lot category, my full lot hotel is categorized restaurant, I figured it was a nice way to combine a hotel facility with keeping the lot busy. Only problem with that is that the Waiters/Host will send guests to any dining table, regardless of floors. I guess it would be cool integrating the Host podium with the reception desk, hm... might try that :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I do lodging areas also on all types of community lots also. Like I'll put beds and mini fridges in some of the gyms, sometimes even libraries and lounges. I always make the upper floor in the national forest build in OR a bedroom with a comfortable bed and bathroom. That's one really good thing about community lots in this game you can set it up really fast if you need it.
    It doesn't replace the ability to rent a room though and I'd really like that possibility.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    So since I clearly hate myself Ive built SEVERAL hotels/motels knowing they'll never function as such. I have at least 8 spread out over my 2 saves, so I'll share the ones Im most proud of.

The Crowne Palace Motel
    1 Plumbob Rating
    Once a source of town pride in its glory days, is now a dilapidated and near forgotten structure on its last legs. Its restaurant attracted locals, and also served to house weary travelers and tourists on vacation. However, due to Strangerville's declining economy and inability to encourage tourism within the last 2 decades, the motel has fallen into serious disrepair and could very well be torn down to make way for a parking lot. People are advised not to stay in the motel's rooms.

PGZqlG6.png
    suQhIoZ.png
    zD2Ay1J.png

The Regency Queen Hotel
    3 Plumbob Rating
    Situated in downtown Mirage Canyon, the hotel sits perfectly in between the city's vibrant nightlife and restaurants. Whether you're on a business trip or on a romantic getaway, this hotel is as stylish as it is affordable. All rooms come with 1 queen bed. Suites include a separate sitting area, microwave and fridge. Conference room is available for business meetings and gatherings.

PuNx7rS.png
    eJIAGjA.png
    5KChvnQ.png
    GbPXdwr.png

Sandy Oasis Motel
    2 Plumbob Rating
    Located off of Interstate 169, this motel is the ideal rest stop for travelers on long road trips. Comfortable rooms at cheap rates, its a popular choice for family vacations. Only 30 minutes from the beach! All rooms come with 2 queen beds, fridge and microwave. Hot/cold breakfast is included!

5tztcmO.png
    xt3aN5v.png
    X0akXoe.png

Motel 7
    2 Plumbob Rating
    A discount motel chain with basic, yet comfortable rooms for cheap prices. Great for travelers looking for short stays, or family trips. All rooms are either single or double queen beds, with a kitchenette. On site laundry is available.
    k7ocj16.png

Casbah Heights
    4 Plumbob Rating
    Located in the artsy corner of San Myshuno, Casbah Heights is the ideal location for visitors wishing to explore the Arts Quarter in sophistication and style. All rooms offer spectacular views of the city, with some standard rooms and suites offering balcony views. Bask in the creative energy of the city during the day, but feel free to step inside the Casbah Cafe for a latte or take your tastebuds on a culinary journey at our on-site restaurant. (Reservations highly encouraged)

Choose from either single or double queen rooms or single queen suites. Balcony rooms depend on availability.
    B9ol1Am.png
    7kPpeWY.png
    VXYpmfm.png
    5iUD44H.png
    diHmJge.png

The Queen's View Inn
    2.5 Plumbob Rating
    In the early days of Brindleton, the inn was once of the first structures built in Whiskerman's Wharf. Many men were working and building the docks, so someone thought to build a boarding house for them. For about 5 simoleans a week, a dock worker could rent a cot and have access to 2 free meals a day. Since wages were good on the docks(on average a dock worker could make perhaps 9 simoleans a day) it was ideal for the men who wanted to save up for their families or spend freely on themselves and not worry about finding a bed for the night. Sailors enjoying land after months at sea were a common sight, and were welcomed at the house and tavern as long as they had money to spend. The downtown area had built up around the boarding house and stayed intergral to Brindleton Bay's maritime history. Over time, the family that owned the boarding house turned it into an inn to further preserve it.

gmlLI5P.png
    enEBOkj.png

Is The Crowne Palace Motel on the gallery
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited August 2020
    Here's one that I finished yesterday, it's up on my Gallery page if you want to download it. :) CC-free but pack-heavy!

08-25-20-10-45-28-PM.png

I've designated it as a pool for the purpose of uploading it but using LittleMsSam's More Buyable Venues mod I can turn it into a hotel for my Sims to stay at. :)
  • Options
    Here's one that I finished yesterday, it's up on my Gallery page if you want to download it. :) CC-free but pack-heavy!

08-25-20-10-45-28-PM.png

I've designated it as a pool for the purpose of uploading it but using LittleMsSam's More Buyable Venues mod I can turn it into a hotel for my Sims to stay at. :)

Awesome! I actually scrolled my mouse wheel to zoom in, LOL :)
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I changed the The Old Quarter Inn in windenberg to a real inn by adding 2 suites upstairs.
    I would love a hotel pack!
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    this hotel business bores me to no end, sadly. not interesting in the least.
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I only have one hotel so far and it's still under some final construction. I build parts of it then go to play other households then come back. Like a real hotel, it's a big construction project. My hotel is currently named Sulani Oasis but I think I will rename it Sulani Pearl.

I built it on Key Point in Sulani, the private island. It is currently designated as a restaurant though it also has spa features and a patio with a ladder into the ocean. On the ground floor, it's mainly a restaurant with an area that looks like a hotel breakfast bar and a more formal area. There are massage tables and hand/foot massage stations. There are lounge areas. I need to figure out how I will set up the bar. There is a casual picnic table outside. There are also beach showers.

It has 4 personalized hotel rooms with private baths of different sizes including a room with twin beds. All of those rooms have private balconies as well.

The third floor is still under construction but has a large wraparound roof deck. Maybe I'll share it when it is done. I'd characterize it as a luxury boutique hotel but one that still feels warm and inviting. There is a check-in desk and with the restaurant, staff walk around.

I'd have interest in a hotel pack.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    I only have one hotel so far and it's still under some final construction. I build parts of it then go to play other households then come back. Like a real hotel, it's a big construction project. My hotel is currently named Sulani Oasis but I think I will rename it Sulani Pearl.

I built it on Key Point in Sulani, the private island. It is currently designated as a restaurant though it also has spa features and a patio with a ladder into the ocean. On the ground floor, it's mainly a restaurant with an area that looks like a hotel breakfast bar and a more formal area. There are massage tables and hand/foot massage stations. There are lounge areas. I need to figure out how I will set up the bar. There is a casual picnic table outside. There are also beach showers.

It has 4 personalized hotel rooms with private baths of different sizes including a room with twin beds. All of those rooms have private balconies as well.

The third floor is still under construction but has a large wraparound roof deck. Maybe I'll share it when it is done. I'd characterize it as a luxury boutique hotel but one that still feels warm and inviting. There is a check-in desk and with the restaurant, staff walk around.

Sounds awesome! I don't have the IL pack, but it should be the perfect destination for hotels!
  • Options
    this hotel business bores me to no end, sadly. not interesting in the least.

That's all good! This game has so many opportunities, it would be weird if we all handled it in the same way.

I like the hotel theme because they are fun to build. You need to think organization and the interior of a hotel is often of a certain kind, although there of course are many sorts of hotels - from the cozy lodging, to the worn hostel to a colder conference center. I also like the idea of having a family run a hotel for generations. Each generation might change something, one generation might not even be so interested. Also, thinking of a hotel covering shady business, being an arena for anything from cheating/dating and criminals. I can do most of this (except running it as a business unless my folks run it as a restaurant, technically) without a hotel pack, though.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Cavapoo_King
    It is now! Enjoy! Gallery ID: InuMiroLover
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    You can get the Spas to create something like a hotel in Sulani, building extra bedrooms and a large kitchen on. I lock a bedroom for my own Sim as other Sims want to use it too. I take tents and coolboxes with my Sims too and they can spend long weekends there.

That's the nearest to a hotel I can manage at the moment but it shows that Maxis could do it if they wanted to.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    You can get the Spas to create something like a hotel in Sulani, building extra bedrooms and a large kitchen on. I lock a bedroom for my own Sim as other Sims want to use it too. I take tents and coolboxes with my Sims too and they can spend long weekends there.

That's the nearest to a hotel I can manage at the moment but it shows that Maxis could do it if they wanted to.

How do you lock the bedroom door?
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Clicking on the door and choosing to lock it.
  • Options
    Duvelina wrote: »

In my game it's not possible to lock doors on community lots. I assume that he/she must be using a mod in order to lock the door?
  • Options

In my game it's not possible to lock doors on community lots. I assume that he/she must be using a mod in order to lock the door?

Ah. You can make a club, if you have that feature, and lock a door to only allow that club as a way to get around it.
  • Options

Ah. You can make a club, if you have that feature, and lock a door to only allow that club as a way to get around it.

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. But it seems like a hassle to create a club just for sleeping. :lol:
  • Options

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. But it seems like a hassle to create a club just for sleeping. :lol:

I guess... It's like two clicks or something but sure. 😂
  • Options
    I think it depends on which door you use. I had problems locking some doors, but others could be locked, and I don't think I ever used the club system for visiting hotels.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member

Sounds awesome! I don't have the IL pack, but it should be the perfect destination for hotels!

Thanks, yes, IL is well-suited to making your own hotel. I hadn't thought about it in other worlds, but yes, if you add bedrooms, you can basically do that. It's true that it's interesting to think about the many types of hotels that are possible.

It's a lot of work but I do like when I actually build my own lots. I'm trying to get away from just building boxes.

Probably the main thing that could be added by a hotel pack would be having to reserve a room and interacting with others. It's also a different type of vacation.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    I wish I had one. What else would you like to know?
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    83zpy7T.jpg
    QFzHl34.jpg
    2edW052.jpg
    zo0G2y7.jpg
    CcReYgQ.jpg
    v5cuzH4.jpg

Heres a hotel I made to do Dr Gluons hotel challenge. Its called the Houndstooth Hotel. I tried to make it as close as possible to his while also being its own place, as if it was sold and updated. The rule of the challenge is to set the lot to residential but only control the hotel owner. Im sure you could visit here normally though if you just wanted to have it in the town, maybe set it as a bar or lounge like it was origionally.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Thanks to a few mods* I made a "hotel" for all sorts of tawdry types of adults.

There is a mod by Little Ms Sam that allows you to have live in businesses like vet clinics, stores and bars, even daycares.Works like a charm for my purposes.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thanks to a few mods* I made a "hotel" for all sorts of tawdry types of adults.

There is a mod by Little Ms Sam that allows you to have live in businesses like vet clinics, stores and bars, even daycares.Works like a charm for my purposes.

I have seen this mod but never tried... how do you make it work for hotels? Or does it has that option from the beginning?