Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell me about your Hotel

Many of us want a hotel pack, but I'm sure we play some sorts of lodging and hotels anyway. The roommates feature that came with UNI helps, or maybe you just have community lot hotels for a place your sim can stay while on honeymoon or visiting other worlds?

I have both kinds. Both in Oasis Springs and in Windenburg's oldtown there are residential homes with a few extra bedrooms for lodgers, and (I pretend) the house owners serves meals and tidies rooms etc, as if it was their profession. I cheat them a little income, because the rent from roommates is too random.

In San Myshuno I have a tiny lodging (2 rooms only + common serve yourself some micro food & tea) above the karaoke club. I added stairs to 2nd floor, imagining it's managed by the bartender.

20200823a.jpg

In Magnolia Promenade I turned the Roadstead into a more traditional hotel. It includes 7 rooms, dining area, lounge, reception and mini gym/spa in the basement. It's categorized as a restaurant, trying to make the hotel busy rather than running a successful restaurant, though.

Many pictures and more text from Hotel Roadstead on my blog.

How about you?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    YESSSS I would love a hotel pack. It would be great if you could use it to make any world a destination world. I have a fancy spa I made for Strangerville. I think I will try to add lodging and see what happens. I love what you did Simmerville. Looks awesome.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I would love a hotel pack! I would create a spiritual retreat resort. Yoga, meditation and such.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I would love a hotel pack! I would create a spiritual retreat resort. Yoga, meditation and such.

I always wanted such a resort in Selvadorada :)
    YESSSS I would love a hotel pack. It would be great if you could use it to make any world a destination world. I have a fancy spa I made for Strangerville. I think I will try to add lodging and see what happens. I love what you did Simmerville. Looks awesome.

Thanks! StragerVille would be a cool location for a hotel, I never thought of that! There could eve be some kind of organized weird tour to the lab etc :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Instead of hotel, I would prefer it in a form of resort. Probably they could add lodging/renting lot type & allow multiple lot types in one lot. So, we can use the existing lot type to create any kind of lodging that we can have.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member

I have such a hotel in Sulani. It's a spa with a bedroom. Other guests don't use the bedroom so it works great as a hotel. I have another mini hotel in Willow Creek, small reception desk and two rooms above a restaurant. I have removed the TV from one of the rooms, so other sims don't bother the sim sleeping there.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have several community lots with one or sometimes more hotel rooms. I originally made them when the overlapping festivals bug was still very prominent. But now I often make hotel rooms just to fill up space and to have a woohoo spot that isn't yet another bush or closet :joy: I haven't really built any community lots that are specifically intended as hotels.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • KerittaKeritta Posts: 26 Member
    I think a hotel pack would only make sense if they added some spa stuff. I mean the whole point is to relax and for honey moons to create a romantic atmosphere so I'd say that would have to be a mixture of romantic, tropical, relaxing and maybe even modern build mode items.

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Keritta wrote: »
    I think a hotel pack would only make sense if they added some spa stuff. I mean the whole point is to relax and for honey moons to create a romantic atmosphere so I'd say that would have to be a mixture of romantic, tropical, relaxing and maybe even modern build mode items.

It's more like resort than hotel then. Hotel is mainly for lodging, which normally come with meal, but resort is where one can relax & enjoy some entertainments other than lodging, etc. If this is a thing, I doubt they will include the spa stuff, because we already have the Spa Day. Most probably they will add in other kind of entertainment like mini golf course or paragliding, if they're planning to do a resort type of management gameplay.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,967 Member
    edited August 2020
    Keritta wrote: »

You can make one like that if you have spa day. Just make a spa, add a front desk, and place bedrooms where you want them. I probably would not put baths in the bedroom rooms though because marked as a spa NPC’s might use them.

But, yes it would be nice to have a hotel lot, where you could place other resort amenities there.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have a few in my save games.
    I have a reporter character that lives in a motel. I got it on the gallery and redid a few things but it's called "The Sleep Inn Motel" by dariakatefina. I needed her to live in a motel because the fictional character I play stays in motels often. Anyway it's suppose to be kind of a dive. The pool is filthy.. it's great. I had to put a kitchen area in the room next to hers because we have no other real way to have a sim use a hotel/motel like they should.
    I wanted her to live in the motel in the last shot and it's on the lot next to hers but because I made it residential I didn't want to have her pay for the larger place. It just didn't make sense to me.
    8uYmjqi.png
    3oewYNn.png
    Elv8igN.png
    eISgCBy.png

The other one I have in my game is the The Bates Motel... I put it on a generic lot near the Pyscho house and really haven't used it. I hope to be able to run it one day on Norman though. Other than that I mostly just use generic lots and my sims go to them and I pretend they are at a hotel/motel while they do whatever I want them to do in the area. Mostly they are just houses that I pretend are B&B's.

What I'd like to be able to do if we get a motel/hotel/resort or B&B system is be able to check in and out pay motel or hotel rates, be able to order food and maybe have other amenities available. Also would love to see other sims check in and out of empty rooms. I'm not sure I'd ever use a resort if we got one.. or might just to see what it's like, but I hope we have the ability to have smaller places if they ever give us this system.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited August 2020
    I have several hotel/resort lots. Some I downloaded, others I made.

One I downloaded is called ‘Dragon Inn’ and the builder made it look just like a dragon, great builder. It is marked as a bar because there is a bar in the tail end. There is an upstairs bedroom with one double bed. And a couple of others with one single bed it each. It also has a kitchen/front room, and bathrooms It is a fairly small lot. It goes very well in the desert.

Another lot I downloaded is a western ghost town. I believe it is called JJ’s ghostown ( not sure about the name.). It really looks like a western ghost town!! It has a western house/hotel on one side with a kitchen/living room combo, a separate bath and small bedroom with a double bed. Across the the street it has a saloon. I marked this a lounge. It has a bar, and I added a buffet table and other instruments besides a piano, and a microphone. I believe I put a card table there too. Other area buildings: they have an enlarged train ( it looks like a real train, I believe it was meant to be a movie set. I added a camera when get famous came out. Across from that is a horse stall, complete with an enlarged toy horse, I believe I added a wood working table there too. Down at the other end of the street there is an out door studio area that I added to when get famous came out. Good place to take pictures. And across from that is a grave yard. I added some harvestable plants and a florist table there. Some builders are just fantastic, the things they can make are incredible!

I took the shipwrecked lot and I made it a nightclub/ hotel. The first basement floor is a nautical themed nightclub ( with the boat shape) and the second floor basement is an old fashioned hotel (boat shaped). It has a large double bed in one bedroom and a couple other bedrooms with single beds and a toddler bed. It has a large middle with an old desk, it has a small kitchen, a dining area and couch with tv and bookcase. And there are couple of bathrooms. The lot uses a lot of candles, In fact, most areas are lit by candles. Outside there is a pond from get famous, a wedding area, children’s play sets and beach towels and stuff. I use this one a lot with my DJ. I take the whole friend household when he needs to work. They can sleep, or do their home work for the next day there, while he works.

I also downloaded long ago a Science center in which I have added many basement floors to. One is a small bedroom.

I use a couple of small houses in Sulani as Rentals, especially for my fisherman and his wife who live else where.

I still want to make or download a restaurant that is a restaurant/hotel in Sulani. And, I was thinking that using a community center with a hotel might be good somewhere too.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I would give hotels/resorts a try if we got a pack. I never gave a thought to doing this in the game now but sounds fun! I usually play rags to riches or play out a story line I wrote. I might have to try doing this in my game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'ld love a pack with hotels, resorts, motels... with the ability to run them, live in one or just use them once in a while... and it could come with the ability of owning multiple homes and renting them to npcs. It could be called Real Estate Empire Game Pack.

I want to play a rags to riches challenge starting living in a rented room at a rundown motel and would end owning every real estate in the game.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I like the hotel idea, though it makes more sense (to me) to have it as part of a vacation destinations pack on the order of TS2 Bon Voyage or TS3 World Adventures. I have a restaurant called 'Ladybird Landing' (on the gallery) that although primarily restaurant has a small gym, bar, reading room, and several bed rooms with bathrooms where sims can stay the night. Not exact, but it works, and it's a very lively place. In my games, anyway.
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I have a few in my save games.
    I have a reporter character that lives in a motel. I got it on the gallery and redid a few things but it's called "The Sleep Inn Motel" by dariakatefina. I needed her to live in a motel because the fictional character I play stays in motels often. Anyway it's suppose to be kind of a dive. The pool is filthy.. it's great. I had to put a kitchen area in the room next to hers because we have no other real way to have a sim use a hotel/motel like they should.
    I wanted her to live in the motel in the last shot and it's on the lot next to hers but because I made it residential I didn't want to have her pay for the larger place. It just didn't make sense to me.
    8uYmjqi.png
    3oewYNn.png
    Elv8igN.png
    eISgCBy.png

The other one I have in my game is the The Bates Motel... I put it on a generic lot near the Pyscho house and really haven't used it. I hope to be able to run it one day on Norman though. Other than that I mostly just use generic lots and my sims go to them and I pretend they are at a hotel/motel while they do whatever I want them to do in the area. Mostly they are just houses that I pretend are B&B's.

What I'd like to be able to do if we get a motel/hotel/resort or B&B system is be able to check in and out pay motel or hotel rates, be able to order food and maybe have other amenities available. Also would love to see other sims check in and out of empty rooms. I'm not sure I'd ever use a resort if we got one.. or might just to see what it's like, but I hope we have the ability to have smaller places if they ever give us this system.

Those are cute I’m going to have to look for them in the gallery! I like the idea of sending off your reporter to motel rooms. I need to try that with mine. I have been wanting to take him to Siverdorado to write about the culture and archeology.

edited August 2020
    I hope they do bring out hotels/resorts. But, when they bring them out I hope they let us put the lots in any world. The regular worlds , and the vacation worlds.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2020
    So since I clearly hate myself Ive built SEVERAL hotels/motels knowing they'll never function as such. I have at least 8 spread out over my 2 saves, so I'll share the ones Im most proud of.

The Crowne Palace Motel
    1 Plumbob Rating
    Once a source of town pride in its glory days, is now a dilapidated and near forgotten structure on its last legs. Its restaurant attracted locals, and also served to house weary travelers and tourists on vacation. However, due to Strangerville's declining economy and inability to encourage tourism within the last 2 decades, the motel has fallen into serious disrepair and could very well be torn down to make way for a parking lot. People are advised not to stay in the motel's rooms.

PGZqlG6.png
    suQhIoZ.png
    zD2Ay1J.png

The Regency Queen Hotel
    3 Plumbob Rating
    Situated in downtown Mirage Canyon, the hotel sits perfectly in between the city's vibrant nightlife and restaurants. Whether you're on a business trip or on a romantic getaway, this hotel is as stylish as it is affordable. All rooms come with 1 queen bed. Suites include a separate sitting area, microwave and fridge. Conference room is available for business meetings and gatherings.

PuNx7rS.png
    eJIAGjA.png
    5KChvnQ.png
    GbPXdwr.png

Sandy Oasis Motel
    2 Plumbob Rating
    Located off of Interstate 169, this motel is the ideal rest stop for travelers on long road trips. Comfortable rooms at cheap rates, its a popular choice for family vacations. Only 30 minutes from the beach! All rooms come with 2 queen beds, fridge and microwave. Hot/cold breakfast is included!

5tztcmO.png
    xt3aN5v.png
    X0akXoe.png

Motel 7
    2 Plumbob Rating
    A discount motel chain with basic, yet comfortable rooms for cheap prices. Great for travelers looking for short stays, or family trips. All rooms are either single or double queen beds, with a kitchenette. On site laundry is available.
    k7ocj16.png

Casbah Heights
    4 Plumbob Rating
    Located in the artsy corner of San Myshuno, Casbah Heights is the ideal location for visitors wishing to explore the Arts Quarter in sophistication and style. All rooms offer spectacular views of the city, with some standard rooms and suites offering balcony views. Bask in the creative energy of the city during the day, but feel free to step inside the Casbah Cafe for a latte or take your tastebuds on a culinary journey at our on-site restaurant. (Reservations highly encouraged)

Choose from either single or double queen rooms or single queen suites. Balcony rooms depend on availability.
    B9ol1Am.png
    7kPpeWY.png
    VXYpmfm.png
    5iUD44H.png
    diHmJge.png

The Queen's View Inn
    2.5 Plumbob Rating
    In the early days of Brindleton, the inn was once of the first structures built in Whiskerman's Wharf. Many men were working and building the docks, so someone thought to build a boarding house for them. For about 5 simoleans a week, a dock worker could rent a cot and have access to 2 free meals a day. Since wages were good on the docks(on average a dock worker could make perhaps 9 simoleans a day) it was ideal for the men who wanted to save up for their families or spend freely on themselves and not worry about finding a bed for the night. Sailors enjoying land after months at sea were a common sight, and were welcomed at the house and tavern as long as they had money to spend. The downtown area had built up around the boarding house and stayed intergral to Brindleton Bay's maritime history. Over time, the family that owned the boarding house turned it into an inn to further preserve it.

gmlLI5P.png
    enEBOkj.png
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @InuMiroLover I love all of them and the plumbob ratings! So creative.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I want resort/hotel lots added to the game so badly! I would love for them to be added to the list of businesses that your sim can own and run. I also miss (from TS3) reading reviews from guests who stay at my resort and learning how to improve guest experiences. I also miss the poolside bars lol.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    tumblr_nox6bpdIJA1sa11jco1_540.gif

It will go well, just don't mention the war.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    edited August 2020
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I hope they do bring out hotels/resorts. But, when they bring them out I hope they let us put the lots in any world. The regular worlds , and the vacation worlds.

Yes, I definitely would need to use a hotel feature in many worlds, and not just destination worlds. I currently have such lots in Windenburg, Magnolia Promenade, San Myshuno and Oasis Springs. Want to add in Selvadorada and Granite Falls, too.

Loved your stuff @Hermitgirl - especially The Bates Motel :)
    So since I clearly hate myself Ive built SEVERAL hotels/motels knowing they'll never function as such. I have at least 8 spread out over my 2 saves, so I'll share the ones Im most proud of.

The Crowne Palace Motel
    1 Plumbob Rating
    Once a source of town pride in its glory days, is now a dilapidated and near forgotten structure on its last legs. Its restaurant attracted locals, and also served to house weary travelers and tourists on vacation. However, due to Strangerville's declining economy and inability to encourage tourism within the last 2 decades, the motel has fallen into serious disrepair and could very well be torn down to make way for a parking lot. People are advised not to stay in the motel's rooms.

PGZqlG6.png
    suQhIoZ.png
    zD2Ay1J.png

The Regency Queen Hotel
    3 Plumbob Rating
    Situated in downtown Mirage Canyon, the hotel sits perfectly in between the city's vibrant nightlife and restaurants. Whether you're on a business trip or on a romantic getaway, this hotel is as stylish as it is affordable. All rooms come with 1 queen bed. Suites include a separate sitting area, microwave and fridge. Conference room is available for business meetings and gatherings.

PuNx7rS.png
    eJIAGjA.png
    5KChvnQ.png
    GbPXdwr.png

Sandy Oasis Motel
    2 Plumbob Rating
    Located off of Interstate 169, this motel is the ideal rest stop for travelers on long road trips. Comfortable rooms at cheap rates, its a popular choice for family vacations. Only 30 minutes from the beach! All rooms come with 2 queen beds, fridge and microwave. Hot/cold breakfast is included!

5tztcmO.png
    xt3aN5v.png
    X0akXoe.png

Motel 7
    2 Plumbob Rating
    A discount motel chain with basic, yet comfortable rooms for cheap prices. Great for travelers looking for short stays, or family trips. All rooms are either single or double queen beds, with a kitchenette. On site laundry is available.
    k7ocj16.png

Casbah Heights
    4 Plumbob Rating
    Located in the artsy corner of San Myshuno, Casbah Heights is the ideal location for visitors wishing to explore the Arts Quarter in sophistication and style. All rooms offer spectacular views of the city, with some standard rooms and suites offering balcony views. Bask in the creative energy of the city during the day, but feel free to step inside the Casbah Cafe for a latte or take your tastebuds on a culinary journey at our on-site restaurant. (Reservations highly encouraged)

Choose from either single or double queen rooms or single queen suites. Balcony rooms depend on availability.
    B9ol1Am.png
    7kPpeWY.png
    VXYpmfm.png
    5iUD44H.png
    diHmJge.png

The Queen's View Inn
    2.5 Plumbob Rating
    In the early days of Brindleton, the inn was once of the first structures built in Whiskerman's Wharf. Many men were working and building the docks, so someone thought to build a boarding house for them. For about 5 simoleans a week, a dock worker could rent a cot and have access to 2 free meals a day. Since wages were good on the docks(on average a dock worker could make perhaps 9 simoleans a day) it was ideal for the men who wanted to save up for their families or spend freely on themselves and not worry about finding a bed for the night. Sailors enjoying land after months at sea were a common sight, and were welcomed at the house and tavern as long as they had money to spend. The downtown area had built up around the boarding house and stayed intergral to Brindleton Bay's maritime history. Over time, the family that owned the boarding house turned it into an inn to further preserve it.

gmlLI5P.png
    enEBOkj.png

Ohhhh! Thanks for sharing, I would love staying at all of those (well, most of those). So diverse and love the through descriptions and the historical look back in some, too.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I have no hotels, but I have beds or tents at community lots all around the world.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    no hotels yet really cause I just keep feeling like I should wait for them to add those first to see what size objects I have to fit in
    but I tend to add room or two for sims to live in when I make spas restaurants or bars
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free