Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oriental rugs

I honestly wish we had some really nice oriental rugs. I have some beautiful homes that honestly need something better than the Ikea looking rugs we have. This a great opportunity for new designs. Those style of rugs aren't just great for large home but would be gorgeous for Middle Eastern and Indi-asian homes & buildings.

I would love to see something akin to the large asian rugs from Sims 3 World Adventures. Those were lovely.
“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    yeeees yeeeees yeeeeees I don't need another boring ikea rug give me more rugs, real rugs
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Yes please!!!! I love beautiful and especially intricate rugs. I really hope they would add some of the gorgeous Oriental ones!!!! A big, huge YES to this!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Any examples?
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    Absolutely! The swatches of the existing rugs are also always oddly similar to eachother, when they could be made very differently, greatly enhancing decoration gameplay.

Example: https://www.google.com/search?q=rugs+from+afghanistan&rlz=1C1PRFI_enSE813SE813&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj0reXc6sfrAhXJysQBHcVSCsgQ_AUoAXoECBIQAw&biw=1920&bih=969
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I've seen some builders use multiple rugs and layer them in different sizes to make a rug. It's very cool.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yes !! I'd love to have rugs like these :

Al3W20w.jpg
    wcpaMS7.jpg

Chinese rug
    CBelKfQ.jpg

Aubusson rug
    kMD0vie.jpg
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Yes please!!
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Here I put all the rugs that look ancient that I could find (I didn't add all the swatches), there are maybe two that look oriental. You can see the patterns are often kind of the same too.

4a54Bj0.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I also feel like when they add oriental rug some of them are like too bright colored so they don't have the "old rug" look which makes me sad

like okay bright colors are cool too but I really want more rugs similar to the colors of that get famous rug so at least swatch or 2 in more muted colors would be useful
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free